Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Home Sanitising

• 19-03-2020 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I have some Hypochlorite which I previously bought in the CoOp to clean a footpath.

For sanitising pipe work (farmers milk parlour) the label gives a ratio
    145mls in 45L. of water.

Would the same ratio be effective for home surfaces sanitising.

Given; all safety precautions adhered to... ppe etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

DI Dwyer wrote: »
    I have some Hypochlorite which I previously bought in the CoOp to clean a footpath.

For sanitising pipe work (farmers milk parlour) the label gives a ratio
    145mls in 45L. of water.

Would the same ratio be effective for home surface sanitising.

Given; all safety precautions adhered to... ppe etc.

Might bleach surfaces ,paintwork etc

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DI Dwyer

Thanks. But that doesn't answer my question.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Bearing in mind, that milking parlour pipes are pretty clean to start with, you'd need to be sure the surfaces were clean. The other thing to check is what the santiser is designed to kill/inactivate at that concentration and contact time. And also be conscious that other cleaners it may come in contact w/ (eg oven cleaner w/ amonia in it will react to for chorline gas with hypochlorite)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DI Dwyer

Tree wrote: »
    Bearing in mind, that milking parlour pipes are pretty clean to start with, you'd need to be sure the surfaces were clean. The other thing to check is what the santiser is designed to kill/inactivate at that concentration and contact time. And also be conscious that other cleaners it may come in contact w/ (eg oven cleaner w/ amonia in it will react to for chorline gas with hypochlorite)

Ok.... Maybe I'll just finish cleaning the path.

Advertisement