Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Grand National 2021

Options
  • 29-03-2021 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 84,979 ✭✭✭✭

Run Wild Fred, Coko Beach, Escaria Ten, Farclas, Sempo and Tiger Roll likely runners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Tiger Roll? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

That Novice chase looks like a craker if Envoi, Energumene and Monkfish are all left in it. Highly doubtful i know but we can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Run Wild Fred owes me one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Coneygree wrote: »
    Run Wild Fred owes me one...

Yeah, owes me big time too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Boyles have gone NRCB (CashBack) if you fancy anything now. Had a few quid on RWF myself.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Money for Sempo seemingly. Joseph training. He needs a few to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

Robin de carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 84,979 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dorking Cock, a very long shot but the name made me laugh so worth an e/w bet

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Time to move on as Tiger Roll pulled - hope to see him in Aintree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

Irish Grand National Trends
    02/04/2021/by Andy Newton
    Staged at Fairyhouse racecourse the 2021 Irish Grand National is run over a trip of 3m5f with 24 fences to be jumped.

The gruelling contest is always staged on Easter Monday (5th April 2021), while several Irish Grand National winners have also won the Aintree Grand National, but none in the same season – Bobbyjo and Numbersixvalverde are recent examples of this.

For example, did you know? The 16 of the last 17 winners carried 10-13 or less in weight, while 14 of the last 17 successful horses were Irish-bred. We’ve also seen just three winning favourites in the last 17 renewals, while in 2019, trainer Willie Mullins landed his first Irish Grand National with the 6-year-old Burrows Saint.

Recent Irish Grand National Winners
    2020 - No Race (Covid)
    2019 – BURROWS SAINT (6/1 fav)
    2018 - GENERAL PRINCIPLE (20/1)
    2017 – OUR DUKE (9/2 fav)
    2016 – ROGUE ANGEL (16/1)
    2015 – THUNDER AND ROSES (20/1)
    2014 – SHUTTHEFRONTDOOR (8/1 fav)
    2013 – LIBERTY COUNSEL (50/1)
    2012 – LION NA BEARNAI (33/1)
    2011 – ORGANISEDCONFUSION (12/1)
    2010 – BLUESEA CRACKER (25/1)
    2009 – NICHE MARKET (33/1)
    2008 – HEAR THE ECHO (33/1)
    2007 – BUTLER’S CABIN (14/1)
    2006 – POINT BARROW (20/1)
    2005 – NUMBERSIXVALVERDE (9/1)
    2004 – GRANIT D’ESTRUVAL (33/1)
    2003 – TIMBERA (11/1)

Irish Grand National Betting Trends
    16/17 – Carried 10-13 or LESS
    16/17 – Had raced within the last 8 weeks
    16/17 – Won over at least 3m previously
    15/17 – Winning distance – 5 lengths or less
    14/17 – Irish bred
    14/17 – Carried 10-8 or LESS
    13/17 – Came from outside the top 3 in the betting
    13/17 – Returned a double-figure price
    14/17 – Aged 9 or younger
    12/17 – Carried 10-6 or LESS
    13/17 – Won by an Irish-based trainer
    12/17 – Had raced at Fairyhouse previously
    11/17 – Unplaced favourites
    10/17 – Finished fourth or better last time out
    10/17 – Had raced within the last 4 weeks
    8/17 – Rated between 130-136
    4/17 – Won by an English-based trainer
    3/17 – Ran at Navan last time out
    3/17 – Won last time out
    3/17 – Winning favourites
    The average winning SP in the last 16 years is 21/1
    Trainer Willie Mullins is yet to win the race
    Only two horses since 2000 to win with more than 11-0, Our Duke (2017) & Commanche Court (2000)

Let’s take a look at some of the key trends………………

Weight – You can start your weight cut-off point at 10st 13lbs or less as 16 of the last 17 winners ticked this trend, but you can also take this a bit further too. With 82% of the last 17 winners having 10st 8lbs or less, then you could whittle down the runners further with this stat, or if you’re feeling a bit braver, then it could pay to note 12 of the last 17 winners (71%) won with just 10st 6lbs or less on their backs.

