Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

If this weekend's episode is postponed due to mindless drooling over a very old man who died, so help me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Celchick wrote: »
    If this weekend's episode is postponed due to mindless drooling over a very old man who died, so help me...

Don't put that out into the universe! :pac:

Trivia time

Which LOD star appeared in the video for music act James for their song "She's A Star"?

Have a look here https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xr1xn

They appear in the first 30 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Trivia time

Which LOD star appeared in the video for music act James for their song "She's A Star"?

Have a look here https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xr1xn

They appear in the first 30 seconds

Keeley hawes

Keeley hawes

Yes

And as good looking as she is in a MILF'y kinda way now, she was stunning in that video (1997)

Anyone got any more LOD trivia questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Yes

And as good looking as she is in a MILF'y kinda way now, she was stunning in that video (1997)

And while we're at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Don't put that out into the universe! :pac:
    Someone else already did.

If it happens I'll... I'll... give out on the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

Which LOD character was nicknamed "H"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"Hauld yer whist". No, not ted hastings but Frasier in Dads Army on Gold just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Oooh. Go all out. Send a strongly worded email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

.red. wrote: »
    Which LOD character was nicknamed "H"

Which LoD character hasn't at some stage been rumoured to be nicknamed "H", more like!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

How many bosses has Ted had since the show started?

Trivia:

Vicky McClure's real-life nephew plays her on-screen son Josh

That's a nice touch

How many bosses has Ted had since the show started?

A guess of; three?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

There might be a practical elective.
    Almost guarantees you a pass before you have to sit the written & interview.

Léigh anois go cúramach, ar do scrúdpháipéar...beeeeeeeeeeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

A guess of; three?

I haven't looked it up but I think you're right

Hilton, Dryden and Wise

Beeb really overdoing it tonight on Prince Phil. BBC 1 and 2 showing exactly the same programme and BBC4 off air. Hopefully it’s just for tonight.

What will they be like when the Queen goes ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

trashcan wrote: »
    Beeb really overdoing it tonight on Prince Phil. BBC 1 and 2 showing exactly the same programme and BBC4 off air. Hopefully it’s just for tonight.

I was wondering exactly this all day today!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hopefully it's not postponed, apparently this episode is full on.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

trashcan wrote: »

Just turn off BBC....I was busy watching season 2 of LOD last night on RTE player as I knew TV would be full of Royal rubbish

Unless Philip was H I don't care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

sebdavis wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Hahaha. They better not cancel it tomorrow, it’s the highlight of my week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Off-topic - which football team does Steve support?

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK/status/1380536298348421129?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

steve_r wrote: »
    Off-topic - which football team does Steve support?

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK/status/1380536298348421129?s=20

Steve seems like a Chelsea fan to me, not sure why tho.
    Martin Compston is a massive Celtic fan, he was on the Jamie Carragher Podcast a while back.
    It well worth a listen, football fans would enjoy it more but if you've no interest it's still good enough.
    There's even a segment where they talk about who H is which I quite enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’m watching again starting at s5 and working back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just rewatching S2...the scene where they are looking at footage at the dinner thing and Dryden is there and they notice the missing girl. Goosebumps!

It’s so so good. Also just on the rte player...it’s not as bad as I remember...and I need the ad breaks to gather my thoughts!

BBC flooded with complaints over Prince Philip death coverage

Corporation opened dedicated complaints form on its website to deal with high volume of comments

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/apr/10/bbc-flooded-with-complaints-over-prince-philip-coverage

Fcuking ridiculous carry on from them yesterday

I think it's fair to say we're getting LOD tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I've seen a few things online over the last few days that indicates tomorrow's episode will be brilliant and eventful.

Craig Parkinson who played Dot and currently hosts the podcast has seen the episode and tweeted "For my money, I think it’s the best episode of any season of LOD but that’s as much as I’m able to say." He also tweeted "Obviously my lips are sealed but you may need a small breather after episode 4 on Sunday "

Martin Compston tweeted a few hours ago, "Tomorrow’s the big one. episode 4! On paper one of the best @jed_mercurio has ever written, if we deliver what was there potential to be a classic."

Critic Boyd Hilton, who I presume has seen the episode, retweeted Martin saying "It is an absolute classic hour of television."

Can't wait. God knows what is going to happen.

Just turn off BBC....I was busy watching season 2 of LOD last night on RTE player as I knew TV would be full of Royal rubbish

Oh God, I did switch off, believe me. I was watching the Bohs v Dundalk match online, then I watched the latest episode of Deutschland 89. I just checked in on BBC a couple of times to see what they were at. Not a hope in hell I was sitting through any of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I've seen a few things online over the last few days that indicates tomorrow's episode will be brilliant and eventful.

Craig Parkinson who played Dot and currently hosts the podcast has seen the episode and tweeted "For my money, I think it’s the best episode of any season of LOD but that’s as much as I’m able to say." He also tweeted "Obviously my lips are sealed but you may need a small breather after episode 4 on Sunday "

Martin Compston tweeted a few hours ago, "Tomorrow’s the big one. episode 4! On paper one of the best @jed_mercurio has ever written, if we deliver what was there potential to be a classic."

Critic Boyd Hilton, who I presume has seen the episode, retweeted Martin saying "It is an absolute classic hour of television."

Can't wait. God knows what is going to happen.

I wonder is a character getting killed? The synopsis on sky says a witness interview goes horribly wrong...

Advertisement