Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

identification - vole?

• 06-12-2020 4:10pm

Am I right in thinking this is a vole?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Yes, bank or field vole.
    We have one that visits the patio for seeds.

Thanks, first time ive seen one of these.
    Any idea which one it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Baby tribble?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,957 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

LOL

Google the two and compare measurements. One is smaller than the other, and colouring is slightly different.
    I don't know how big your hands are so can't be sure ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Oh, and don't feed it after midnight or get it wet.😀

Hmmm the cat brought in another one today.

This one, unfortunately, was dead but it gave me a chance to examine it properly.

Length 10cm, tail 2.5cm.

This would say field vole, rather than bank vole?

Problem is.... field voles are not supposed to be in Ireland...

Pic below. Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Buzzard101

Just wondering which county you're based in. Definitely look like field voles. Saw an article in 2012 reporting a small population in both east and west Antrim. Remain's were found in the pellet's of 2 pair's of short eared owl's. The 2 pair's of short eared owl's having record success in raising their young.

Advertisement