Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I think ray did a great job today .didn’t mess up the buttons and was professional with the interviews. :eek:

April fool. Of course he messed up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Fuking hell
    Prince Philip has died but it’s all about her shaking his hand (or meeting him as she sees it)
    What a wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Who's being interviewed at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

This woman, sounds like, hmm, a bit wishy washy. Is she American or Irish?

Kathryn mentions that weekends can be tough during lockdown with even less going on than should be. A contestant telling us how busy and occupied she is, and likes her weekends for a bit of normality. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Kathryn mentions that weekends can be tough during lockdown with even less going on than should be. A contestant telling us how busy and occupied she is, and likes her weekends for a bit of normality. :pac:
    Yes, she was very relieved on Tuesday to only have a four day week. Must be yet another one on a handy number in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

I presume Kathryn from Carlow told you all about being a "Mom" (input American type accent here).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Didn't think I'd say it but I'll be glad to see D'Arcy back come Monday after a week of Katryn 'livin your best life' Thomas, or 'Catherine Thompson' as we call her here in Carla'

What was that interview about today, I only caught bits of it, something about being lonely?!! Some woman that was lonely then fell and broke her ankle and she was so lonely that some strangers took her in while she was recovering from a broken ankle or being lonely or something?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

KT and Tubridy should hook up. They're well matched!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Well, they can both work the buttons at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Pussyhands wrote: »
    KT and Tubridy should hook up. They're well matched!

I could say something but I’d be banned....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭thesandeman

SpitfireIV wrote: »

What was that interview about today, I only caught bits of it, something about being lonely?!! Some woman that was lonely then fell and broke her ankle and she was so lonely that some strangers took her in while she was recovering from a broken ankle or being lonely or something?!!

I asked who she was further up. Kathryn didn't give her name after the interview. I'm intrigued because I know most of the people she mentioned.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well, they can both work the buttons at least.

Ray is back and he couldn't find the quiz music button just now, after being on his holliers!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

That stalwart supporter of horse racing Ray D'Arcy. John, ask him about his boycott of your profession during Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

D'Arcy on about the Cuckoo and its modus operandi... Mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

That stalwart supporter of horse racing Ray D'Arcy. John, ask him about his boycott of your profession during Cheltenham.

Is Ray's show still interrupted with Horse Racing commentary? much to his disapproval?

"And now, we move on, to liars.

Father Peter Thornton..."

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He rails against the church but all he sounds like is an angry priest admonishing his flock from the alter

does he realise that?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭blackvalley

The absolute dose is lecturing today on the " Evils of alcohol " one of his favourite hobby horses . No more than Tubridy who nominated a broken down DJ to be a moral leader of this country.
    Rant over.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Give over with the fake texts about "the drink" D'Arcy, a joyless fake individual who delights in sucking out the joy of life, leave us alone to enjoy one of lifes great pleasures without the sermons, alcohol puts a rosier hue on the world and it never surprises me that people have the odd drink to escape it

• Advertisement

Has D'Arcy some vested interest in Amazon or something? Don't know if anyone else has noticed but for the past two, or even three days he's read out a text along the lines of 'can you tell us the name of that show you recommended on Monday?'. Seems odd to me, either that or he's just reading the same text over and over....

Anyone know what it was called?? :confused::p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Knowing D'Arcy it's probably the same text

fritzelly wrote: »
    Knowing D'Arcy it's probably the same text

That is very possible! As he said himself, on the week off Jenny wouldnt let him tackle any jobs in the house OR the garden! :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Never shuts his face about Spotify

He must have stock

• Registered Users Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He rails against the church but all he sounds like is an angry priest admonishing his flock from the alter

does he realise that?

Doubt it very much.........very very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Imagine watching ants for 3 hours, after consuming 1 glass of wine while on holidays in Spain.
    He is the most boring bastard ever

• Registered Users Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sweet divine fuhherke............bang

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Has D'Arcy some vested interest in Amazon or something? Don't know if anyone else has noticed but for the past two, or even three days he's read out a text along the lines of 'can you tell us the name of that show you recommended on Monday?'. Seems odd to me, either that or he's just reading the same text over and over....

Anyone know what it was called?? :confused::p

Another text today 'what was that movie you mentioned the other day?'....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There’s surely more efficient ways of finding a movie title ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

turned on the radio, heard rays fake laugh he does when interviewing, turned radio off

Advertisement