Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact Details for Riding Schools / Livery Yards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 axel&taz

do you have a name and number for this yard??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭cookerj

Hi Allyearround, I PMd u twice with details, did you get them? I wasn't sure if your post was for me or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 valmul

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for livery yards in south Dublin / north Wicklow? Looking for somewhere with indoor and outdoor floodlit arenas as I will be riding after work during the winter. Would also like the option of having someone from the yard to ride my horse when I am not available... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Excellent riding school outside Waterford, on the way to Tramore
    Beautiful treks in forestry and around lakes as well as beach treks (very enjoyable)
    Had my horse in livery here, also used work there also.
    Pat Flavin (proprietor) very nice guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 koladumoulin

cookerj wrote: »
    Less than a minute from Brooke Lodge in Stepaside, an amazing €65 a week for DIY! It's called Rose Field Cottage and DIY Includes as much hay as you want AND a bag of shavings. I can't believe my luck! Anyone interested in the details PM me. Lovely sand arena and great hacking, also a lovely bunch of people.

Could you send me the details and phone numbers please ?
    I just moved to Ireland and I am looking for a nice grass livery for my connemara-arab. She has always lived outdoors and it is very important that it stays that way. Do you know if there is any public transport that goes there ?

Thanks very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 mummy2b

mummy2b wrote: »
    Livery Yard: Clonfert Maynooth Equestrian Centre

Recession Busting:

Full Livery 98 euro
    DIY from 50

<snip>

www.clonfertmaynoothequestrian.com

2 outdoor all weather arenas,
    Horsewalker
    Trekking course for all levels
    Lessons for all levels
    Pony club for children - international showjumper on teaching staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Rosielee

hey Guys

Does anyone know where there is cheap grass livery for a pony anywhere in Kildare ?..prefereably in the Naas/Newbridge/Curragh area.I'd like her to have a bit of company. In the process of trying to sell her but just need somewhere to keep her until that happens :)

Thanks for any suggestions...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Asj

Hi
    Im Looking For livery in galway as near to Gmit as possable any one know of a good and cheep anough yard !!! Xxx thanks .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

valmul wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for livery yards in south Dublin / north Wicklow? Looking for somewhere with indoor and outdoor floodlit arenas as I will be riding after work during the winter. Would also like the option of having someone from the yard to ride my horse when I am not available... Thanks

Hey Brooke Lodge, Stepaside, dublin 18. one large indoor arena, two outdoors, xcountry course. All horses grazed everyday. Great roads for hacking. And the instructor could ride your horse for you im sure if you are unable to come up.She exercises mine for me a few days.She is brill!If not someone else can be arranged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 neeciemac

hey jus new on forum, and just moved to dublin, in stepaside, was wondering does this yard do full livery? i work odd hours so may not be able to go up everyday, would this be much more expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

neeciemac wrote: »
    hey jus new on forum, and just moved to dublin, in stepaside, was wondering does this yard do full livery? i work odd hours so may not be able to go up everyday, would this be much more expensive?

yup full livery and all horses turned out everyday. Would you like me to pm you contact number??

Hi,

35 euro grass livery - really nice yard. You may even get a chance to sell your pony there!

Ask for Cormac or John. On back road - approx 8 miles from Clane.

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 workaholic2

does anyone know of a yard in Swords/North County Dublin that does grass livery all year round? with an arena? (indoor or outdoor it doesnt matter)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

A few equestrian centres/yards in the Swords area have already been mentioned in the thread. I think they were on the first page... Might be of some help to you?

I have tried the ones that were mentioned and none of them do grass livery all year round! :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Have you tried the Irish Field/Farmers' Journal/donedeal for livery ads? Or would you consider putting an ad in one of the above, or a similar publication?

