Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

J. Marston wrote: »

A N7 day that actually has a point.

EA/Bioware been pushing that for years longer than they should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Has to be, even if not, that should be a great listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

After seeing the Demon Souls footage I will inevitably disappointed by the looks despite knowing it is only a remaster and not a remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Must not get excited.... must not get excited! I'm excited...

They'll basically have me buying a Series X if they make it a MS exclusive though. And I think they know that.

• Advertisement

Must not get excited.... must not get excited! I'm excited...

They'll basically have me buying a Series X if they make it a MS exclusive though. And I think they know that.

Has there been mention it might be ms exclusive?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Has there been mention it might be ms exclusive?

I have no idea. Sorry, I had a brain fart when posting that thinking MS still had the rights to ME, but I think it's still only the first one, which could be an issue maybe. But I stand by my statement, if it's a MS exclusive, it would make me buy a XSX.

Ah jaysus, gave me a fright there :D If The original trilogy was on all platforms, i imagine the next gen one will be as well. N7 day on Saturday so this is their big chance for an announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Oh yeah, the original Mass Effect was exclusive to xbox for like 5 years, forgot about that!
    Doubt it'd have any effect on a remaster though :)

Already planning my squads for ME2.

Jacob isn't invited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have this on pc so if all it is is up rezzed with some higher quality textures I'll pass.

What are the chances EA actually managed to keep a full proper next gen remaster of the trilogy a secret, and all will be revealed at the weekend?

Link to the podcast stream for Saturday night.

As posted by Hoggie in ps4 thread. Jeff said he wouldn't post anymore ME stuff until Bioware made an announcement so it's looking fairly good for tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1324760526673489920?s=19

Please don't be a shítty bare bones remaster like Dark Souls. Please.

I'd honestly take some shinier graphics and smoother fps if it actually includes all the dlc. Anything else will be a bonus for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Please don't be a shítty bare bones remaster like Dark Souls. Please.

If it includes the 3 games and all the DLC I don't expect them to do much else. I'd really appreciate a way it could run at 60fps on next gen systems, but this is EA afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Please don't be a shítty bare bones remaster.

It’s EA so it more than likely will be. I’ll take a straight port at this stage, just wanna play these games again :D never played any of the DLC either before so hopefully they’ll be included.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'll probably just be the pc verison with the graphical mods. I'd love all three games in the ME3 engine, but i doubt we'll get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mass Effect 2is one of my favourite games ever. I kinda would love to go through all three again, but then I remember the endless planet driving in ME1 and that horrible hover hovercraft thing.

• Advertisement

ME1 is the big one. Do they update that to bring in line with 2 and 3 and risk annoying the people who liked the original gameplay or leave as is. The rumour that this was supposed to be released in October but pushed to Q1 21 because they aren't happy enough with ME1 yet is interesting. Does that mean they did try update it and it's not quite working or they left as is but worried if people don't like it, they'll never make it to 2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I need played a Mass Effect game before. Maybe it is about time that I should start playing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

You're in for a treat. Loved this trilogy. Remaster will be instabuy for me.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    ME1 is the big one. Do they update that to bring in line with 2 and 3 and risk annoying the people who liked the original gameplay or leave as is. The rumour that this was supposed to be released in October but pushed to Q1 21 because they aren't happy enough with ME1 yet is interesting. Does that mean they did try update it and it's not quite working or they left as is but worried if people don't like it, they'll never make it to 2 and 3.

They really should update it. Nevermind the purists. I played ME1 after ME2 and God, it was a chore to get through.

They really should update it. Nevermind the purists. I played ME1 after ME2 and God, it was a chore to get through.

The story was so good it deserves and upgrade as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/ChaosMolefx/status/1325097673993695233

Article has been taken down, but:

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition - Better Res, Framerate, Textures

New Mass Effect in development

More or less than bare minimum then. Still excited to go through it all again though.

https://twitter.com/bioware/status/1325105787174182912?s=19

Edit: I'm so happy lads, can't ****ing wait.

"Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not surprise it'll only be graphical changes (though i guess that;s not confirmed). Will still happily play through it all again, though not sure i'd be buying it. Might just play through the versions i already own with some mods.

Wonder if they'll try to make a "canon" ending though, as i would assume the new game will be in our galaxy (rather then Andromeda).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bioware just announced it, Spring 2021

Advertisement