Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Podcast App - Android

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Gwildor wrote: »
    Was that for Android or iOS? I can't see an update for me on Android.

Android. You might have it already, I had one yesterday and today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Stitcher is by far the best podcast app if you ask me, there is so much great content on there, you couldn't but find some content you are interested in on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

No pocket casts update today for me. I'm on 7.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Gwildor

Finally got an update today...

Gwildor wrote: »
    Finally got an update today...
    Same, hopefully that'll get rid of some of the small bugs. I've grown used to some of gbe UX tweaks (now just swipe and click to archive which is annoying)

• Advertisement

Pocket Casts seems to be behaving a lot better since 7.0.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I've been using Castbox and it's decent.

I've an issue with Pocketcasts and I'm not sure if it's a change they've made or whether I've adjusted something I shouldn't.

My podcasts in my filter for new episodes now show a play button beside them all. Previously it used to show a download button and only had the play if I'd downloaded it, and there's no easy way to see what I've downloaded and what I haven't? Anyone else come across that?

My new releases filter shows the arrow icon for episodes I've yet to download and the play icon for those I have. Have you auto download set to true for the new releases filter? Should be in the filter settings.

Or have you applied the downloaded filter to that new releases filter?

My new releases is Unplayed and In Progress and no older than 2 weeks.

I also have a downloaded filter which is simply downloaded.

Can't figure it out at all. I've just seen the green tick which helps a bit but I don't know what I've changed to give them all a play button.

The only one actually downloaded here is the GAA hour but the play buttons make it look like they all are.

cNiSUpP.png

PuyWrRU.png

• Advertisement

Scratch that, found it. It's a setting I hadn't seen before in General Settings.

UC6UMMb.png

Ahhhhh, my OCD can settle now.

nnJaLNg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

AntennaPod: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/de.danoeh.antennapod - it's also open-source.

Main website: http://antennapod.org

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Strange antics with Pocketcasts, or else it's just NPR's feeds that are the problem. It downloaded a heap of episodes (not from my asking) from March and others from the last few weeks. Stuff I've already listened to and it's mixing them up as well, it thinks NPR Politics is Fresh Air and Fresh Air is Hidden Brain which I've never subscribed to. All over the shop.

Haven't had any similar issue myself and have no NPR feeds.

6 suggestions from AC, hadn't heard of Scout before though it doesn't sound like something I'd use even though it's a lovely design.

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-podcast-app-android

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Strange antics with Pocketcasts, or else it's just NPR's feeds that are the problem. It downloaded a heap of episodes (not from my asking) from March and others from the last few weeks. Stuff I've already listened to and it's mixing them up as well, it thinks NPR Politics is Fresh Air and Fresh Air is Hidden Brain which I've never subscribed to. All over the shop.

Apology from npr on a podcast I'm listening to this morning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

steve_r wrote: »
    Apology from npr on a podcast I'm listening to this morning

Yeah, Planet Money and NPR Politics both had apologies.

Pocketcasts got a revamp lately and a .1 update too. It's now saying I've listened to 124 days, previously it was about half of that. Not so keen on some of the changes.

Advertisement