Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Didn't feel like I celebrated Rudolf Day well enough yesterday so watched Bad Mom's Christmas today, loved it!! The next Rudolf Day also happens to be my birthday!! Double celebration!

25th Feb?
    Same as myself so!:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

DvB wrote:
    25th Feb? Same as myself so!

Yes, 25th Feb, birthday twins!! So that's 2 cakes elves!!!

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Yes, 25th Feb, birthday twins!! So that's 2 cakes elves!!!

I'm more than happy to share! :)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So is that decided - next Rudolph day we all have to treat ourselves to some cake?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    So is that decided - next Rudolph day we all have to treat ourselves to some cake?

I think it’s only right. Bonus points for Yule logs and Christmas cakes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I might make a sponge and decorate it with royal icing and a few robins and such. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

Flourless brownies is my goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

But do we have to wait for next rudolph day to have any cake:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Absolutely yes and anytime caught cheating will get a lump of coal :p

Do jaffa cakes count?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well there’s always time for cake unless you’re like me and you’ve eaten all around you at Christmas and now you are on a serious detox.

DvB wrote: »
    Do jaffa cakes count?

No as they are biscuits...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I may attempt to make a yule log! There's one in my Paul Hollywood book that I was meant to try then forgot all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm all set for making my Buche de Noel at the weekend! :D Just ordered the few ingredients not already in my baking press! Mother in law says I can borrow her swiss roll tin! Woot!

Our second Rudolph Day is Sunday!

I almost forgot about this given how quick this month went by!

I can't believe it's the end of February already. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Guys I forgot to tell ye I put "Rudolph Day" as a recurring event in my google calendar which my wife can see and she was like "eh, WTF is this?". I think when I told her what we were doing in here she was torn between "that's adorable" and "you're mental"

OH WELL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Posy wrote: »
    I can't believe it's the end of February already. :eek:

It has flown hasn’t it?

My plan was to get a turkey drumstick for Sunday but I haven’t seen them in the supermarket for a couple of weeks. Chicken it is!

I’m still in hospital so it’s a Christmas movie for me this afternoon. Weather is quite appropriate too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My Rudolf day plans involve a walk with the dogs, early fire lit, PJ's by 3pm and too much food. I hope that is christmassy enough. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I’m still in hospital so it’s a Christmas movie for me this afternoon. Weather is quite appropriate too :)

Aw hope your recovery is going well corklass. Rest up.

Thanks Postgrad, it’s all good :)

Get well soon Cork Lass and happy Rudolph day to one and all!!

Jude13 wrote: »
    Get well soon Cork Lass and happy Rudolph day to one and all!!

Thanks jJude, I’m doing great, I hope you’re feeling better yourself.

I'm sorted now with my energy levels back up. Doing anything for Rudolph day? When do you get out?

Nothing special here for rudolf day. Hoping to get out late tomorrow or early tues, it’s been a long haul looks like it’s been a success and hopefully in a couple of months I’ll be off crutches and won’t need the stick anymore. Back to normal life then and I honestly can’t wait. Surgeon is even confident I will be able to get back to spinning classes over time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy Rudolph Day everyone!

That's great, Cork Lass- all the best with your continued recovery.

Happy Rudolph Day, guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy Rudolph Day! Haven’t seen a turkey drumstick anywhere lately but I ordered one with the online grocery shop and now I’m staring at it trying to figure out what to do with it. :pac: Hope everyone has some lovely cake planned for today.

• Advertisement

Happy rudolph day everyone! This one came round quicker than the first one!

I got a lovely Lemon cake in LIDL for today. I'll throw pics up later when I'm having some. :)

Advertisement