Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Book of Mormon...the musical

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,769 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Haven't heard otherwise, we've got a rescheduled date in early November....

• These dates don't suit me at all. Anybody know a decent reseller website? Have two tickets for NOV 12th, Fri 19:30

edit: found a buyer. apologies for advertising

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

No official word yet. I have messaged their Facebook page. I suppose we will find out next Wednesday if that show goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,769 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Went to this tonight, and all I can say is - if you haven't seen it before, you're in for a treat.

Brilliant, bonkers!!

Maybe don't bring your Mammy though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Just out of this afternoon's performance. Sides are sore from laughing. Some great musical numbers too. Definitely not for the easily offended. I LOVED it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 allio

Show tonight. Epic. All the best bits of early southpark. The movie. And elements of team america. You'll definitely recognise some of the characters. Rolled up into an irreverential sendup of white missionarism in Africa. Not for the faint of heart. Get a few beers in before. Sing your favourite southpark and team america songs on the way in to get yourself warmed up and in the humour. Then laugh your bollocks off. 🤣

Meh, only Ok I thought. The people with me thought it was only ok.

The 2 beside us left at the interval, 4 people two rows behind us left at the interval.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Saw it in London 5/6 years ago. Had a great night. Maybe the production here isn't as good!?

Haven't seen this, but I hope it captures the hilarious weirdness of some Mormons' values as they try to make their way through the 21st cebntury. I dated a Mormon for quite a while.. she worked in a strip club, but would come back in the evening off her face and say "I was good today ... I didn't touch a drop of coffee."

Another Mormon I was pals with received a dishonorable discharge from the US Army for going AWOL to watch a dead kennedys gig. :D

Mormons are a hoot.

Ah no, if say the production was 100%, it just wasn't my thing.

And I am a South park fan, just wasnt for me. Wouldn't put anyone else off seeing it, not at all!

• Advertisement
Advertisement