Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

Hi,

I havent played camogie since school Im now in my 20's. Is there any team someone could recommend to join near Ashtown area or Phoenix Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

hug0 wrote: »
    Hi,

I havent played camogie since school Im now in my 20's. Is there any team someone could recommend to join near Ashtown area or Phoenix Park?

St Oliver Plunkett Eoghan Ruadh and St Brigids are both based around there (both just off the Navan Road) and both have camogie teams. You should find contact details etc on their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Geraldines P Morans based beside Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt

U8
    U9
    U10
    U12
    U14
    U16
    MINOR
    SENIOR

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Hey,
    Want to get involved in GAA Ladies football, I'm 19 and living close to Brigids Club. Any one any Idea who to contact or how to go about doing it?! do I just turn up or what?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Is it too late to join a club at this stage, I know the season started around Feb. I'm based in north Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

Hi, Im a student in DIT and im living in drumcondra from September.Im looking to join a club which will be training over the next couple of months can somebody suggest me a club and to whom i should contact!Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

I'm thinking about going back playing gaelic football next season, having not played since I was about 14 (I'm pushing 26 now).

I'm currently living in Dundrum. Just wondering what club would be the best fit for me, giving I will be operating at an extremely low level. I reckon ballinteer st johns and naomh olaf's would be my closest clubs, although Ranelagh Gaels might be more suitable in terms of standards and acceptance of the incompetent, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

can someone tell me whens the best time to contact a gaa club in south dublin to join up? the season well underway so i persume its too late for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

omega666 wrote: »
    can someone tell me whens the best time to contact a gaa club in south dublin to join up? the season well underway so i persume its too late for this year?

The season is pretty much over. Unless teams are in championship finals they will be finished for the year.

Usually goo to get in contact in early Jan as most teams start back anywhere from mid - late January.

Where are you located? Also is it hurling/football or both you're interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

Peace wrote: »
    The season is pretty much over. Unless teams are in championship finals they will be finished for the year.

Usually goo to get in contact in early Jan as most teams start back anywhere from mid - late January.

Where are you located? Also is it hurling/football or both you're interested in?

thanks, im in sandyford, it would be football im interested in, i havent played since primary school so the lowest grade possible to start off with! I was thinking balinteer st johns would be a good choice? thier website say they have a junior c team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Im looking for a club in carlow to train with does any1 know if anywhere if there is anywhere i assume pre season starts after winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hey lads,

Looking to train with a football club in Cork from next week on - had a few bad injuries towards the end of my time in college and went into a job with hours that meant I couldn't play much so looking to get back into it asap now I've landed a 9-5 job!

Living in Mahon atm - any help greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 daltonj7

wixfjord wrote: »
    Hi lads, living on North King St in Dublin city centre, just wondering does anyone know of any junior hurling clubs nearby or accessible by public transport in this area. The above Red Stars would be perfect, but just too far out for me.
    Cheers

are u still looking to play hurling? i play for st. oliver plunketts eoghan ruadh on the navan road not too far from you. u cud get the 37/38/39/70 bus up to training and sometimes we train and lay matched in the phoenix park.

the season is over now but well begin again afetr xmas. are you any good? have you been out of the game from a long time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Gael85

Club Name:St James Gaels
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Football
    Level played:Junior A,Junior C,Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
    Contact detail
    stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels have commenced pre season training this Wednesday (13TH Oct) for next season and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club. We have 2 adult men teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 77,77a,50,150,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities and floodlite pitch.

We are only training on Wednesday until December,taking a break for a couple weeks then starting back the first week in January training every monday and wednesday night in Iveagh Grounds at 7.30pm,all welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Barryodon

Want to get involved in a Dublin GAA club

Advertisement

Living in Dublin or about to move to Dublin and looking to get fit or get involved in a GAA club? Then look no further, Park Rangers GAA club are based in the Phoenix park, the club is exclusively made up of country lads living in Dublin. We gained promotion last season to Division 8 of the Adult Football league and we are currently looking for new players for the coming season to participate in our preseason training and to play with us for the coming season. The club is a great way to meet new people in Dublin and we have a very active social scene, the highlight of the coming seasons will be our trip to the Hague to participate in a 7 a side tournament (based upon our experience last year we would need a panel of 40 just to get 7 players on the pitch!). We take the league and championship very seriously however, and the preseason training will be taken by a fitness instructor over an 8 week period. Essentially we are looking for players and volunteers who may no longer play, but wish to get involved. Don't worry about fitness or the standard of football previously played, there is a place for everyone in our club. Two reasons why you should drop us a line, 1st the craic is unreal and 2nd its cheaper than going a gym!! To register your interest or for further information on our club such as preseason training and social events for 2011 please email your interest to secretary.parkrangers.dublin@gaa.ie

Peace wrote: »
    Club Name: Ranelagh Gaels
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Hurling
    Level played: Junior F
    Contact details: ranelaghgaels.hurling@gmail.com
    Any other info: Ranelagh Gaels are putting together a new team and have entered into the Junior F championship. There are a number of players who are just starting in hurling or have played hurling at under age level and are now coming back to it some years later. If you're in anyway interested then it would be worth a lash!

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the repost but a lot of the info above is out of date now. The club didn't form under the name Ranelagh Gaels and instead formed a new independant club. See details below.

Club Name: Realt Dearg
    Location: Training in Bushy Park on Mon/Wed/Sun Click for website & map
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Hurling
    Level played: Junior F
    Contact details: realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com
    Any other info: Realt Dearg formed a hurling team last year from scratch. We train in Bushy Park 3 times a week. We have players from Clare, Limerick, Tipp, Kilkenny, Carlow, Waterford, Wexford, Dublin, Cork , Laois , Meath, Cavan, France, Germany and Canada. Most training sessions are a mix of fitness with the ball, first touch drills and then usually finish with a training match.

Training will restart in late January in time to prepare for the cup matches (usually mid - late Feb).

Players who want to train only are more than welcome as the more players we have the better craic there is. There are a lot of lads up with us training as they live in Dublin but are still hurling with their clubs back home. Training fees are very reasonable and way cheaper than joining a gym. On average we would have at least 15 players but sometimes as many as 35/40 at training.

Also the social side of the club is very active (that may be understating it slightly).

For anyone who would like more infor please check out the website/send an email. There will be a club meeting (plus a few scoops) on the 26thNovember at 9pm in Vaughans Pub, Terenure. If you miss this meeting the further meetings should be posted ont he website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭tommy26

looking to join a club in south dublin,when do the senior teams start training?

tommy26 wrote: »
    looking to join a club in south dublin,when do the senior teams start training?

Each team would be different obviously so maybe you should contact the relevant manager/selectors. Typically most teams would be back somewhere between late January and Mid Feb.

Code (football): Football
    Contact details:
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in early January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club. We have 2 adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team.The second team is a social team which is for lads looking for game. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 77,77a,50,150,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

axelf82@hotmail.com

sorry lads forget to specify we only have football teams,not hurling and handball

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Civil Service Hurling Club welcome new players to join the club for 2011.

Based in IslandBridge between Kilmainham and the Phoenix Park, Civil Service Hurling club is one of the oldest hurling clubs in Dublin - established in 1923.

We have players from all 4 provinces, with hurlers from over 14 different counties represented within the club (including a few Dubs) and some international players too! We play championship in Junior A and Junior E.

Facilities include recently redeveloped playing pitch, floodlight training pitches, a gym and club house. All levels and abilities are catered for, from those serious about their hurling to those who want to get out and about and have a puck around on a summer's evening.

We also have a good social side to the club with nights out, table quizzes and BBQs.

If interested or would like more information check out http://www.civilservicehurlingclub.ie

serviceaction2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Hi,
    Réalt Dearg hurling club will be holding a new players meeting on Wednesday 12th January at 20.30 in Vaughan's Eagle House in Terenure.

Players of all levels and abilities welcome. The club is striving to enter two teams this year so will need to increase the number from the approx 35 players we had involved last year.
    Training recommences in Bushy Park, Terenure on Saturday 15th January at 12.00. Cup competitions should be starting up shortly after this. Anyone interested all you need to do is drop into the meeting or else down to Bushy Park on Saturday week. For insurance reasons helmets are compulsory for training. Looking forward to seeing new faces at training!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 iamthewallrus

New players meeting next Wednesday nite at 8.30 in Vaughans Eagle House, Terenure.

We are looking for new hurlers for the 2011 season. Whether you've just moved to Dublin, or you've been away from the game for a while and want to get back in, or whether you just want to try it out for the first time, this is the club fo...r you.

If you have any queries, contact us on realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com or visit our facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chewbaca11

Dublin Aussie rules team are on the look-out for new players! With the national mens team well established, it is now time to develop a Dublin squad for the LADIES!

So come down to training and see if this is the game for you! Learn new skills like how to kick and handpass and take a mark.

No previous experience necessary, all levels are welcome, any nationality welcome!

There is also a fantastic opportunity for players to represent their country at international level, with international competitions including European Championships and World Cup, amongst others. We currently have several players involved in the Irish squad. Very few other sports offer such an opportunity for representing your country and travel.

We are due to begin training in Pheonix park as soon as we have enough players!

For more information, check out the ARFLI website at www.arfli.com
    www.afl.com.au
    http://womensfooty.com/videos/euro-cup-2010-promo
    http://womensfooty.com/content/ireland-defeats-italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭happymondays

Ok so slightly unfit 30 year old with very little experience of football wants to give it a go. Looking for noting too serious to start obviously, a good group of welcoming lads with a good social scene also would be good.

These seem to be the clubs closest to me

Balinter St Johns Balinteer
    Kilmacud Crokes Stillorgan
    Naomh Olaf GAA Sandyford
    Ballyboden St. Endas

Any recommendation what level to start at?
    And which of these clubs would be more suitable for me?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kay Cee

Club Name:Zurich Inneoin GAA Club
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Hurling,Camoige,Football
    Level played:European Championships (Roughly speaking Junior A - F Standard)
    Contact details: http://www.hurling.ch/, http://groups.google.com/group/swiss-hurling?pli=1,
    swisshurling@gmail.com

Any other info: We are always on the look out for new members, so if you are already living in Zurich, plan on moving over or know anyone in Zurich, and you would like to play Hurling or Football then get in contact with us.

Also if there are any teams in Ireland or even further afield that feel like having a weekend away in Switzerland training and with a match thrown in we could definitely work something out there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Training recommences in Bushy Park, Terenure on Saturday 15th January at 12.00. QUOTE]
    New players meeting was a great success, looking like big numbers this year which is great. Training this saturday, 15th changed forward to 11am instead of 12am, still in bushy park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Loula

Ok below is the generic email that the lads were sending out. But, the club has decided to form a ladies football team. So anyone that's interested or if you know of any other lovely ladies that would be interested please please join up, Its a really fun club!

Park Rangers GAA club are based in the Phoenix park, the club is exclusively made up of country lads living in Dublin. We gained promotion last season to Division 8 of the Adult Football league and we are currently looking for new players for the coming season to participate in our preseason training and to play with us for the coming season.

The club is a great way to meet new people in Dublin and we have a very active social scene, the highlight of the coming seasons will be our trip to the Hague to participate in a 7 a side tournament (based upon our experience last year we would need a panel of 40 just to get 7 players on the pitch!). We take the league and championship very seriously however, and the preseason training will be taken by a fitness instructor over an 8 week period. Essentially we are looking for players and volunteers who may no longer play, but wish to get involved. Don't worry about fitness or the standard of football previously played, there is a place for everyone in our club.

Two reasons why you should drop us a line, 1st the craic is unreal and 2nd its cheaper than going a gym!! To register your interest or for further information on our club such as preseason training and social events for 2011 please email your interest to secretary.parkrangers.dublin@gaa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Amsterdam GAA

Hi all,

Just in case any of you are living in, or moving to, the Netherlands, Amsterdam GAA are looking for new players.

There's a very big Irish community in Amsterdam and we have a mens and ladies GAA team set up here. We play in European competitions during the year in places like Brussels, Luxembourg, Copenhagen, Munich, Budapest etc so it's good fun with some great weekends away.

We're about to start training at the end of January/early February for the new season and we're looking for new mens and ladies players.

We train twice a week during the year, and we have a lot of players from Utrecht, Haarlem, and some have played from Eindhoven, Rotterdam, so we're not just looking for Amsterdam based players. Obviously a lot of the lads and ladies coming from outside of Amsterdam don't train during the week (due to travel distances), but they come to the monthly tournaments instead.

Anyways if you fancy playing, or know of any other Irish (or any nationality...we have a lot of Brits, Aussies, Dutchies etc that play) who might be interested and are living in The Netherlands, feel free to pass on my details or get in contact with me yourself.

My email is corcoran.david@gmail.com or phone number is +31 (0)6 10135761, or 087-2361322 (Irish). You check out or club website at http://www.amsterdamgac.nl or club blog at http://amsterdamgaa.blogspot.com

Cheers,
    David

St James Gaels
    Code (football): Football
    Contact details:
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in early January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club. We have 2 adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team.The second team is a social team which is for lads looking for game. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 77,77a,50,150,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

axelf82@hotmail.com

If lads still interested in playing Gaelic football our Junior A& Junior C team are looking for new bodies,were training monday and wednesday nights 7.30 and sunday mornings at 10.30 in Iveagh Grounds.Season starting in 3 weeks.All welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Ok so slightly unfit 30 year old with very little experience of football wants to give it a go. Looking for noting too serious to start obviously, a good group of welcoming lads with a good social scene also would be good.

These seem to be the clubs closest to me

Balinter St Johns Balinteer
    Kilmacud Crokes Stillorgan
    Naomh Olaf GAA Sandyford
    Ballyboden St. Endas

Any recommendation what level to start at?
    And which of these clubs would be more suitable for me?

thanks

Geraldines GAA Club play in Cornelscourt in the field beside Dunnes. Small club and a small team so would be good club to start.

Advertisement