Recent Run/Form – Having a recent run within the last eight weeks is another trend to have on your side – 16 of the last 17 winners supported this trend, plus 10 of the last 17 ran in the last 4 weeks. The same amount had also won a race over at least 3m in the past, while 10 of the last 17 winners came into the race off a top four finish last time out, but it’s worth pointing out only 3 of the last 17 won their last outing.

Track Form – The most recent winner of the race – Burrows Saint – was having his debut run at Fairyhouse, but in general previous experience of the course is certainly something to look for with 12 of the last 17 successful horses having raced at the track before.

Betting – In the last 17 runnings, the average winning SP has been 20/1 – this tells us to not be afraid to look a bit further down the market for the winner. Yes, the 2019 winner – Burrows Saint – was sent off at the 6/1 favourite, but he was only the third winning market leader since 2003 and we’ve seen 11 of the last 17 jollies finish unplaced. This is further backed up with 13 of the last 17 winners coming from outside the top three in the market and also returning a double-figure price.

Age – Unlike the Aintree Grand National, where horses aged 7 or younger have struggled in recent times, the Irish version has been okay for the younger runners. The most recent winner – Burrows Saint was a 6 year-old when he won in 2019, while 50% of the last six winners have been aged 7 – did you know, the last 7 year-old to land the Aintree Grand National was in 1940! We saw a couple of 10 year-olds win the Irish National in 2012 and 2013, but since 1998 (22 runnings) we’ve had 19 runners aged 9 or younger.

================================================

• Advertisement

del roy wrote: »
    Irish Grand National Trends
    02/04/2021/by Andy Newton
    Staged at Fairyhouse racecourse the 2021 Irish Grand National is run over a trip of 3m5f with 24 fences to be jumped.

The gruelling contest is always staged on Easter Monday (5th April 2021), while several Irish Grand National winners have also won the Aintree Grand National, but none in the same season – Bobbyjo and Numbersixvalverde are recent examples of this.

For example, did you know? The 16 of the last 17 winners carried 10-13 or less in weight, while 14 of the last 17 successful horses were Irish-bred. We’ve also seen just three winning favourites in the last 17 renewals, while in 2019, trainer Willie Mullins landed his first Irish Grand National with the 6-year-old Burrows Saint.

Recent Irish Grand National Winners
    2020 - No Race (Covid)
    2019 – BURROWS SAINT (6/1 fav)
    2018 - GENERAL PRINCIPLE (20/1)
    2017 – OUR DUKE (9/2 fav)
    2016 – ROGUE ANGEL (16/1)
    2015 – THUNDER AND ROSES (20/1)
    2014 – SHUTTHEFRONTDOOR (8/1 fav)
    2013 – LIBERTY COUNSEL (50/1)
    2012 – LION NA BEARNAI (33/1)
    2011 – ORGANISEDCONFUSION (12/1)
    2010 – BLUESEA CRACKER (25/1)
    2009 – NICHE MARKET (33/1)
    2008 – HEAR THE ECHO (33/1)
    2007 – BUTLER’S CABIN (14/1)
    2006 – POINT BARROW (20/1)
    2005 – NUMBERSIXVALVERDE (9/1)
    2004 – GRANIT D’ESTRUVAL (33/1)
    2003 – TIMBERA (11/1)

