Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabs I've sold

• 03-02-2021 11:24am

Here a few pics of cabs/pins I've sold a mostly regretted over the years.
    The ones I sold funded the next purchase so its gotta be done.....

A leisure 2000 mame cab,belongs to a cousin of mine now so it might come back :D

2013-03-22-10-58-44.jpg

This lovely little cab I got on adverts fixed up and sold.
    Regretted that the minute it left the house.
    I put garish lightup LED buttons on it,it was the style at time........

2013-07-31-22-58-40.jpg

An E2 I bought from Ronnie (what was I thinking sellign it ?)
    Still belongs to a member here so thats good.

20130329-190707.jpg

The first candy I had ,A sega blast city from Jeff in the UK.
    Broke my heart arriving dead and took months to sort out.
    sold to a member here.

20130405-172347.jpg

A roadshow pin,sold to Token.
    Fond memories of picking this one up in Clare off an absolute gent of a mad man.

2015-03-07-15-56-04.jpg

A Gettaway pin
    Bought this of a lad via UKVAC and this is what lead to the pinball league starting back up .
    Drove up to belfast to collect it not realizing it was the 11th of July until I couldn't see the sun with union jacks :D

IMAG0856.jpg

Comments

A jurassic park lost world pin
    CathalDub spotted this in a gokart place and i rang them and he sold it too me:D
    Went to England for 1000e :rolleyes:

IMAG0968.jpg

A star track next gen pin
    The lad I bought road show off called me out of the blue one day and said his friend shipped this from america years ago and never set it up.
    He had plugged it into 220 and it went pop.
    Drove down to him the next saturday and took it home!

Belongs to keithgeo now :D:D

IMG-20150725-WA0016.jpg

A creature from the black lagoon pin.
    IMG-20160313-WA0009.jpg

A space station pin,
    Called a guy about something else and just happend to ask if he had any pinballs.
    He said this was holding open a door in the warehouse .
    Got up there and he had this and another Star Track nexy gen so I came home with both :eek:

IMAG0109.jpg

I sold space station before I moved house then bought it back a year or two later.
    Kept it for a year and sold it again !

Last one I sold was this sega naomi 18 wheeler.
    IMG-20200520-180846.jpg

I've missed at least one sega naomi.Cant remember if I had 2 or 3 of them over the years.
    All good arcade memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sweet jesus man, your back must be in ribbons!

Any of them you regret massively? I don't know how you parted with that E2 and TNG pin :eek:

I've actually played the hell out of that Road Show pin in Token, didn't know it came from yourself.

The little Jamma cab & star trek for sure.
    All the pins
    All of them !

Just remembered I owned a Gotleib Playball electro mechanical pinball & a bally black pyramid pin too!

Master of the Universe

It's quite amazing that you've gone through so many pins, must have some great contacts in the pin collecting scene! I'll have to get in touch with you in the future when I actually have space for one :pac:

Here's the three I've sold.

Started with a Leisure 2000 too, fairly sure this is now in The Thomas House on Francis Street.

Literally knew nothing about arcade machines when I bought that. Decided to flick a switch on the PSU (!) without actually looking up what it was for - of course it changed the input from 220v to 110v and instantly blew - fecking eejit :D

Mitch gave me a proper switching PSU and I installed it and got it going again.

Had a lovely picture but when it first turned on, the image would pincushion and collapse a few times until it warmed up, definitely needed a cap kit.
    OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

Then had this fat bastard of a yolk, which unfortunately never worked due to a broken chassis.

Again, if I'd known now what I knew then I'd have just whipped out the chassis and send it off to Grantspain, hadn't a notion though, probably talking about 15 years ago now!

I think this is now in Ciderman's house, the broken chassis story really lines up with how he got his one.

DSC-0780.jpg

Would be interesting to see if any of the scuffs on the side line up with his one

DSC-0779.jpg

Finally, the one I miss the most (and only had for about 4 months), the fattest, heaviest bastard of them all:

DSC-0990-Copy-zpsag2k3gtq.jpg

Some random lad bought it from me on adverts who I'd never met and have not heard a word from ever again, so feck knows where it is now!

Picture was absolutely gorgeous on this one, but it weighed 110kg and I was moving to an apartment so it had to go.

Was some dream lineup there for a while, always regret not having a beers!

