Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil VIIIage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Skerries wrote: »
    The RE Revelations games were waaay better than Resi 5 and 6 imo

Yea they were pretty good, considering handheld/budget origin. I would rank them as

RER1
    RE5
    RER2

Contracting Ebola

RE6

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

The Revelation games where pretty average fair. Nothing too bad in them, just quickly forgettable.

Azza wrote: »
    The Revelation games where pretty average fair. Nothing too bad in them, just quickly forgettable.

The first one was the first legitimately horror-based RE since RE0 10 years before it. The story was actually decent as well, I rate it quite highly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

REV1 is cool but the hardware it was made for lets it down. Very strange to control.

I REALLY enjoyed REV2. Way more than I thought I would.

Rob2D wrote: »
    REV1 is cool but the hardware it was made for lets it down. Very strange to control.

I REALLY enjoyed REV2. Way more than I thought I would.

I actually played it on the Switch for the first time, which I think is the perfect platform for it. You can still play it handheld as was always intended and looks and runs great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FGR

I have to agree here. Although the gameplay was good the storyline was dreadful. Made up floating city-states and organisations to deal with bio terror just pushed it too far for me.

This isn't taking away from the fact that Raccoon City was also a made up city..

It's bad enough when they use a made up town or city - but it really bugs me that the makers are nearly afraid to use a real country for a setting. It's what bugged me about RE: Damnation movie as well.

FGR wrote: »
    I have to agree here. Although the gameplay was good the storyline was dreadful. Made up floating city-states and organisations to deal with bio terror just pushed it too far for me.

This isn't taking away from the fact that Raccoon City was also a made up city..

It's bad enough when they use a made up town or city - but it really bugs me that the makers are nearly afraid to use a real country for a setting. It's what bugged me about RE: Damnation movie as well.

Blame RE6 for this.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Leave RE6 alone, the PC version had some great bikini mods for Ada!

Leave RE6 alone, the PC version had some great bikini mods for Ada!

If someone found the chemical formula of the cure for C19 written on a wall in one of the labs in RE6, that game would still be one of humanity's greatest ever crimes.

The fact that I am only kinda joking should effectively convey just how much I hate that game.

• Advertisement

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    There are a few tidbits doing the rounds after a Famitsu interview with the lead designers. Some RE superfan on Twitter translated the Q&A

CVX Freak is a decent guy, his info is reliable and he actually works with Digital Foundry sometimes too.

CVX Freak been around for a LONG time. He started off writing guides on gamefaqs years ago.

Another good one to follow is:

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Rob2D wrote: »
    CVX Freak been around for a LONG time. He started off writing guides on gamefaqs years ago.

Another good one to follow is:

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Yeah, he had all the Village info early doors. Seems like he has good contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Apparently this started off as revelations 3

daheadonu wrote: »
    Apparently this started off as revelations 3

Yeah that's right.

Meant to write more after that...was gonna say I wonder how much of revs 3 story is staying in and being repurposed for 8

Meant to write more after that...was gonna say I wonder how much of revs 3 story is staying in and being repurposed for 8

Just guessing but I would say it was the setting and enemies that they retained from Rev3. If it was working out well they probably decided to put Ethan/Mia/Chris in there instead of the original characters.

Dusk Golem is saying Village will be the longest RE Engine game to date. I hope ta fuck it isn't bloat for the sake of it, after complaints about the RE3 remake.

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1293601609260228614?s=20

Dusk Golem is saying Village will be the longest RE Engine game to date. I hope ta fuck it isn't bloat for the sake of it, after complaints about the RE3 remake.

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1293601609260228614?s=20

Longer than RE6? Not sure that is a good idea. That game was about 25 hours, although it was so awful it felt like it took 3 times that.

Edit: oh wait, RE engine. Ok that's cool. RE7 felt like the perfect length so hopefully they don't load it with bloat. I will leave my original as is cos I will take any opportunity to slag off RE6.

• Advertisement

Some of the imagery, like the markers on the graves e.g., really remind me of RE4. I wonder if they're linked in terms of story.

That lil clip at the end is the merchant from re4 no doubt about it

Now that I look at it again I guess he looks nothing like him actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

That lil clip at the end is the merchant from re4 no doubt about it

Now that I look at it again I guess he looks nothing like him actually...

So some doubt about it? :P

Apparently Capcom are devoting two hours of their time at TGS to this. Can't wait!

http://www.gamefront.de/

Apparently Capcom are devoting two hours of their time at TGS to this. Can't wait!

http://www.gamefront.de/

I don't want them to show too much

Markitron wrote: »
    I don't want them to show too much

Yeah, that's a fair point. I think the two hours will include some round table, panel type discussions and the like, but still...

Yeah, that's a fair point. I think the two hours will include some round table, panel type discussions and the like, but still...

I am not expecting them to, but would be nice if they could announce some VR details

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Longer Resident evil games isnt a bad thing as they're notoriously short and i always want more by the time im finished them, i havent played RE6 for obvious reasons, but id welcome a long RE game, as long as its not padding or backtracking constantly to extend game life as then its just lame :mad::pac:

nix wrote: »
    Longer Resident evil games isnt a bad thing as they're notoriously short and i always want more by the time im finished them, i havent played RE6 for obvious reasons, but id welcome a long RE game, as long as its not padding or backtracking constantly to extend game life as then its just lame :mad::pac:

RE4 was the perfect length IMO, that 15-20 Hr sweet spot would be nice.

• Advertisement

Nothing majorly new/interesting in this. I didn't watch the full presentation earlier, so there might be some new info later, once someone translates the good stuff!

Advertisement