Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C+H Sports Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Well it won't be Dublin. We're going places. We'll show Limerick how not to waste a generation of of underage talent.

I was about to reply with an eek smiley, before I realised you were talking about the hurlers.

The footballers are done for a few years methinks. The whole panel needs a shake-up. Some of the players might switch to hurling this year.

Unfortunately we're on Kilkenny's side of the draw in Leinster, so it's going to have to be through the back door to get into the AI.

All things going well, hopefully I'll get to a few league games this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Yesss. Training tomorrow is cancelled cos of the snow. Have barely been the past few months though. I'm only making it up to like 2 or 3 sessions a week. Think my new years resolution is going to be to quit swimming.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

jese that is a bad draw for limerick..tipperary are going to be very hard bet (or cork if they manage to beat tipp then they should go far!)

wasn't 08 the year waterford got into the all-ireland final?that was a good year!(well apart from the actual final match)
    I lol'ed so damn hard at this! :pac:
    First and last game waterford played in the '08 championship need not be spoke of :P
    One game bloody worse than another.
    But yeh brightside we did but the first match we played Clare we were without 5main players and the ones playing seemed to have a new hatred to Justin Mc so....... We got to the final though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I was about to reply with an eek smiley, before I realised you were talking about the hurlers.

The footballers are done for a few years methinks. The whole panel needs a shake-up. Some of the players might switch to hurling this year.

Unfortunately we're on Kilkenny's side of the draw in Leinster, so it's going to have to be through the back door to get into the AI.

Yeah too bad Ryan is 31 though. Wish he'd switched a bit earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

*cough* three *cough*

Limerick are in division 4. :)

dude, I wouldn't say that tbf.
    Kilkenny aren't as strong as they used to be (may i remind deise of the '08 final ;)).
    Ye nearly bate them last year in the leinster final. I'd say ye'd have a great chance of beating them. Although you'll prob end up meeting Galway in the final. Ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Limerick are in division 4. :)

Kilkenny aren't as strong as they used to be (may i remind deise of the '08 final ;)).
    Ye nearly bate them last year in the leinster final. I'd say ye'd have a great chance of beating them. Although you'll prob end up meeting Galway in the final. Ouch!
    Waterford are in too!! I think we lost to London or somewhere last year :confused:
    Im gonna be mean and say Kilkenny are going to win the Lenster final this year, maybe in a shock of things (thanks to Canning of course) Galway will beat them but no one else in Leinster will.
    I agree Kilkenny are sliding down but I still dont think its enough for other teams to catch up on, yet.
    I think Dublins year is still awaiting, but Daly is some manager so you never know I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

They may not be as strong as they were, but they are still light-years ahead of us, we're still a young team.

And no, we didn't really nearly beat them. We lost by 6, and anytime Kilkenny needed to pull away from us, they simply went and knocked a couple of points over, no hassle.

If we did beat Kilkenny then Galway would certainly be nothing to fear in the final, but as I said, I really don't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

They may not be as strong as they were, but they are still light-years ahead of us, we're still a young team.

And no, we didn't really nearly beat them. We lost by 6, and anytime Kilkenny needed to pull away from us, they simply went and knocked a couple of points over, no hassle.

If we did beat Kilkenny then Galway would certainly be nothing to fear in the final, but as I said, I really don't see it happening.

Ye were staying with them for most of the game.
    They just have the experience of pulling away towards the end. Same with Limerick in the quarter final.
    Well, imo, ye do have a chance. Seriously man, optimism is the way to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Did you see that ludicrous display by Arsenal last night?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

syncosised wrote: »
    Did you see that ludicrous display by Arsenal last night?

What was Wenger thinking putting Walcott on that early?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The thing about Arsenal is, they always try to walk it in!

The thing about Arsenal is, they always try to walk it in! :D

They are actually in top form though, they could easily be challenging for the title this season. Chelsea's form is woeful, poor Frank Lampard is having a torrid time.

The thing about Arsenal is, they always try to walk it in! :D

They are actually in top form though, they could easily be challenging for the title this season. Chelsea's form is woeful, poor Frank Lampard is having a torrid time.
    Quoted for failure!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Personally, I can't wait for the football season to start. My body badly needs a kick in the arse after Christmas (notice I blame my body...)

That comma's there for a pause, though perhaps an ellipsis or semicolon would be more appropriate. Also, you just posted in yaaa...hhh saying that you could now happily avoid this topic!

Then I saw you'd posted and I was curious to see if you were going to abuse that! :P

Ha, right so!

Back on topic, should be a good year of sport this year. Can't wait for the World Cup! What else are people looking forward to?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Back on topic, should be a good year of sport this year. Can't wait for the World Cup! What else are people looking forward to?

The long and unstoppable reign of the all-powerful SHEAMUS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Ha, right so!

I'll be sitting the stupid JC during the WC. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I'll be sitting the stupid JC during the WC. :mad:
    And now it's just occured to me I'll doing the LC during the rugby WC. :mad:

• Advertisement

I'll be doing work experience during the World Cup. I'll have to log onto RTE.ie and hope they have all the matches there!

Also, Insect Overlord, I agree, Sheamus will rule WWE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

jumpguy wrote: »
    And now it's just occured to me I'll doing the LC during the rugby WC. :mad:

The rugby WCs always take place over the autumn and not the summer. Wiki tells me the next one is from 9th September - 23rd October 2011, so you're sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I'm doing the LC during the world cup, but I don't mind.

I'll just watch the highlights. I'd prefer to watch the games but sure...

Jako8 wrote: »
    I'm doing the LC during the world cup, but I don't mind.

I'll just watch the highlights. I'd prefer to watch the games but sure...

I don't think there'll be too many clashes with the matches this summer. Most of them are scheduled for latish afternoon/evening, but I could be wrong on that.

The worst was definitely the 02 WC though. Because of the time difference they were always morning matches, and we had Ireland in it of course. My brother was doing his LC at the time and was stuck inside for Ireland/Germany, poor guy :(

Daysha wrote: »
    I don't think there'll be too many clashes with the matches this summer. Most of them are scheduled for latish afternoon/evening, but I could be wrong on that.

The worst was definitely the 02 WC though. Because of the time difference they were always morning matches, and we had Ireland in it of course. My brother was doing his LC at the time and was stuck inside for Ireland/Germany, poor guy :(

I was in primary school. We used to watch the matches at school and do nothing for the day.

It was awesome. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Does anyone play Fantasy football? I was thinking about setting up a private league for it. Any interest?

Jako8 wrote: »
    I was in primary school. We used to watch the matches at school and do nothing for the day.

It was awesome. :D

We got a half day for the Saudi Arabia game but just spent the entire time playing football out in the garden and legging it into the living room everytime we heard a shout. Good times :)

creggy wrote: »
    Does anyone play Fantasy football? I was thinking about setting up a private league for it. Any interest?
    Would you believe I do!

creggy wrote: »

Every year I set up one and every year I spend about 2 weeks taking interest before completely forgetting about it. I think John O'Shea's still in my team and he hasn't played since November!

• Advertisement

Daysha wrote: »
    Every year I set up one and every year I spend about 2 weeks taking interest before completely forgetting about it. I think John O'Shea's still in my team and he hasn't played since November!

Exact same.

I lose interest in it fast.

Advertisement