Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Days Gone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

brady12 wrote: »
    Some joke no sequel. And remaking TLOU 1 wtf they at

Absolutely crying out for a sequel ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It might have been for the best tbh, they probably would have had Deacon St John tricked by a group of zombies who'd have caved his head in with a baseball bat and then forced you to play as the main zombie so you could understand where she was coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Actually sounds like a good premise :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Stop moaning about there not being a sequel. Sony have announced they are making a push into mobile gaming with the playstation brand. You should be happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Stop moaning about there not being a sequel.

You just stabbed me in the heart with a rusty dagger.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Stop moaning about there not being a sequel. Sony have announced they are making a push into mobile gaming with the playstation brand. You should be happy enough with that.

I don't understand any of this after the word "sequel". This is the disadvantage I have being a casual gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

More reports from the scrapped days gone 2. Ross said they had plans for a co-op shared universe. Where you and a buddy could play in the same map as the main game was set in but the focus would be on survival. Gathering resources, building a hut, fighting hordes. If that had been 4 or more player co-op it would have been huge on twitch.

Imagine a dayz type experience but with days gone hordes.

More reports from the scrapped days gone 2. Ross said they had plans for a co-op shared universe. Where you and a buddy could play in the same map as the main game was set in but the focus would be on survival. Gathering resources, building a hut, fighting hordes. If that had been 4 or more player co-op it would have been huge on twitch.

Ah **** that sounds good. What do you think Sony? You'd prefer a TLOU remake? Well, ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Never played Dayz, how does that compare to the likes of Days Gone, TLOU or World War Z?

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Never played Dayz, how does that compare to the likes of Days Gone, TLOU or World War Z?

It doesn't really. No story or gameplay loop.

It was a mod for arma that got popular but it was always pretty broken. But it did create some great moments. Big huge open world with random survival resources and zombies spawned in random locations.

You tried to stay alive for as long is possible. You could meet other players. Sometimes team up, most often get killed and looted.

Despite it being hanky as all hell you would spend hours exploring with friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd have thought they'd go for that when you see how popular Rust, Grounded, Ark and No Man's Sky are while Valheim is basically the biggest game this year.

I'm very much on the 'since Jim Ryan took over Sony have been making more bad choices' boat so this doesn't surprise me as he comes across as utterly clueless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think Sony is missing the point on why their internal studios were so good in previous generations. As much as I don't like Days Gone it at least is a little bit interesting unlike Ghosts of Tshuhima which is a very pretty form of generic. I'd much rather see if Bend Studios could make something great out of a Days Gone sequel than see another formula rehash. It could be the Uncharted 2 to the first games Uncharted.

Sony are really just doubling down on blockbuster exclusives and even close Sony Japan studios. It's a big mistake imo, those Sony studios in previous generations were there to fill in gaps in the consoles library and give it a more diverse library. It did wonders for getting people on board that wouldn't necessarily be core gamers or weren't interested in complex cinematic games. Their just focusing on the very limited gamer market rather than trying to expand their market, something which Nintendo is doing a lot better in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

PC trailer is out.

Release May 18th

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

And here's me just starting it on PS4 and I'm already tempted to just wait, but I don't think I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,246 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Downloaded this on PS5. Its OK and all but the radial menu is awful. Crying out for something much better to be done with it.

For those on PS4....

Today only! Download the #DaysGone Old Sawmill dynamic theme for the PS4.

Reedem at the PlayStation Store with the code for your region.
    US, Canada, LatAm: G98M-2AN3-L6L4
    Europe: QG4H-NMNN-N7P2
    Japan: 3BLE-QEN4-2HDL
    Korea: M57A-FNNQ-AH5F
    Asia: E775-GENL-M6CQ

• Registered Users Posts: 15,246 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

To play the PS5 version of this do I simply need to insert the disk? I'm assuming there are no extra steps I need to take to upgrade it?

There's no PS5 version from what i can see. Just a patch that plays it at 60fps

There was to unlock 60fps, add some extra performance improvements and reduce the file size too. But it should just patch the game rather than download a new PS5 version.

You're still relatively early, I think I reached there in one session in one of my later playthroughs :) or maybe :(

my main criticism of the game was it was too long although honestly I only felt that on the first playthrough

you get currency to upgrade by doing side and main missions. It's a common currency not tied to any one camp. You can also get it from selling ears, meat or flowers at the camps although even if you take the perks for increasing these the returns are modest at best.

I'm on the last few missions currently and it's reaaaally stretching out the game, definitely feeling the burn. Still hope they get to release a sequel some day. The online co-oo base building could be fun.

• Advertisement

Did you actually read what I said or is it that despite allegedly playing this game more than once you don't understand how the credits systems works?
    You can can sell ears, flowers and animal meat to any camp yes and you can take missions from any camp yes those but you can't spend the currency you get from one camp at another. You're forced to make decisions between what camps you sell to. For instance, you cannot spend credits that you get from Tucker's camp at Copeland's camp. I know this because when I go to Tucker's camp I have like a thousand credits with her but I'm broke at Copeland's so unless it's yet another bug and I just need to reload my game stop correcting me/confusing me when I'm clearly right.

Not sure what "relatively early" means in terms of hours left but I'll take it. I'd imagine it would be easy to reach this point when you're enjoying it and not forcing yourself to feel the fun in between the long stretches of slog.

Correct, currency is camp specific

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

Finished This two months ago and I still refuse to delete it off hard drive even though I'm stuck for space . Will drop in again & take down more hordes & finish side missions .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It's hilariously incompetent game design that to fast travel to a camp that's too far away for the fuel to last you have to first fast travel to a nearer camp or whatever place has fuel, stock up there and then fast travel to the actual place you want.... Again, was this play tested? :D

Haven't played this in ages but why wouldn't you need to have enough fuel to be able to fast travel? Fast travel just cuts out you having to manually navigate from point a to b, you should still need enough fuel to make the journey whether it's fast travel or manual. Why is that incompetent game design, being able to just fast travel somewhere regardless of how much fuel you have would be incompetent game design surely?

Never fast travelled on the game and played through fully twice. The journeys are amazing, breathtaking scenery, riding on the bike, but most of all the many random encounters from various zombies to bears and human enemies, and how they randomly interact with each other too. To skip these would just lose the immersion for me.

The fuel thing is really easy to manage after initial hour or two, with semi decent tank upgrade, there's numerous petrol stations clearly marked on the map, also all Nero checkpoints have fuel tanks around, as do any of the pickup trucks scattered around, and at every camp you can top up too

Advertisement