Irish Grand National Betting Trends
    16/17 – Carried 10-13 or LESS
    16/17 – Had raced within the last 8 weeks
    16/17 – Won over at least 3m previously
    15/17 – Winning distance – 5 lengths or less
    14/17 – Irish bred
    14/17 – Carried 10-8 or LESS
    13/17 – Came from outside the top 3 in the betting
    13/17 – Returned a double-figure price
    14/17 – Aged 9 or younger
    12/17 – Carried 10-6 or LESS
    13/17 – Won by an Irish-based trainer
    12/17 – Had raced at Fairyhouse previously
    11/17 – Unplaced favourites
    10/17 – Finished fourth or better last time out
    10/17 – Had raced within the last 4 weeks
    8/17 – Rated between 130-136
    4/17 – Won by an English-based trainer
    3/17 – Ran at Navan last time out
    3/17 – Won last time out
    3/17 – Winning favourites
    The average winning SP in the last 16 years is 21/1
    Trainer Willie Mullins is yet to win the race
    Only two horses since 2000 to win with more than 11-0, Our Duke (2017) & Commanche Court (2000)

Let’s take a look at some of the key trends………………

Weight – You can start your weight cut-off point at 10st 13lbs or less as 16 of the last 17 winners ticked this trend, but you can also take this a bit further too. With 82% of the last 17 winners having 10st 8lbs or less, then you could whittle down the runners further with this stat, or if you’re feeling a bit braver, then it could pay to note 12 of the last 17 winners (71%) won with just 10st 6lbs or less on their backs.

Recent Run/Form – Having a recent run within the last eight weeks is another trend to have on your side – 16 of the last 17 winners supported this trend, plus 10 of the last 17 ran in the last 4 weeks. The same amount had also won a race over at least 3m in the past, while 10 of the last 17 winners came into the race off a top four finish last time out, but it’s worth pointing out only 3 of the last 17 won their last outing.

Track Form – The most recent winner of the race – Burrows Saint – was having his debut run at Fairyhouse, but in general previous experience of the course is certainly something to look for with 12 of the last 17 successful horses having raced at the track before.

Betting – In the last 17 runnings, the average winning SP has been 20/1 – this tells us to not be afraid to look a bit further down the market for the winner. Yes, the 2019 winner – Burrows Saint – was sent off at the 6/1 favourite, but he was only the third winning market leader since 2003 and we’ve seen 11 of the last 17 jollies finish unplaced. This is further backed up with 13 of the last 17 winners coming from outside the top three in the market and also returning a double-figure price.

Age – Unlike the Aintree Grand National, where horses aged 7 or younger have struggled in recent times, the Irish version has been okay for the younger runners. The most recent winner – Burrows Saint was a 6 year-old when he won in 2019, while 50% of the last six winners have been aged 7 – did you know, the last 7 year-old to land the Aintree Grand National was in 1940! We saw a couple of 10 year-olds win the Irish National in 2012 and 2013, but since 1998 (22 runnings) we’ve had 19 runners aged 9 or younger.

================================================

Nice ....unfortunately Latest Exhibition doesn't fit the bill for any of that! lets break a few trends

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Nice ....unfortunately Latest Exhibition doesn't fit the bill for any of that! lets break a few trends

Can't please everyone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Couple of horses I fancied for Cheltenham reappear. Gabynako 3.50 Fairyhouse was well fancied when brought down early in Cheltenham. Once again the money is down. Apologies I should of put this up last night as the price is not very appealing especially when the favourites form is equally backed up.

Skyace for Shark is another for a lot of money. Horse the owners thought they would be paying 15,000 grand they got for pennies. And they've got some great days out. Heavy money down today and it wouldn't surprise me if it's involved. Price again is poor now but it may be bigger on opening showing as I've a feeling this could be bookies being wary rather than a volume of money.

Couple of horses I fancied for Cheltenham reappear. Gabynako 3.50 Fairyhouse was well fancied when brought down early in Cheltenham. Once again the money is down. Apologies I should of put this up last night as the price is not very appealing especially when the favourites form is equally backed up.

Skyace for Shark is another for a lot of money. Horse the owners thought they would be paying 15,000 grand they got for pennies. And they've got some great days out. Heavy money down today and it wouldn't surprise me if it's involved. Price again is poor now but it may be bigger on opening showing as I've a feeling this could be bookies being wary rather than a volume of money.

