Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Job Sharing Affect Pension?

• 14-05-2019 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what this actually means?
    10. I am job-sharing – how is my pension calculated?

You have your job-sharing service treated on a pro-rata basis, i.e. 1 year = 183 days and the pensionable remuneration is the notional full rate of pay for the job. This means that the period of job-sharing is reckoned pro-rata to wholetime pensionable service and the pensionable remuneration is based on the wholetime equivalent pensionable remuneration.

I can't make sense of the above. Does it affect your pension or not? Does it count as half a year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Does anyone know what this actually means?

I can't make sense of the above. Does it affect your pension or not? Does it count as half a year?

1 year of job share counts as half a year of work for pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

Millem wrote: »
    1 year of job share counts as half a year of work for pension.

Thanks a million. I thought that would be the case. I don't know why they can't word it clearly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

That is very clear. It caters for all cases include job sharing for periods of days/weeks/months/years

Advertisement