Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RacingTV

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

callaway92 wrote: »
    1/1.5 seconds from actual live to the TV viewer at home just isn't possible.

I know you're saying you test it but from my POV, I'm in the Sports Data industry and Betting companies pay us in the seven figures to provide them with the raw feeds which would be upwards of 6 seconds ahead of the feeds that TV viewers receive (still cameras, birds-eye cameras etc is what they'd be getting).

They wouldn't do that if people watching on TV were getting virtually the exact same feedback.

Well that’s what it is - I have tested it and I’m sure many more have. There is no feeds 6 seconds ahead of live action in horse racing anyway for certain. Maybe in football but it’s not as lucrative an in running betting proposition as horse racing is

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Shanee. wrote: »
    Well that’s what it is - I have tested it and I’m sure many more have. There is no feeds 6 seconds ahead of live action in horse racing anyway for certain. Maybe in football but it’s not as lucrative an in running betting proposition as horse racing is

Bit miffed so why betting companies would pay the money they do to receive the raw footage when they can just use TV broadcasts but that’s cool to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

callaway92 wrote: »
    Bit miffed so why betting companies would pay the money they do to receive the raw footage when they can just use TV broadcasts but that’s cool to know...

Tested it myself on track last week. RUK No more than 2 seconds behind if even that.

ATR is miles behind though at least 6/7 Seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Kauto wrote: »
    Tested it myself on track last week. RUK No more than 2 seconds behind if even that.

ATR is miles behind though at least 6/7 Seconds

ATR miles behind but the Betfair Live Video from ATR tracks is only 2/3 seconds behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

€12 per month deal on today.

Advertisement