Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Windscreen chip repair?

• 08-04-2021 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I was driving near my home a little while ago and truck went by which had gravel or something similar in the back. Some of it flew off put some nice windscreen chips right in my line of sight. I was wondering can these be repaired?

549576.jpg

I'm in the Celbridge area of Kildare. I would appreciate any recommendations on where this might be repaired? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you have windscreen cover on your insurance policy then ring them and they will put you in touch with their preferred windscreen replacement company who will examine it and tell you if it can be repaired or needs to be replaced. Either will be covered free of charge if you have windscreen cover on your policy. If you don't then they will give you a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

bazz26 wrote: »
    If you have windscreen cover on your insurance policy then ring them and they will put you in touch with their preferred windscreen replacement company who will examine it and tell you if it can be repaired or needs to be replaced. Either will be covered free of charge if you have windscreen cover on your policy. If you don't then they will give you a price.

Thanks I do have windscreen cover. They'll replace it on Monday for me. Appreciate the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭finalfurlong

Thanks I do have windscreen cover. They'll replace it on Monday for me. Appreciate the advice.
    Had similar happen to me in August.Chip repaired but you still see site to lesser degree as basically gel used means it strenghtens and bonds area.When i got renewal it had glass claim down under claims which is technically correct but did not have any effect on no claims bonus which i used when moving insurer.Repair man from glass company said the rule of thumb is repair if under 2 cm in diameter,if I remember correctly

Advertisement