Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Woman's World Cup (London)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Not sure what the general conversion rate from penalty corners is but I’d guess they might have expected to score 1 out of the 3, or hoped to anyway. Otherwise all fairly positive so far I would think.

I was reading that Ireland failed to produce a single penalty corner against India so you can already see this is a huge step up in performance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Irl the better team in the first half, we will need to maintain the effort and concentration, keep the pressure on the Spanish. The right side is being rightly targeted by Irl.
    4-0 on penalty corners, the pressure will hopefully lead to a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Bit of a storm to be weathered here perhaps.

A shaky three or four minutes there....Ireland need to be careful and disciplined

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sloppy play leads to the goal, preventable!

• Advertisement

It was coming.....Irish play was loose and sloppy and kept giving away possession

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Sloppy play leads to the goal, preventable!

Not just the goal itself, overall Irish play for the previous few minutes was loose and scrappy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Just seemed to lose all their rhythm and fluency, under extreme pressure it has to be said. Just need to lift it for a grandstand finish, empty the tank, leave nothing out there!

Both teams going for it, looks like neither want a shoot out

Last 10 will surely see both teams cough up chances as they both go for it.

• Advertisement

One good sign is this is a much improved Irish quarter on Q3

Spain down to 10 should help us put the pressure on till the end.

Big call for the penalty corner!

Cleared off the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

where can I watch this.??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Penalty corner, this is huge

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

My heart can't handle this

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

washman3 wrote: »

RTE

We have the better keeper, with a bit of luck the one on ones will go well.

washman3 wrote: »

RTE2 and www.rte.ie/live

Good start!

• Advertisement

Super keeper !

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

that South African video ref is seeing it all Irelands way.

Nerve wracking!

That Irish keeper is going to win it for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

This sport has a weird way of taking penalties.:eek: It's a wonder anyone ever scores if the goalie is any way competent...

1-1 three penalties taken. I'm not a hockey expert but Christ this is tense stuff.

Time was up, no goal, unreal!

We need this to go in

And it does!

Doubt ya Watkins !

• Advertisement

A packie Bonnar moment for the Irish women's hockey team.

Advertisement