Paddy's have Skyace 9/2 as a special. Soon as I seen that It put me off her.

gazza1 wrote:
    Paddy's have Skyace 9/2 as a special. Soon as I seen that It put me off her.

I would agree. Due too trainer it's easy for a bookie to shorten its price and watch the punter pile in.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

I would agree. Due too trainer it's easy for a bookie to shorten its price and watch the punter pile in.

She was a good winner! Some bargain of a horse - bought for €600!

Well done - great story too. I'd say the syndicate had a fair few bob on after the trainer told them "she won't be bet" !

anyone fancy this one

THE BIG DOG (P Fahey) is interesting with Jamie Codd retained in the saddle as he and Fahey don’t team up all that much but when they have they’ve returned favourable figures...130P13234121 (4/12, 4p). I also like Fahey last time out winners that return within 60 days are aged 5yo+ and start at 14/1 or less...36/104 | 35% S/R | +£97.88 BFLSP – W&P 59/104 | 57% S/R - 56% above exp...an angle that The Big Dog fits here.

del roy wrote: »
    anyone fancy this one

THE BIG DOG (P Fahey) is interesting with Jamie Codd retained in the saddle as he and Fahey don’t team up all that much but when they have they’ve returned favourable figures...130P13234121 (4/12, 4p). I also like Fahey last time out winners that return within 60 days are aged 5yo+ and start at 14/1 or less...36/104 | 35% S/R | +£97.88 BFLSP – W&P 59/104 | 57% S/R - 56% above exp...an angle that The Big Dog fits here.

Done all his winning on soft puts me off and also by Saddlers Hall who is 0-10 in the race.

I've backed 3 in the race just small ew bets to have an interest.

Run Wild Fred (owes me)

Robin de Carlow, big risk being off for so long but has some serious form over shorter trips and by Presenting who has sired 3 previous winners.

Brace Yourself only 2lbs higher than when 2nd over C&D and been put away since with this in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭oldfella

Went with Eurobot @40/1 and jerrysback @33/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,979 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Boyle Sports paying 7 places

Any thoughts on Off You Go?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

It looks to be an excellent Grand National field. Latest Exhibition is a fascinating runner, and it will be really interesting to see how he goes. Cases can be made for many of the horses at the top end of the weights, I feel, despite the trends that these horses often struggle in this race. MOYHENNA has an up-and-down record, but I think this was always the aim with her: I remember her owner being interviewed after she won a race in Punchestown in 2019, and he alluded to aiming for the Grand National the following year (which didn't take place, of course). She finished a half-a-length behind Agusta Gold in a mares' chase at Fairyhouse in January before going on to finish seven lengths behind The Big Dog at Punchestown and running creditably in the Mares' Chase at Cheltenham. Hugh Morgan claims five pounds off her also, and on what's going to be her last race before she's retired for breeding, I'm hoping she can have a last big run in her and hopefully hit the frame at 28/1.

del roy wrote:

Have it backed. Seems value but the favourite needs to under perform.

French Light in the first tomorrow. Been interested in the trainer since moving over from the states. Baltimore Bucko falling at the last when coming to win last time out hurt a lot so hopefully this one can get its head in front as the trainer is heading back to the states next Saturday so no chance to recoup.

(Find it weird a trainer with horses needing good (or even firm ground) decides now to head home when good ground is on the horizon)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fancying Brace Yourself 18/1 & Augusta Gold 9/1... Foster/Elliot have a few serious plays here mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Discordantly 25/1

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

GoneHome wrote: »
    Discordantly 25/1
    Agreed
    Plus Jerrysback

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Big Dog NR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

The last genuine grade 1 horse we saw in an Irish National was our duke and he won on the bridle, latest exhibition could do the same today. I’m not saying he will but he’s classy enough. Coko Beach will probably be a bet at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭sidcon

d00mk1n wrote: »
    Big Dog NR?

Yep ground not soft enough, I had him Antipost which is a pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

have come around to the idea latest exhibition is way above these and will have a saver on escaria ten in case something happens him

Advertisement