DSC-0987-zpsx4kwhutp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I still have the STTNG and TheGetaway, i bought that off you too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

here is a few i sold off. first one is the one i built myself, not too much to look at but a lot of time was spent on it and learned a lot. i ended up giving it to a friend and he sold it on.

2.jpg

This cab i did up last year, it belongs to a friend of mine now.

3.jpg

This Tekken cab i got off Inviere and now its Jack Burtons, it was sitting in my shed taking up space, think i got a bag of meat for it!

4.jpg

A Tetris cab i made out of an electrocoin, I sold this one to Token years back.

5.jpg

The next two i really regert them having to go, BUTi had to sell them to buy the Star Trek The Next Gen pinball. So while i regret i dont own them anymore, i dont for one second regret selling them as im a huge Trek fan.

Original MK2 which went to Token along with the Tetris cab

6.jpg

and my Time Crisis I bought off Mitch, bought a new gun and PCB for it as it didnt come with them and fixed it up. It was perfect, I dont think i actually have seen a better condition Time Crisis than this one. Sold it on adverts... cant remember if it was to a regular, the guy at the time was buying up a good few cabs. If i had the space and money i never would have sold any of these.

7.jpg

There was a few more over the years, a moonbase cocktail I sold to someone on here i think, a couple of Xenons too. and about 10 cabs i got from barn in cork at one stage.

Oh i had a bad cats pinball machine too that i got from a guy up north for dirt cheap. didnt work. i sold that to Mitch. Completely forgot about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Inviere

This Tekken cab i got off Inviere and now its Jack Burtons, it was sitting in my shed taking up space, think i got a bag of meat for it!

4.jpg

I loved that thing, monster of a cab :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

I actually haven't sold that much, but I've more than made up for that by making a complete balls of things several times :p

I did have a few arcade cabinets waaay back but no pictures anymore. These pictures are more recent. Me and man-with-a-van picked up turtles and Simpsons for 50 quid a piece, realised when we loaded them into van they were LADEN down with money, subsequently forgot that fact, couldn't get them up the stairs due to weight, and ended up giving them back. With the full money drawers...

The dude helping to move them wasn't enthusiastic and clearly didn't want to be there at all, and then made a balls up by waiting somewhere else mistakenly for an hour, all adding to the slight panic of being stuck with these machines out on the footpath. More to it, but what a joke, just incompetence!

Also could have had the outrun deluxe for 50 quid, but I more regret owning turtles and simpsons for like an hour before "selling". "D'oh"

Sold a couple of those red intervideo cabinets after being disgusted with it all, just wanted rid. All else went to arcade club in the end.

uliyktsldgyh8.jpg

jhgfd6.jpg

gjuhtry6sf.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That AWSD came to Kerbdog as a busted thing, I am not sure what he had to do to get it working again.
    It's very underused in my house though, I am thinking of moving it on to someone more deserving... since I got it I finally added a 2 player CP, but it has languished for some time, with little more than a RPi giving it life from time to time.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That AWSD came to Kerbdog as a busted thing, I am not sure what he had to do to get it working again.
    It's very underused in my house though, I am thinking of moving it on to someone more deserving... since I got it I finally added a 2 player CP, but it has languished for some time, with little more than a RPi giving it life from time to time.

Get rid of the Pi & put a MISter into it, the cab deserves no less :) You might be far more inclined to use it then!

(I wince a little bit seeing people using Pi's for emulation, let alone in a cab like this one :o)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is the height of ignorance, but what on earth is a MISter?

This is the height of ignorance, but what on earth is a MISter?

A small FPGA board. Basically highly accurate programmable hardware recreations of the actual pcb's/systems of yore. Watch this perfectly timed short video from a few days ago, your cab is crying out for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Out of sheer curiosity, would any of the regulars here have lived in clontarf-ish area and bought a 2 player, 6 button silverline cabinet back in the day?

With street fighter 2 and a blue X-Men children of the atom? Amongst other games?

Rotating screen, looked a lot like this one here but with silver line marquee and more buttons.

unnamed-3.jpg

Just to add, I'd be very interested in getting it back!

Master of the Universe

I'm tempted to buy it off you and stick it back in my parents kitchen for the craic some day while they're out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Inviere wrote: »
    A small FPGA board. Basically highly accurate programmable hardware recreations of the actual pcb's/systems of yore. Watch this perfectly timed short video from a few days ago, your cab is crying out for one!

Thats exactly what im after...THANKS

So cabs Ive sold, not many as Im a bit of a hoarder

Sold a Naomi, dont regret that

sold a Blast City, i regret that but it paid for a lot more

recently sold my Who Dunnit pinball, now I really hate selling pins but it was replaced with Judge Dredd.

I think thats it then, I've sold a lot of console games over the years. But how I always looked at them is that I can pretty much buy then again in the morning if I throw down enough money and a flashcart will do the same. Arcade cabs are just an experience really, and all my console sales were to fund arcade stuff. For the price I got for about 6 Mega Drive games I bought Crazy Taxi, House of the dead 2 and Royal Rumble pinball, had to argue with that

planning on getting another cab and pin hopefully this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I don’t like to sell anything either
    I’ll add photos tomorrow

Generic woodie,
    Bought as a complete non working project and had great plans for a SF2ce cab, it broke my heart getting a working crt/chassis combo(I’ve still at least 2 tubes and 3 chassis in my house), but got there eventually and sold before I ever finished the project when an Atomiswave came up for sale in December.

rMfREZh.jpg

Pinball - Cyclone
    Bought this again as a full project, someone had stripped it, clear coated it with dirt still on the playfield, every board on this needed a lot of work, finally got it working, hated the game but the fun was in getting it working again, the theme music is embedded in my brain forever. Sold it to someone in Ireland so I’m sure it’ll pop up again. I think at least 4 of these came up for sale in Ireland in the time I owned it.

Pinball - LW3
    Bought this again as a project, in fact I bought 2 of them and made one good one, kept it a little while, another one with lots of board issues, broke my heart, every time I turned it on there was another issue to fix, that was kinda fun I guess. Shipped to the UK in November, my wife was delighted to see the back of that one, I parted out the second one and the cab was getting used as a visual pinball.

*I just realised all these machines came from the same person on here, along with 1 more which I’m hanging onto for now

I made a decision a while ago not to buy any more huge projects as my shedcade was basically a workshop for 2 years, I’ll hopefully pickup another pinball this year, probably The Simpson’s Pinball Party or Ghostbusters, unless a Metallica comes up at a decent price :D, if anyone reading this has any of those 3 or a lead on getting them, PM me, cash waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I've bought the following cabs and what I did with'em
    • 1x BAS UK cab - need a slight cleaning and had the chassis overhauled, that was moved on to CiDeRmAn who I think sold it?
    • 2x Sega Naomi cabs - actually bought via Sega UK who put in contact with a customer of theirs. Combined to make 1 good cab which I kept and modded to a sit-down unit - parts left over and not worth keeping got recycled
    • 1x Kit Bartop cab - 2P6B CP, wired for JAMMA except for VGA monitor - prob doesn't count, but now sitting in an attic gathering dust
    • 1x Atomiswave SD - this is in my workplace getting unloved, had an OK 2P6B CP installed. I think it has a SF2 board in it now - might sell it post-pox
    • 2x Sega Dinosaur King mini cabs - re-wired to JAMMA, one now a 2P4B CP and the other 1P6B. I have a 2P6B panel, its just a little tight :) both kept for now
    • 1x Arcade1Up 'Rampage' cab - I didn't intend on getting this, I blame CiDeRmAn. I did add an external USB socket for a keyboard to enter the stock MAME menu on the units and also a brightness pot. Prob should sell
    So its only one cab which I've moved on/sold, the BAS cab which I don't regret.
    The second Naomi unit wasn't worth saving when I combined to make one good cab.
    Reorganised the 'office' at home :) image attached

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

unless a Metallica comes up at a decent price :D, if anyone reading this has any of those 3 or a lead on getting them, PM me, cash waiting.

Does Fibber's still have a Metallica. Last time I saw it it could do with a tidy. Probably not for sale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Is1ldur wrote: »
    Does Fibber's still have a Metallica. Last time I saw it it could do with a tidy. Probably not for sale though.
    They do, but it’s not actually theirs, it’s an operators and I know him, I message him every month, some day he’ll cave, I’m 1st on the list :D
    Last time I was in there the sling shot rubbers had snapped and it was basically unplayable

• Advertisement
Advertisement