Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ziggler could do with losing and leaving the WWE for a year or so and go off to Japan and Mexico for a bit and then come back with a totally new look and gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Ziggler could do with losing and leaving the WWE for a year or so and go off to Japan and Mexico for a bit and then come back with a totally new look and gimmick.

I think this would be good. I'd like to see more WWE wrestlers do it. Also his body would be getting a bit of a break from the tough WWE touring schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dont think he can reinvent himself tbh he will always be Dolph Ziggler

SD is losing a lot of talent either true hiatus's or contracts expiring :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jesus what were they thinking with the Scooby Doo segments with Wyatt and Orton. Find Wyatt's character to be a load a s**t so I tend to avoid him like the plague,
    Made sense to have Cena stand tall at the end, he lost to Ambrose (a match which remarkably meant nothing) and Styles at SummerSlam so its confusing why he was put in it other than equaling Ric's record which means he can request a title match any time if that is the merit.
    Ziggler and Miz was outstanding best segment on WWE TV in a long time. Miz's dad returning, a well made video(a rarity these days), the delivery from Dolph to put his career on the line was excellent(sorry Pollock but it was). Like the fact on Smackdown the Women and Tag Teams all have something that is different and their own. However the mid card remains barren (pun intended). I'm hoping Miz moves up but there ain't much there outside of him and Dolph.
    Crews, Kalisto, Corbin, backwards baseball cap Swagger, Kane and Hawkins are not achieving much.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

smackdown-live-banner.jpg

Preview for the go home show before No Mercy

What will happen when Cena, Styles and Ambrose come face-to-face-to-face?

Who will lose the mind games between Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton?

Who's the hottest competitor in the Women’s division?

Is Ziggler his own worst enemy?

Can anyone stop the aggression of The Usos?

• Advertisement

Todd Philips looks like a mix between Shane Long and Robbie Brady lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Moz v Dolph turned out well booked. Wasn't expecting to see Kenny!

Main event was also built very well. Three lads creating a situation where they all dislike/hate each other was done very well. Especially to get the two face wrestlers showing they don't like each other. The match feels like it really matters to everyone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM_7 wrote: »
    Moz v Dolph turned out well booked. Wasn't expecting to see Kenny!

Main event was also built very well. Three lads creating a situation where they all dislike/hate each other was done very well. Especially to get the two face wrestlers showing they don't like each other. The match feels like it really matters to everyone.

I bolded the bit that I believe is the distinction between Raw and Smackdown. Smackdown has everyone acting as if matches are life and death. Raw has everyone more concerned with personal problems than the matches.

Some missteps this week, mainly Bray's booking. But I got Kenny Dykstra back on TV in 2016, so I can die happy now :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah of that was Raw they probably would have had a filler episode as the big matches were already well built but they were all added to on that show from The Dolphumentary with special Spirit squad guests, to Alexa getting to pin Becky (who is 100% retaining) and then the 3 lads in the main event going at it, Hell they even added a little bit to the tag story.

That said I would probably give this week to Raw slightly. But the fact that it is only slightly when they had a huge title changing main event shows how the two shows are doing and how SD especially at 2hrs is just a much easier watch atm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Oh Aiden English will you ever stop jobbing to people with a fraction of your talent... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What world are we living in where the women main event Raw, including a title change and then a woman gets a huge pop running to the ring on Smackdown? Times have changed. Good to see.

Liked the Dolph/Miza bit. Though Miz kept using "If" and "May". Surely he should have been confident enough to definitively say it will be Dolph's last time to appear on Smackdown Live

Ziggler vs Spirit Squad confirmed for tonight :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If Hawkins can get back in with WWE then I guess Ken and Mondo can. I wonder if WWE thought of them when headbangers were brought in.

Where is Bob holly nowadays ?? Himself and Steve Blackman should be brought back

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Where is Bob holly nowadays ?? Himself and Steve Blackman should be brought back

Holly is working some of Dreamers House of Hardcore shows I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will Hawkins actually wrestle tonight or will he do an Eva Marie and somehow avoid it, after his in ring return at No Mercy?

Daniel Ziggler lol first mistake by Mauro on commentary, almost said it again just before the break

"Oh my God he killed Kenny!"

Brilliant.

The survivor series challenge is put down by SD

5x SD divas vs 5x Raw divas elimination match
    5x SD superstars vs 5x Raw superstars elimination match
    5x SD tag teams vs 5x Raw tag teams elimination match

OOOooooohhh.... Ellsworth very lucky there - he tucked his chin on the Styles Clash. That could have been snapsville for his neck.

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    OOOooooohhh.... Ellsworth very lucky there - he tucked his chin on the Styles Clash. That could have been snapsville for his neck.

Quite a funny match/segment but could of been very dark in an instant if that styles clash went wrong

I guess Ambrose is not going on hiatus then ?

Loved the Styles/Ambrose/Elsworth segment. Announced on Talking Smack that
    Elsworth gets a Title match next week against AJ too, so AJ can kill him and get his revenge and heat.
    . But damn, that Styles clash had me cringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Just saw the Styles clash on YouTube there, straight away I cringed and came on here to see if anyone else noticed it. Could have been nasty alright. I like Ellsworth though, he came across great on Talk is Jericho so would like to see him from time to time when the occasion calls for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just saw that Styles Clash, AJ has got a lot of stick for the move ob here before, but he handled that situation like a pro. He should be commended for saving the career and life of Ellsworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Neil3030 wrote: »

But does he have a chin??

f5kus6Y.png

Years of training telling you to tuck your chin so it comes naturally it must be hard not do it then for that one move where you really don't tuck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

https://twitter.com/Uncensored_WWE/status/786177029632888832

AJ reacted so quickly, James could have ended up paralyzed or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Just one more reason to call him phenomenal

Ziggler didn't get the memo not to call it the WWE Universe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Ellsworth is quite similar to Blue Pants. Where they might bring him back every now and again as a jobber.

Advertisement