Have looked everywhere online, done deal, irishhorsetrader, horseplay etc. Ive even googled grass livery in dublin! have checked in the irish field and farmers journal too! :confused: am putting ads up, but i thought i'd ask here first ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DANEHILL

does anyone know of a yard in Swords/North County Dublin that does grass livery all year round? with an arena? (indoor or outdoor it doesnt matter)

Castle Hill is 2 Miles from North Dublin Border in Julianstown. Indoor and Outdoor Arenas. One Mile from the Beach. Daily Turnout. I dont think you will find many places with Year Round Grass .. since in the interest of proper land managemnt Horses in general are removed from the Spring and Summer Grazing areas. Otherwise .. you have NO paddocks when needed.
    www.castlehill.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kooja

Hi - I had my horse on grass livery from Dec 08 to Aug 09 in Nth Co. Dub and he got severe Mud Fever on his 1 white foot due to the lovely July weather we got!
    I was watching the weather forecasts and it was more rain in August so I was looking everywhere for a reasonable Livery yard as I know the only way I was ever gonna heal my horse was in a stable. I seen an ad in work in the Irish Field for Beech Park Livery Stables in the Naul & the Lady was so lovely.
    She came in her horse truck that evening and within 3 weeks my horse was healed. It's 200 per month for DIY (which I am on, I buy my own food, own mucking out but she supplies hay and turns him out every morning as I am up in the evenings)and 360 for full livery.
    She has an outdoor arena too - not the biggest but it's grand & has lights too.Only 1 full jump with wings in it but she says she is getting more in 2010.
    Best thing is the hacking - it's right beside the McKen run and there are oodles of fields. Over the years I have been to various diff yards but this one I really like, if anyone would like contact details you can private message me. Kooja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

Surprised nobody's listed this one, it's one of the best in County Wicklow.

http://www.sprucelodge.ie

• Advertisement

Clash wrote: »
    Surprised nobody's listed this one, it's one of the best in County Wicklow.

http://www.sprucelodge.ie

Wow this looks like a gorgeous place. I must give it a try. :)

Clonfert's gorgeous, my friend moved her horse there recently and the owners are freakishly nice, lending me a horse to go riding when I go up to see my friend and her horse!

I don't think Kill has been mentioned - www.killinternational.ie Expensive! But phenomenal if you can afford it (I can't). Also Cirque du Cheval's on there at the start of Dec, I can't wait!

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Just wanted to say that Kilmon Riding Centre in Kildare has a new website:

www.kilmonridingcentre.com

(I would have added this to my previous post on this thread, but I can't edit it anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

Private lessons at Glenamaddy Equestrian Centre. Dressage, show jumping, working hunters, using flatwork to improve dressage, and natural horsemanship. Two indoor arenas, two all weather outdoor sand arenas, one lighted. <snip>

Mod edit: No personal details in posts, please. If you're interested, please PM Theponylady.

In Stepaside 5mins from the Sandyford exit off the M50. Fantastic hacking, hunting, shows and xc close by, quiet and friendly private yard with fields and outdoor sand arena.

DIY €65/wk includes v good haylage, daily turnout/in and 1 bag of shavings. Full €120, includes everything you can think of really! PM me for contacts, I need some jumping/hacking/competing partners in crime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kelly2010

Broadmeadows Equestrian Centre
    01-8351633

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 akalina

Annaharvey Farm Equestrian Centre, Tullamore ,Co. Offaly
    Tel. 0579343544
    http://www.annaharveyfarm.ie
    info@annaharveyfarm.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lisamoran

hey guys would you tell me a good riding school near navan
    xxx:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

bob1984 wrote: »
    Kilronan Equestrian Centre
    Cloghran,
    Swords,
    Co. Dublin
    01-8403499

http://www.kilronanequestriancentre.ie/

Kilronan have a new phone number: 087-259 6020

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭eveie

Bachelors Lodge Equestrian centre, located on the navan, kells road.
    Outdoor arena, cross country, hacks.

http://www.bachelorslodge.com/

Advertisement