Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

147/1 - Snooker Betting Thread

Comments

^^^^^

Good luck.. Seems a decent bet that

Hope it's 2+ tons :pac:

Probably is, and not being pedantic, but ya never know with them layers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

^^^^^

Good luck.. Seems a decent bet that

Hope it's 2+ tons :pac:

Probably is, and not being pedantic, but ya never know with them layers..

Ah yeah, it is 2 or more. It's not fantastic value. Nothing jumping out at me either, just an interest. But if he does hit 2+, it's likely he will be leading after 4 and will win.

Dante7 wrote: »
    Ah yeah, it is 2 or more. It's not fantastic value. Nothing jumping out at me either, just an interest. But if he does hit 2+, it's likely he will be leading after 4 and will win.

Sound logic that. Hope Ron wins myself. Took the 11/10 outright, which isn't huge, but if he beats Higgins he'll probably be 1/2, and maybe shorter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Higgins shortened a few points for next years world's after that performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mistermiyagi

Bingtao will beat Bingham handy I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mistermiyagi

Bingtao will beat Higgins handy I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Bookies have Judd generally 2/7 today which seems short enough to me. Has usually had edge over jack in their encounters but jack has been slowly closing the gap. Only going to have one bet which is jack to have a 50 break first two frames at 13/2, hoping he has a fast start. Otherwise just happy to watch.

Welsh Open

Kyren Wilson 16/1 ew (1-2)

Looking forward to seeing him play anon. Apart from Judd and Ronnie I think it's pretty open, and in this format where anyone can win, I think that he's solid enough of a player, and will be trying hard as usual. Haven't seen much of him lately, and these best of sevens should be entertaining, with him playing a relative unknown in Chen Zifan. He doesn't lack in bottle does Kyren and, if he finds himself behind should he get to the latter stages of this comp I think he's the type of player that won't get too phased. About to kick off now, and he could perhaps be as short as 9s if this match ends in the cakewalk the layers expect it to be.

Round 2 Welsh Open

Bingtao v Brian Ochoiski

Went for the young Frenchman at 8/1 here to beat the new Chinese superstar.. An amateur who won his round one match easily against another amateur Paul Davison. He hasn't been having much luck regards results lately, but he did take Lisowski all the way in a best of 9 in the European Masters last September. Not a prolific breakbuilder, but I think 8/1 underrepresents his chances here... Have also done him at 6/4 (+2.5 frames)..

Will hope it's on TV, but with the Welshman Ryan day v Mark Davis, and Sunny(Sunni?) Akani v Lisowski due off at 5.30 also, I might have to settle for watching the scoreboard on this one.. Slessor v Tom Ford is on at the same time, but that match must surely be a poor fourth when it comes to TV table preference...

Just looking at the snooker.org website, it appears that the Bingtao and Lisowski matches are televised, but I'm wondering will I be able to watch Yan v Brian on the box, or will Eurosport , Quest , and the Red Button be all showing the same match; should Akani v Lisowski take preference,,

Best bet would be to check the bookies websites, you might get a stream. They've just put Carter v Hill on live, suppose it depends on what matches are on and when they finish.

• Advertisement

Just have a spoils' account Joe - I don't think they show snooker on it, but will check at the time ta, if there's another match live on TV.

Ah right, dunno bout boyles tbh. Yan v ochoiski will deffo be on betfair site anyway, they're streaming around 6 matches at a time. Pity world snooker doesnt offer a similar service.

Round 2 Welsh Open

Bingtao v Brian Ochoiski

Went for the young Frenchman at 8/1 here to beat the new Chinese superstar.. An amateur who won his round one match easily against another amateur Paul Davison. He hasn't been having much luck regards results lately, but he did take Lisowski all the way in a best of 9 in the European Masters last September. Not a prolific breakbuilder, but I think 8/1 underrepresents his chances here... Have also done him at 6/4 (+2.5 frames)..

Will hope it's on TV, but with the Welshman Ryan day v Mark Davis, and Sunny(Sunni?) Akani v Lisowski due off at 5.30 also, I might have to settle for watching the scoreboard on this one.. Slessor v Tom Ford is on at the same time, but that match must surely be a poor fourth when it comes to TV table preference...

Just looking at the snooker.org website, it appears that the Bingtao and Lisowski matches are televised, but I'm wondering will I be able to watch Yan v Brian on the box, or will Eurosport , Quest , and the Red Button be all showing the same match; should Akani v Lisowski take preference,,

No joy at all there.. A 4-0 demolition job by the Chinaman - Frenchy barely got a sniff of the tea that Yan took there :pac:

Higgins v Woollaston

5/2 Ben Woollaston win

Match due off now; but will be a while yet, as Trump match on now in early stages. Might be getting past John's bedtime :p, and if he's not out the blocks early; I'd give Ben a right good chance here..

^^

No joy there..

Another one of those tournaments, largely going to form. Last 32 and still 13 of top 16 left, and one of those was a w/o.

Hawkins v McGill looks a good contest. Hawk on a resurgent note lately, last 4 main event defeats, not including shootout, league etc, have been against judd, ronnie, selby, kyren. Often comes strong this time of season too.

Pang Junxu conqueror of Ding against O'Donnell, conqueror of ken. Junxu has beaten some good players this season, of interest at evens.

Normally swerve maguire but 1/2 to beat selt is ok.

Treble for interest pays just short of 5/1.

Pang finishes off with a ton to comfortably beat O 'Donnell. Plays maguire next, interesting to see what books make of it, think he might be good for another round.

Tour Championship QF (19)

Mark Selby v Kyren Wilson - Today 1.00pm , 7.00pm ITV4

In what looks a dour affair I've decided to take a novel approach here, and done the following:

Selby to lose the first frame and win the match 13/5
    Wilson to lose the first frame and win the match 4/1

Level stakes on both.

Should make it more entertaining, and depending how the first, or first few frames go, there might be scope to guarantee a profit. Selby's fav, but I couldn't pick the winner meself, and both have had a few wins recently in the best of 3 format; which I couldn't see on the telly. At least ITV4 are on hand, and thankfully they can do a good job on the snooker, with no real negatives from a presenting/punditry perspective; unlike the hames they made of the Prestbury Park showpiece..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Genghis

Tour Championship QF (19)

Mark Selby v Kyren Wilson - Today 1.00pm , 7.00pm ITV4

In what looks a dour affair I've decided to take a novel approach here, and done the following:

Selby to lose the first frame and win the match 13/5
    Wilson to lose the first frame and win the match 4/1

Level stakes on both.

Should make it more entertaining, and depending how the first, or first few frames go, there might be scope to guarantee a profit. Selby's fav, but I couldn't pick the winner meself, and both have had a few wins recently in the best of 3 format; which I couldn't see on the telly. At least ITV4 are on hand, and thankfully they can do a good job on the snooker, with no real negatives from a presenting/punditry perspective; unlike the hames they made of the Prestbury Park showpiece..

Good shout!

Tour Championship QF (19) 7.00pm ITV4 concluding session

Trump 3-5 Barry Hawkins

Took 6/5 on Bazza bet in running.. Seems a good price with a 2 frame cushion.

• Advertisement

World Championship 2021

Barry Hawkins 40/1 ew (1/2 1,2)

Having noticed Barry hawkins' break, where he leaves very little on from it; as well as he being a former finalist, I think Barry's a good enough bet . With the long format, and almost every player (aside from MJW :p perhaps) leaving a long red sticking out from the break, I think that his breakoff (granted - different tables/conditions, but I think he must have it solved :D) will be a massive bonus, come the longer format.. Only 3 weeks to go, so hopefully no one else will have figured out his method come the Sheffield extravaganza starting on April 17.

Tour Championship SF (19) Tomorrow ITV4 1.00pm , 7.00pm

Neil Robertson v Mark Selby.

Over 13.5 50+ breaks 11/8

With both these being 'tips on' , and it being very hard to separate them on the formbook, I think it could be a long one. In their respective QF victories against Lisowski and Wilson, they both had their 'scoring boots' on; so, in anticipation of this one going to the wire, I think we'll see plenty of high breaks in this battle of styles.

Tour Championship SF (19). Tomorrow ITV4 1.00pm , 7.00pm

Barry Hawkins V Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Going all out on Ronnie here

First four frames winner - Ronnie 11/10 (ie to be ahead after 4 frames)
    Over 12.5 50+ breaks 5/6 (Bazza can pitch in here :pac:)
    Ronnie to score a century in first 4 frames 11/10 (just 1 will do :)- don't need a century in each frame)
    Ronnie to score a century in first frame 6/1
    Ronnie (-4.5) 13/8
    Ronnie to win by 3-4 frames 14/5
    Ronnie to win 10-5 @ 13/2

Going level stakes

Have also had a bigger bet on Ronnie @ 6/4 to win comp outright.

^^^^

:D Embarrassing :pac:

Just for larks :p :

Tour Championship Final (19)

Tomorrow Sunday 28 March 1.00pm , 7.00pm ITV4

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robertson

He hasn't given his prediction yet; so for amusement, with a non-existent price, here is my selection from fence-sitter extraordinaire Crafty Ken:

Odds 1/3

"Be very close, could go down to the woire.. Oim going for ten-noine/ten-ate oyder way" :p

World Championship Qualifiers: (11)

Monday 5th April - Jimmy White v Hendry
    Jimmy (-2.5) 19/10

Tuesday 6th April - Ken v Lee Walker
    Lee Walker win 7/4

Done the double on these two, pays almost 7/1.

Think Jimmy should beat Hendry, and that Ken will be tired from all his expert punditry; although I've never seen Lee Walker play, I think he is a bitta value as I see he took Shaun Murphy all the way in a best of 11 last November, when just losing by a single frame.

Lee Walker - 124th on the average shot time list this season, and the 4 guys below him haven't played any matches! Yep, he's so slow he makes Peter Ebdon look quick. Ken not had a great season, but there were a few glimmers of form in the gibraltar, would be disappointed if he didnt win this, but did think he was short enough alright.

If hendry plays like he did against selt, i think Jimmy might be up against it there. Hard to judge from just one match, though. Hope i'm wrong but just have these visions of jimmy tipping his cap to old times and blowing it once again!

Probably wasting my money but liked 6/1 odds for total 6 centuries today. Both attacking players, both prolific on centuries, not much of other interest.

Genghis wrote: »
    Probably wasting my money but liked 6/1 odds for total 6 centuries today. Both attacking players, both prolific on centuries, not much of other interest.

Going very well for you. Very open and neither missing much. Hope it lands.

Going very well for you. Very open and neither missing much. Hope it lands.

Thanks Joe.

We are at 6 now, but the way the match is going I think there will be more to come.

• Advertisement

Genghis wrote: »
    Thanks Joe.

We are at 6 now, but the way the match is going I think there will be more to come.

Fair play. Could easy be on 8 already the way it's gone, one of the most open matches i've seen in ages. Neither playing any negative safety at all.

Advertisement