Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

London Irish.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

sebdavis wrote: »
    I like Zebo but for all the praise he gets, has he ever won anything at club level?

Magners League, 2010-2011

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭theVersatile

I like Zebo but for all the praise he gets, has he ever won anything?

By this standard, Stephen Donald is better than ROG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

By this standard, Stephen Donald is better than ROG
    Yeah, that's not how team sport works.

As I said I like him, but at the end of his career if he ends up with only a magners league from club rugby it will be a shame for him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭nerd69

As I said I like him, but at the end of his career if he ends up with only a magners league from club rugby it will be a shame for him

Little to do with an individual player though so your points not really valid either way

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

would zebo even have gotten a medal for 2011?
    do academy players get winners medals?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

sydthebeat wrote: »
    would zebo even have gotten a medal for 2011?
    do academy players get winners medals?
    He played 9 times that season, so yes he did.

He played 9 times that season, so yes he did.

does every who plays per season get a medal?

say Leinster used 60 ish players this season... everyone gets a medal? not just the senior playing squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Anyways, so London Irish yeah....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

does every who plays per season get a medal?

say Leinster used 60 ish players this season... everyone gets a medal? not just the senior playing squad?
    What's being in the academy got to do with anything? He played 9 senior games, therefore played a significant role in the winning the league. Why would he not have gotten a medal?

What's being in the academy got to do with anything? He played 9 senior games, therefore played a significant role in the winning the league. Why would he not have gotten a medal?

its a genuine question, im just wondering if medals are given to everyone who makes an appearance during the league season?

or is there a minimum start / appearance requirement before this happens... or do you have to be fully contracted etc.

in other professional sports there are definitely minimum requirements in order to receive a winners medal.... so im interested if someone knows the answer in regards to celtic league rugby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

its a genuine question, im just wondering if medals are given to everyone who makes an appearance during the league season?

or is there a minimum start / appearance requirement before this happens... or do you have to be fully contracted etc.

in other professional sports there are definitely minimum requirements in order to receive a winners medal.... so im interested if someone knows the answer in regards to celtic league rugby?
    No there isnt. Certainly dont have to be fully contracted with the number of academy players who regularly play a lot of games through the season

No minimum start or appearance requirement either afaik.

No there isnt. Certainly dont have to be fully contracted with the number of academy players who regularly play a lot of games through the season

No minimum start or appearance requirement either afaik.

great, id hate to think there would be academy players over the years who would have played at the top level but never been recognised for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I remember years ago in the premier league in soccer you had to have I think 10 appearances to get a medal. In Martin Keowns last season with arsenal it got to a stage he had to come off the bench in the last 4 games (I think it was) to get his medal but arsenal hadn’t quite won the league so he was relying on them being in the lead to get on for the last few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

In regards London Irish, they get a huge chuck of money from the RFU for developing young players, it was mentioned somewhere recently, they would need to hand this back etc....cant see it happening

salmocab wrote: »
    I remember years ago in the premier league in soccer you had to have I think 10 appearances to get a medal. In Martin Keowns last season with arsenal it got to a stage he had to come off the bench in the last 4 games (I think it was) to get his medal but arsenal hadn’t quite won the league so he was relying on them being in the lead to get on for the last few.

and i recall in the 1986 FA cup final where kevin moran played, he didnt get a medal cos he was sent off !! they eventually gave it to him at the start of the next season

Advertisement