Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Come talk to us! C&H IRC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Will Mavidius rise again?

He wishes.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ah, young love <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

When there's no one around to even open the damn thing, it's definitely going to die >_<

How dare you people have lives??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Hotaru wrote: »
    When there's no one around to even open the damn thing, it's definitely going to die >_<

There is always the OT

On it.

• Advertisement

On it.

Good boy.

Good boy.

:mad:
    Consider yourself kicked!

:mad:
    Consider yourself kicked!

I wonder has anyone been kicked recently.

unknown13 wrote: »
    I wonder has anyone been kicked recently.

Me :mad:

It happens on a daily basis :(

Me :mad:

It happens on a daily basis :(

It hasn't changed then kicking people out for fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

It would seem I've not posted in this before according to the icon. I've come in here for the first time to say, everyone get your arses back here! It's not been the same ever since this IRC started up! :(

syncosised wrote: »
    It would seem I've not posted in this before according to the icon. I've come in here for the first time to say, everyone get your arses back here! It's not been the same ever since this IRC started up! :(

Very true. IRC killed The Den

Logical solution would be just to join us on IRC...

unknown13 wrote: »
    Very true. IRC killed The Den

Wrong. The Den does fine, and we only open at night.

Wrong. The Den does fine, and we only open at night.

Right. Before the IRC opened there would be 5 or 6 pages full of posts now since the IRC has opened there is only 1 or 2 pages full of posts.

And thank goodness for that! Who wants to read 7 pages of babble? Anywho, I shan't continue this conversation.

And thank goodness for that! Who wants to read 7 pages of babble? Anywho, I shan't continue this conversation.

Who wants to look at half an hours worth of maths talk

My complaint is more when I come on in the morning there's not much here. I don't really want to join in on the IRC, I prefer the structure of a message board. It also seems to favour those on the boards who stay up until 4am! :(

My complaint is more when I come on in the morning there's not much here. I don't really want to join in on the IRC, I prefer the structure of a message board. It also seems to favour those on the boards who stay up until 4am! :(

Then again, some people who don't stay up mightn't like missing the discussion on boards at night. I'd be in that category if I didn't sleep between such erratic times.

We're all chatting away now! You can stay as long or as eh... not as long as you like! People come and go and all that.

There's still a billion posts on C&H everyday though.

• Advertisement

That's a fair point, but I miss out regardless, so at least with the discussion on the boards I get to see what was said. Something to keep me entertained in the early morning at work! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

That's a fair point, but I miss out regardless, so at least with the discussion on the boards I get to see what was said. Something to keep me entertained in the early morning at work! :)

Makes 2 of us! 7am starts FTL :( We can just hijack all the c&h threads when they're all gone to bed...

Ingenious! I have a cunning plan! :D

Makes 2 of us! 7am starts FTL :( We can just hijack all the c&h threads when they're all gone to bed...

At least you're on IRC though :D

You know where the people are then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Do tell! :D
    At least you're on IRC though :D

Ya, I seem to have got way too used to lack of sleep. Meh. Up in 5 hours? Ohhh well :p

Do tell! :D

Ya, I seem to have got way too used to lack of sleep. Meh. Up in 5 hours? Ohhh well :p

Meh, you'll survive :D We're worth it and all that :p

Is it so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Pfft not up as late as you'd think. Nobody's there now :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I wouldn't say the IRC channel has an adverse effect on the forum.
    While posting in the Den may be down, ONION's correct in what he says about it being little more than "babble".

When it comes to a good forum, posting is a bit like the Leaving Cert: Quality > Quantity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement