Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tommy and Hector Podcast

Options

Comments

Reati wrote: »
    I went right off him years ago, I was at a gig and he gave a few young lads in front row a hard time and imo like you said, went beyond banter. They told him where to go and they got ****ed out. The rest of the show was pretty tense after that and was a rush to the end.

That said, the Podcast can be very funny.

Can't believe they got f$%ked our for standing up.for themselves...bad form!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

A whole load of histrionics going on about the last episode.
    It was a poor-form podcast, that seems about it. It happens from time to time, there's not a single podcast I followed that didn't have a really **** episode here and there.
    People making this out to be an apocolypse level "this is the end" conspiracy about Laurita and her dynamic with the lads are baffling to me, especially ignoring the "Tommy as the miserable hypocrite contrarian" bit they've done with a good while now. It just went a bit to far as to be repetitive this time around.
    Unless something went seriously wrong (it didn't), it'll be back to form soon enough.
    Real nasty to see a single bad episode spiral into rumours of poor/malicious conduct in this thread on the back of "I didn't like what you said this time".

Quite the rebuttal from herself today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Funny that he blamed hector

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Cienciano wrote: »
    Funny that he blamed hector

I think there was a technical problem with the microphones in the studio whereby the voices were mixed incorrectly

I don’t understand how that happened but it seems to have been a technical issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Quite the rebuttal from herself today :D

She was like a weasel today

Sorolla wrote: »
    She was like a weasel today

I thought it was hilarious, it just kept coming. It was well said imho

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hay fever my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think sometimes they are a bit mean to Hector too. Some joking is fine but they go too far and for too long. Both Tommy and Laurita pile in on Hector sometimes and constantly interrupt him with stupid questions when he is telling a story. Which is so stupid because Hector is clearly the star of the show and most of the highlights have been from his stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Raoul wrote: »
    I think sometimes they are a bit mean to Hector too. Some joking is fine but they go too far and for too long. Both Tommy and Laurita pile in on Hector sometimes and constantly interrupt him with stupid questions when he is telling a story. Which is so stupid because Hector is clearly the star of the show and most of the highlights have been from his stories.

Tommy has a good way of telling a story even if it’s not as interesting. A few months ago he was talking about the stark contrast between the life of a drug addict and the feeling they get when taking heroine. An awful thing to think about but he painted such a strong picture. I think they both have their strong points to balance the show.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    I thought it was hilarious, it just kept coming. It was well said imho

Fairplay to Laurita, it needed to be said, Tommy was out of line!

Have to echo what some people said, Hector is some lad for telling stories. The one about Clive getting examined was a simple story brilliantly told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

No podcast this week due to Hector's brother passing away. RIP

https://twitter.com/tommyhectorshow/status/1410474987971125248

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I must say, Hector's tribute to poor Freddie at the start of the special episode had me in a flood of tears earlier. Wonderfully done. I wouldn't be able to hold myself at all.

I agree, huge respect and compassion for Hector, he has been through so much lately. May Freddie RIP. Hector is the star of the show, his stories are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shark7

Good show

Good show

Good show

The Dyson/Harvey Norman ad read this morning was a bit much. I’d rather they just stuck a regular ad break in than those fake shill bits.

Yeah, the show has gone to the dogs. Can't say I will be prioritising listening to it anymore. I have a few friends who are the same.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was wondering was it just me noticing a steady decline?

It seams to have lost its shape and become a rambling "bantz". That's a pity as it had promise if it could find some consistent form.

I find it a bit Irish (or RTE to be more specific) when an entertainment show is being rolled out and the line is given that..."it's a bit of music, a bit of fun, we'll meet all sorts of people and sure y'know yerself, it'll be a bit of crack". A Shapeless sh1t in other words. Grainne Seoige was pushing ads for her podcast with that sort of gloopy schtick.

Maybe they can get it back on track but to my ear it has lost its footing.

Has anyone signed up for the paid episode and find it worth it?

On a side note, I like Laurita and think she's good but now and again (or more often than not recently) she slips into playing a Mother Hen to the 2 lads and I find that a particularly awkward lazy trope. She's far better when mixing it with them and pitching in with her own stories rather than admonishing their behaviour and stories with an affected pious tut-tut.

was just thinking the same about the Harvey Dyson sponsored segment, they have quite a few sponsors onboard now, but it’s draining to listen to, and then the random “shout outs “ to some homesick lad in the desert, there is less of the actual chat on the podcast these days,

I agree the podcast has run its course, I have cancelled my subscription for the bonus episode, its not worth paying for it. The same aul crap, Tommy playing the "I'm too old to be arsed with anything" card and Laurita acts like a desperado trying to get in on the act and half of the time they ignore her!! Hector had a few good moments but I think they need to wrap it up now!

Yeah, they have really been ignoring Laurita of late. I think it really is the Hector show now. He is the only one worth listening to and even then the other two just seem to rip the piss out of him and interrupt what might be a good story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Told ya it was rubbish and got ripped for it.

I wouldn’t count it as a rip off at all up until now, and would be still willing to wait and see how it goes. Money well spent for what I’ve got from the extra ones so far for the most part.

Many more fake ad reads would soon change that opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I still love it, subscribe for the Monday episode too. It's ad free for subscribers, the ads were annoying. But the 2 lads still have great gift for storytelling. Mix and match well between good stories and humour. Laurita sole purpose is to get the piss taken though.

Tommy is Adam Buxton's guest on his latest episode.

I listened to tommy on Adam buxton. Probably not very 'funny' but interesting to hear about tommys mother and aunt, never knew that about them.

But Tommy was in his 'up his own arse' mode, Hector is great for keeping his feet on the ground. Needed a bit of that with Adam

• Advertisement

Very much so.

Occasionally a guest comes on a Pod and tries to turn the table on the interviewer. It's childish. Tommy tried it a few times with Adam. Rather than it becoming a clever twist it only went to show Tommy's arrogant and ignorant side.

However, that aside. I was stopped in my tracks when Tommy described the years leading up to his mother's death. For years she had moon walked away from them. Moon walked 15 miles up into a forested mountain. A flare goes up when they die.

Beguiling moment.

Advertisement