Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Ray just literally reads out emails....he's an expensive email reader

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Nothing like listening to lads doing one handed handstands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Nothing like listening to lads doing one handed handstands.

They would drive you to drink and a big steak!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

So, are ye worth gazillions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭goochy

whats Ray doing bringing a 12 yr old into Victoria secrets ? are the clothes for kids or adults ?

Ray says hes comfortable in himself but was embarrassed - bit of a contradiction ?
    i would say hes not at all comfortable in himself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

goochy wrote: »
    whats Ray doing bringing a 12 yr old into Victoria secrets ? are the clothes for kids or adults ?

kind've half listening but he was buying his daughter a hoody and they had to get through a lingerie dept to get to the kids clothes

Ray will not leave it go that Jimmy White had drink and drug problems,has to make it the main topic of their conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

On the balance of odds, I'd be pretty sure it WAS D'arcy that ballsd it up.

Of course he is up front with the pre-emptive "It was whatever they gave me that I played, it's not my fault, and the Jack Nicholson guy was not my fault either".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Good interview with the guy from Operation Transformation.

it still seems strange victoria secrets selling kids clothes - someone just text in that if jenny went in to the shop with daughter - she might buy something ' for him ' - ray of course embarrassed -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

His mate G.Ryan was a great advocate of Agent Provocateur. Never shut up about the racing gear.
    Ray talking shîťé about being comfortable in his own shin in VS. As for bringing a 12yo in to buy a hoodie !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Jimmy White & Ken Doherty we’re good guests today. I cringed when Ray read out a text from a son of a man that used to play with Ken. Ken acknowledged man and then Ray said something like he died yesterday. Just so blasé

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

RIP Arthur Murphy.

honeybear wrote: »
    Jimmy White & Ken Doherty we’re good guests today. I cringed when Ray read out a text from a son of a man that used to play with Ken. Ken acknowledged man and then Ray said something like he died yesterday. Just so blasé

yep, that was unreal the way he broke the news to Ken. You'd imagine that's the kind of thing you'd tell him over a break and whether it was ok to mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

sligojoek wrote: »
    RIP Arthur Murphy.

Sad to hear. Always came across as a nice man.
    RIP

RIP Arthur Murphy.

Farcy making a bollix of reading the Wikipedia article on him.

The other button ya Muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

jay0109 wrote: »
    Sad to hear. Always came across as a nice man.
    RIP

RIP. Had a great radio voice. I used to love mailbag back in the day. Always seemed a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

RIP Arthur Murphy.

RIP- will be missed in the Trocadero

Heckler wrote: »
    RIP. Had a great radio voice. I used to love mailbag back in the day. Always seemed a gent.

I liked him on Ray's show on Today FM also - always a bit of craic with him

• Advertisement

What's with Ray's obsession with age, I listen to a lot of radio and he's the only presenter that seems to always ask people's age.

He's now asking Deirdre O'Kane

always had a thing for Deidre and shes funny ( for a woman !) - when she moaned on DWTS about females being marked harder i went off her a bit but love the quick reply to Ray when he said ' its hard not to be funny in 8 mins ' - ' well you wont be on my bill ' - she said

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Who is this wan anyone know? D4 accent

Talking about a house:rolleyes:

vicwatson wrote: »
    Who is this wan anyone know? D4 accent

Talking about a house:rolleyes:

Some nobody who wrote in last week about how hard she found it when the family home was sold,brought some items from the house into the studio as well,don't know why.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

always had a thing for Deidre and shes funny ( for a woman !) - when she moaned on DWTS about females being marked harder i went off her a bit but love the quick reply to Ray when he said ' its hard not to be funny in 8 mins ' - ' well you wont be on my bill ' - she said

What is her age?

50 - MILF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Nice bit of ego stroking between Eamon & Ray :)

always had a thing for Deidre and shes funny ( for a woman !) - when she moaned on DWTS about females being marked harder i went off her a bit
    Jesus. Was this supposed to amuse? Lay off the mysoginy a bit. I'm beginning to think she had a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

It was funny how Ray got a letter telling him to play music for the older people listening to his show (80+)

It's must be great to play music from any era you want to on your radio show.

Anton Savage walked out the door when Today FM tried to change his play list, he done the right thing.

• Advertisement

sorry i just dont think women are naturally funny !

Advertisement