Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gross alarm activations (unexplained)

• 06-04-2021 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi, just looking for wisdom on something...will keep this short and sweet!

We have a hkc alarm installed in the house (upgraded approx 4 years ago) and the following occurs;

Set alarm at nighttime, the next morning I would turn on the landing light (or en-suite light) and the alarm would activate..the keypad advising gross alarm activation in zone 6. This happened last year and the sensors were replaced in the the two areas covered by this zone. It has also occurred in January and last week. The alarm company logged in remotely into the alarm system on Saturday and adjusted the sensitivity of the sensors but we had an activation the next morning.

Has anyone come across this before? I can inhibit the zone in question in the short term which is not ideal.

Is it unusual to have a zone covering two points, in this case landing and bedroom 3?

Thanks in advance!

Colin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Hi, just looking for wisdom on something...will keep this short and sweet!

We have a hkc alarm installed in the house (upgraded approx 4 years ago) and the following occurs;

Set alarm at nighttime, the next morning I would turn on the landing light (or en-suite light) and the alarm would activate..the keypad advising gross alarm activation in zone 6. This happened last year and the sensors were replaced in the the two areas covered by this zone. It has also occurred in January and last week. The alarm company logged in remotely into the alarm system on Saturday and adjusted the sensitivity of the sensors but we had an activation the next morning.

Has anyone come across this before? I can inhibit the zone in question in the short term which is not ideal.

Is it unusual to have a zone covering two points, in this case landing and bedroom 3?

Thanks in advance!

Colin

Hi OP.

Nothing at all there is strange, I would I insist that your alarm company returns and that they check that zone properly, there is an old fault on it that, despite the new devices has yet to be found.

Advertisement