Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas 2021 Checklist

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Easter is marked off.

May bank holiday is next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    Easter is marked off.

May bank holiday is next :)

Great run of bank holidays this time of the year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm taking next Monday off as A/L just to ease myself into a nice run of 3 day weekends. :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

May bank holiday & eurovision can be crossed off now (well eurovision from Saturday night i suppose)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bank Holiday June and 200 days not too far around the corner...

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Bank Holiday June and 200 days not too far around the corner...

Wednesday fortnight is day 199!! :eek:
    Motoring now!:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Wednesday fortnight is day 199!! :eek:
    Motoring now!:D

Better dust off the tinsel :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    Better dust off the tinsel :D

Ah yes, the smell of dusty tinsel...

June bank holiday & 200 days can get marked off now. and Euro 2020 starts on Friday too!

We're flying it!

• Advertisement

Fathers day gone, longest day of the year today too, so thats another one down.

Updated. :D

DvB wrote: »
    Fathers day gone, longest day of the year today too, so thats another one down.

Can't believe days are getting shorter from tonight :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭A cup of te

I always feel like we are over the worst at this point in the year. A few more short weeks and we are into September and we're basically there :)

I thought we might have a few to cross after been away for awhile however only All Ireland Finals and Olympics opening ceremony.

Guess is a quiet time across the board and things ramp back up from Sept on.

The August Bank Holiday comes before the all Ireland finals, so that's next, but yeah, quiet enough atm on the checklist 😴

Thought the All Ireland was later however not a massive GAA person so was 100% sure if had changed this year.

They used to be the first and third Sundays in September, but they changed it a couple of years back when they were trying to restructure the club and county seasons. So end of August now. Last years Christmas week finals were a complete one off, unlikely that'll ever happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I’ve no idea how I put them in there.

Also I’d put the tubs of sweets in just before the schools go back.

Christmas popcorn avatar. Genius. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Advertisement

August Bank Holiday weekend & the Olympics starting can be marked off now...

The olympics can be marked off.

Was it shorter this year in duration? Seemed to be over very quickly!

Not sure TBH. Seemed long enough to me, but maybe they condensed it to reduce the risk of covid or something to that effect.

That's what I was thinking. Just saw when catching up on some sport yesterday that was 15 days this time and always though they were 3 weeks. Could be totally wrong of course.

IS that all they were? 15 days? Felt longer than that TBH but yeah that does sound short for a full summer Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We'll soon be checking the more Christmassy things off the list!

Rio 2016 was 17 days (including opening and closing day) and Paris 2024 is also scheduled for 17 days- Tokyo was also 17 days, so looks about normal.🙂

The Paralympics kick off on 24th August, so the action isn't over just yet! 😊

Thanks Posy.

At least Paris will be on a better time for watching live.

• Advertisement

Oh, 100% @TRS30!! It will be great. Not really into settling down for a night of sports after 11pm, and definitely not into getting up at 5/6am to tune into events!! 😂

Advertisement