Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade 1Ups replica cabs thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Finally set my two cabs up yesterday. Love the artwork and look of them, they're lovely and small so perfect in a small room. The Rampage cab was slightly awkward to get the screen lined up as the holes weren't perfectly aligned, whereas the Street Fighter one was a breeze to put together. I'd an issue with Street Fighter where the left stick ball top just wouldn't screw on, there must have been an issue with the threads on the stick or within the ball top. In the end I had to use a vice grips to hold the stick while I screwed the ball top on.

By far the biggest disappointment was the screen on SF2, it's absolute cack. Waaay too bright, washed out colours, pixelated to bits. No wonder people judge emulation based on experiences like these. Does anyone know if this is a common issue, because the screen on the Rampage cab is perfectly fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

airmax87 wrote: »
    Wishful thinking, but ill nip up a capcom one if they ever go below €200 - €400 is ridiculous

I think 200 is an absolute bargain for these considering you're getting a 4:3 LCD which are hard to get these days unless you go second hand.

Considering the new Capcom arcade stick costs more, you're really getting a lot more here.
    Just spend a little more on replacing joysticks and buttons and you have a really great cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,408 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Inviere wrote: »
    By far the biggest disappointment was the screen on SF2, it's absolute cack. Waaay too bright, washed out colours, pixelated to bits.

Be the first person to mod one with a CRT, g'wan! :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Be the first person to mod one with a CRT, g'wan! :D

I think it's actually faulty it looks that bad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Doge wrote: »
    I think 200 is an absolute bargain for these considering you're getting a 4:3 LCD which are hard to get these days unless you go second hand.

Considering the new Capcom arcade stick costs more, you're really getting a lot more here.
    Just spend a little more on replacing joysticks and buttons and you have a really great cab.

Finding them for that price seems to be hard enough tbh! Prices seem to be back to 400, if/where they can be found recently.

(not that I'm in the market for one right now, unfortunately)

• Advertisement

478768.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,408 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That Mortal Kombat 2 is going to be very hard to resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    That Mortal Kombat 2 is going to be very hard to resist!

I'll be able to hold off on it I'd say :D

One of the SFII cabs was spotted in the UK in a TK Max store for £135 , maybe keep an eye out in your local?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/arcade-1up-street-fighter-arcade-cabinet-3225036

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Really liking the look of the Final Fight cab

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One of the SFII cabs was spotted in the UK in a TK Max store for £135 , maybe keep an eye out in your local?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/arcade-1up-street-fighter-arcade-cabinet-3225036

No discount on them in Irish TKMaxx shops, the one I found, also SFII, is still €399.

They're not at all worth €399. The GameStop half price offer of €199 was a nice price point for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No discount on them in Irish TKMaxx shops, the one I found, also SFII, is still €399.

Was in TK Maxx Blanchardstown yesterday. They had one SFII and one Space Invaders reduced to €290.

ylSQyC3.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd love the Space Invaders one, if only to mod it with a vertical board.
    But the upper limit would be €199 for me.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I'd love the Space Invaders one, if only to mod it with a vertical board. But the upper limit would be €199 for me.

Can you mod this one? Space Invaders?

Do you mean gut it and add your own HW?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

What's the sound like on them, os there a decent bass on them

Edit

Ok it's in mono a handy mod to add an amp, stero and speaker is required

Stoner wrote: »
    Can you mod this one? Space Invaders?

Do you mean gut it and add your own HW?

Yeah, out with the old in with the necessary to play a vertical 60-in-1 board

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

I see smyths have 3 cabs for pre-order (pac-man, space invaders & SF2), full price though, €400

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/retro-gaming/c/SM060447

frasr wrote: »
    I see smyths have 3 cabs for pre-order (pac-man, space invaders & SF2), full price though, €400

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/retro-gaming/c/SM060447

They're not worth anything near €400. The €199 Gamestop offer was the sweet spot in terms of pricing.

Btw Arcade1UP are sending me a replacement screen for my SF2 cab. It's a washed out, overly bright mess. I got onto them, they asked for proof via pictures, a description of the fault, proof of purchase, name & address...and a day or two later they emailed back saying they've ordered a replacement screen for me. Their customer service is pretty decent thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

frasr wrote: »

Includes the riser, what's that worth? Still too expensive...

• Advertisement

iamtony wrote: »
    Includes the riser, what's that worth? Still too expensive...

Worth about 15e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Saw the Space Invaders and SF2 ones haven't shifted in Cork or Limerick TK Maxx yet. Down to €290. I'm still holding out for my original €40 clearance threshold cos I really don't need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Nice to see the PacMan cab become available for pre order at Smyth's.
    It would be great to get it for 200 at some stage like the GameStop machines before Christmas.

I've got a Space Invaders machine. It needed a new screen, and while it took many many weeks to arrive (along with the clear deck protector) it was free, so fairplay to Arcade1up considering I only paid 200 for it.

I finally picked up a replacement spinner for my Asteroids/Tempest cabinet, from Amazon.com.
    It's a pretty easy drop-in replacement and should make the performance of Tempest almost arcade perfect, at last!
    It worked out at about €60 or so, shipped.

I finally picked up a replacement spinner for my Asteroids/Tempest cabinet, from Amazon.com.
    It's a pretty easy drop-in replacement and should make the performance of Tempest almost arcade perfect, at last!
    It worked out at about €60 or so, shipped.

Was that including the customs fees prepaid?

Was that including the customs fees prepaid?

Prepaid, yep.
    Still not shipped, I'm getting a June the 6th delivery date.

Here's a thing...
    I was on the 1up site this morning, and I see the spare parts section.
    In there, for about €55, I could order the 12in1 motherboard and control deck.
    Would this be all that's needed to convert the Asteroids cab into something more capable?
    https://arcade1up.com/products/atari-12-1-pcb
    https://arcade1up.com/products/atari-12-1-control-deck

Equally you could install any of the other PCB/Control Panel combinations, to get the cab you want, albeit without the specific art.

edit: Seems they don't ship to anywhere bar US and Canada, I've emailed them to see if they are available here.
    Might be a cost effective way to expand the cab without all that messing around with a RPi

You could use address pal.
    I'd buy your asteroids pcb off ya:D
    I'd like to make a small atari cab with just vector games.
    Its the only type of cab I wouldn't mind putting an LCD in.

Here's a thing...
    I was on the 1up site this morning, and I see the spare parts section.
    In there, for about €55, I could order the 12in1 motherboard and control deck.
    Would this be all that's needed to convert the Asteroids cab into something more capable?
    https://arcade1up.com/products/atari-12-1-pcb
    https://arcade1up.com/products/atari-12-1-control-deck

Equally you could install any of the other PCB/Control Panel combinations, to get the cab you want, albeit without the specific art.

edit: Seems they don't ship to anywhere bar US and Canada, I've emailed them to see if they are available here.
    Might be a cost effective way to expand the cab without all that messing around with a RPi

Won't you need to upgrade the ****ty spinner and ball that comes with them also?

• Advertisement

Won't you need to upgrade the ****ty spinner and ball that comes with them also?

There is that, I'm waiting did the upgraded spinner to arrive from the US.
    If I was to change control panel I would need a new upgrade set

Advertisement