Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer work wardrobe

• 05-05-2019 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Hi, always get good advice here. As we are entering warmer weather, I always struggle with what to wear for work. Winter is easy, dress, tights and boots are uniformly easy and professional looking.

I am in smart casual dress code, and am tall size 12.

Would love some suggestions of where to go or ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm wearing oversized thin cotton, linen and silk shirts half tucked in to light wash slim cut jeans (my dresscode is "anything goes" - I realise jeans, and especially pale ones, wouldn't be appropriate for many workpkaces - but the shirts would work just as well with tailored trousers).
    I get the shirts from Esprit, Cos, Penneys, GAP, Tesco, as well as from random brands stocked in TK Maxx and an old favourite I found in Pamela Scott (probably the only thing I ever bought there). Some are plain and others have subtle patterns.
    The thing I struggle with when it comes to work clothes for Summer is footwear - I always end up in Birkenstocks or Converse trainers as I can never find anything stylish that's actually comfortable enough for 10+ hours standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I find dressing for summer so difficult because I want to look season-appropriate but our office is over air-conditioned to the point of lunacy.

Anyway, I wear a lot of cigarette/capri-style tailored trousers with sleeveless or short-sleeved blouses and always have a light jacket ready to throw on top when the office gets too cold.

Footwear-wise, a lot of the Skechers Go Walks are absolutely fine for a smart-casual workplace - I particularly like their boat shoes. I also wear a lot of wedges during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Thanks for all the suggestions, will check out the shops mentioned.

As mentioned foot ware can be tough in the summer as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think I solved my footwear problem yesterday actually - found a nice pair of leather pumps with a little wedge heel, the brand is Stonefly. Their insoles are ridiculous (gold plastic cut in a zig zag pattern and attached to the leather insole, seriously!) but easily removable so I just bought a pair of plain leather ones in anot her shoe shop.
    They're comfy, airy and look quite nice - I won't be winning any style awards anyway so I'm happy enough!

Advertisement