Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beko fridge

• 23-07-2019 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all, I got a beko fridge about 6 weeks ago. Worked perfect for about 3 weeks then thermostat went faulty. I am waiting 3 weeks for someone to come out and fix it. A man came 2 weeks ago only stayed 1 min and said faulty thermostat and had to order 1 in. Still no word. Rang main company but kept putting me off. Also previous beko brand fridge last 14 months just enough for run out of warranty. Just said I'd put this out there for people wondering about beko fridges.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Passataudi wrote: »
    Hi all, I got a beko fridge about 6 weeks ago. Worked perfect for about 3 weeks then thermostat went faulty. I am waiting 3 weeks for someone to come out and fix it. A man came 2 weeks ago only stayed 1 min and said faulty thermostat and had to order 1 in. Still no word. Rang main company but kept putting me off. Also previous beko brand fridge last 14 months just enough for run out of warranty. Just said I'd put this out there for people wondering about beko fridges.

I've found them to be quite good, also support sent out a new drawer that broke. Very surprised with your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

if the stat is faulty it will either not cut in at all or run and overfreeze everything, if it runs and does not keep the food cold enough I would suspect that it has a refrigerant leak, the people you need to talk stiff to is where you bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Passataudi

Thermostat gone again

Thermostat gone again

is that fridge is in a back kitchen with no heat as this can have an effect on the stat

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

is that fridge is in a back kitchen with no heat as this can have an effect on the stat

this if you have it somewhere cold it wont work outside its operating temperature.

had this problem in the cold winters of 2010.
    pointed a fan hearter at the back and it started working again.

if its in a normal temp kitchen -ignore :D

• Advertisement

this if you have it somewhere cold it wont work outside its operating temperature.

had this problem in the cold winters of 2010.
    pointed a fan hearter at the back and it started working again.

if its in a normal temp kitchen -ignore :D

It's in a room temp about 15 to 20 degree I have a thermometer left inside fridge and goes from minus 10 to plus 10

So engineer came today and said compressor is or out of gas. Sending me replacement in new year

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah sure at least you wouldn’t be using a fridge in the coming week anyway.

That's true 😠I've a mini fridge just to store milk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

There is a minimum 2 year warranty under EU law, although you may have to provide a report on the issue after 6 months. There is also a requirement to repair / replace / refund without causing 'inconvenience' to the purchaser. If I were you I'd be getting onto the retailer about swapping it out.

• Advertisement

I would be better off talking to a stone wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

There is a minimum 2 year warranty under EU law, although you may have to provide a report on the issue after 6 months. There is also a requirement to repair / replace / refund without causing 'inconvenience' to the purchaser. If I were you I'd be getting onto the retailer about swapping it out.

The EU 2 year law does not apply in Ireland.

Legislation here is actually stronger, but you have to show that it was a fault with the item and the fault was an issue with manufacture

I would be better off talking to a stone wall.

Have a chat with the District Court using the small claims procedure, assuming this is a fridge under €2,000.

Darc19 wrote: »
    The EU 2 year law does not apply in Ireland.

Legislation here is actually stronger, but you have to show that it was a fault with the item and the fault was an issue with manufacture

Long proponent of that position myself until I was corrected in Legal Discussions. The 2 year warranty period does apply in Ireland under indirect effect of EU directives and a duty for Irish law to be interpreted inline with EU law. It's a stronger position than Irish law that simply states something must last for a 'reasonable' amount of time. The 6 years people quote is a limitation on the course of action not a warranty period.

Regardless 14 months - the OP shouldn't have had to buy a new one.

Edit Sorry did not address your second line - that requirement actually comes from the directive that gives a 2 year warranty. Within the first 6 months the onus is on the retailer to show the fault wasn't there at time of manufacture. Hoping they might just have squeaked in under the six months here when they reported the most recent fault.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Go back to the retailer with the service number and there should be no issue on changing it. The retailer would need the service reference when returning it to Beko for credit their end.

It might be more awkward now though if you've agreed for Beko to send you a replacement directly, thus bypassing the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Duffmiester

i bought Beko CFG1552S fridge freezer in Sept 2016.
    I placed it in shed mancave, always above 5C, the model copes with temp down to -15C. Usual temp is 10+.

In July 2017 i noticed the icecreams were melting.
    Thought at first the door had been left open. But no, the freezer stopped working.
    Phew it was within 1year and 2year, i called Beko, Aug 2017.
    Made me wait about 2-3 weeks for some electrical part, like thermostat. I escalated, they eventually replaced with new fridge Sept 2017.

All has been going fine, till today i notice all icecreams melting again.
    No build up of ice and clear ventilation around fridge.
    Will be watching closely to see if was a temporary glitch.

THing is, no other fridge for under 300 works in shed.
    Otherwise 500, but Im considering BEKO are too crappy, cant stand something that is a ticking timebomb to breaking.

Mind you i've a BEKO Dishwasher since Feb 2018, fine.
    And a tumbledryer since Nov 2019, also fine.

It is most likely to be a thermostat again, a k59 stat will run it which you may be able to get from your electric shop, try placing a bowl of boiling water in the fridge section first to see if it cuts in

Advertisement