Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE: Drivetime with Sarah McInerney & Cormac O hEadhra

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rolling Stone

Honestly, some of the tripe spouted by PC journalists ... the reason that the Govt. are only now dealing with the issue of Children's shoes is because there are too many men in the cabinet and not enough women ... sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

My god, like this guy just sounds like so vapid.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,819 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

My money would be on Leo offering her the gig?

Mad the amount of our media who find themselves doing these jobs.

https://www.businesspost.ie/media-marketing/sarah-mcinerney-why-i-turned-down-political-adviser-gig-e4999c23

• Registered Users Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

X

https://www.businesspost.ie/media-marketing/sarah-mcinerney-why-i-turned-down-political-adviser-gig-e4999c23

Just proves the point that if the wedge is good these mercenaries will peddle anything.

How come Callan hasn’t been ‘snapped up’ by the Shinners?

Hmmm....... ah ..got it ...he does it for nothing... right -oh!!!

Just proves the point that if the wedge is good these mercenaries will peddle anything.

How come Callan hasn’t been ‘snapped up’ by the Shinners?

Hmmm....... ah ..got it ...he does it for nothing... right -oh!!!

Clearly the lure of the political clout is dangled in front of these folk.
    The 'wedge' would be similar for doing either job.

Party spots political bias, attempts to head hunt.
    From Sean Duignan to George Lee to Collette Browne.

• Advertisement

2017 is also when FG poached (for want of a better word) her colleague Chris Donoghue.

I don't believe there is any allocation for special advisors in non-government parties so seems like it was part of the same procurement, sotospeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Clearly the lure of the political clout is dangled in front of these folk.
    The 'wedge' would be similar for doing either job.

Party spots political bias, attempts to head hunt.
    From Sean Duignan to George Lee to Collette Browne.

The poor aul Social Democrats.

Jaysus ,Cormac is going solo this evening.

He is, in my opinion, way too ‘heavy’..... battering the airwaves at high decibels.

Slow the fuhherke down dude, calm things, like a guy with a sledgehammer when a light implement is all that’s needed.

Like using a lump hammer to put in a tack!

FFS!!

The chaos of this coalition summed up. The national broadcaster having to referee a spat between coalition 'partners' and having to deliver the knockout blow to both of them (why the f*** didn't they get the legal side sorted) Hilarious and absurd in equal measure.

The chaos of this coalition summed up. The national broadcaster having to referee a spat between coalition 'partners' and having to deliver the knockout blow to both of them (why the f*** didn't they get the legal side sorted) Hilarious and absurd in equal measure.

Bit like the Shinners and the DUP.

• Advertisement

'...Sigh...Ok, Minister I'll bring you back to the question...'

Brilliant interjection by Sarah into the interminable waffle and avoidance of Thomas Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Who's this goon Lacey trying to burst open Fitzwilliam square to the plebs. He's a neck like a jockeys bollix.

Who's this goon Lacey trying to burst open Fitzwilliam square to the plebs. He's a neck like a jockeys bollix.

Not Rachael..........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Anyone see Sarah mcinerney on the late late last Friday? Flaming Nora she looked fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I saw her on Prime Time, and when the shock of the exploded-kaleidescope set background wore off, I agree she's looking great (although I'm not sure looks are in any way relevant to her job). And sounding even better. She may even tempt me back to PT again.

But Cormac O hEadhra has put me right off Drivetime - he's unnecessarily combative, interrupts the whole time, and his generally aggressive tone in interviews is a total turn-off. For me he's turned into a male version of Mary Wilson.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I saw her on Prime Time, and when the shock of the exploded-kaleidescope set background wore off, I agree she's looking great (although I'm not sure looks are in any way relevant to her job). And sounding even better. She may even tempt me back to PT again.

But Cormac O hEadhra has put me right off Drivetime - he's unnecessarily combative, interrupts the whole time, and his generally aggressive tone in interviews is a total turn-off. For me he's turned into a male version of Mary Wilson.

Nah.... Cormac is struggling a bit in my opinion....

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Well, rightly or wrongly looks plays an important part of getting a gig on prime time, Miriam certainly has had work done over the years to look good, anyhow Sarah has it all really, looks, brains, the voice etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Well, rightly or wrongly looks plays an important part of getting a gig on prime time, Miriam certainly has had work done over the years to look good, anyhow Sarah has it all really, looks, brains, the voice etc

A minx!

A minx!

Aaahhhh heeeeyur!

No

As good as McInerney and O hEadhra are together, it's clear from the Tuesday solo, and from the predecessor programme, that one presenter is sufficient for this slot.

O hEadhra is doing very well by himself, as McInerney would be.

I doubt whether two presenters, neither of whom are likely to be earning below €100k, can be justified at a time when RTE is seeking savings. Here's an obvious overspend.

• Advertisement

As good as McInerney and O hEadhra are together, it's clear from the Tuesday solo, and from the processor programme, that one presenter is sufficient for this slot.

O hEadhra is doing very well by himself, as McInerney would be.

I doubt whether two presenters, neither of whom are likely to be earning below €100k, can be justified at a time when RTE is seeking savings. Here's an obvious overspend.

I think they operate better separately rather than the false ‘banterage’ their producers try to engineer.

Falls flat as a pancake and the programme suffers when they don’t have to fake the banter to the detriment of the programme content and general gravitas and weight of the show.

Not a savings issue, just in my opinion they don’t jell well together.

Much too artificial.

My Jaysus... Hely-Rae ripped Cormac a new one...

Now nothing personal on Cormac , but the guy was wimped out , gutted, in this discussion.

Completely out of his depth...... I challenge any one with a bit of intelligence to say otherwise.

Skittled,,,, totally skittled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Michael Healy Rae coming undone on his stance against the green legislation, it's a rarity but the Green senator is beating him by sticking to the facts.

Healy Rae bringing NPHET & HSE into conversation now ....and Michael is the clever brother !

My Jaysus... Hely-Rae ripped Cormac a new one...

Now nothing personal on Cormac , but the guy was wimped out , gutted, in this discussion.

Completely out of his depth...... I challenge any one with a bit of intelligence to say otherwise.

Skittled,,,, totally skittled.

Nothing of the sort happened - Healy Rae was caught with his utter nonsense, claiming something that is in legislation when it's not and then trying to muddy the waters by bringing in NPHET - Pauline O Reilly from the Greens well able to deal with Healy Rae

Infoanon wrote: »
    Nothing of the sort happened - Healy Rae was caught with his utter nonsense, claiming something that is in legislation when it's not and then trying to muddy the waters by bringing in NPHET - Pauline O Reilly from the Greens well able to deal with Healy Rae

Exactly, Healy-Rae was let get away with that nonsense.

He was’ t pulled up by Cormac and for me anyway, I had no idea at the end of the ‘session’ who was right and who was wrong.

The whole discussion was a mish mash of shouting and at the end of the event , I certainly was none the wiser.

Maybe others were ?

He was’ t pulled up by Cormac and for me anyway, I had no idea at the end of the ‘session’ who was right and who was wrong.

The whole discussion was a mish mash of shouting and at the end of the event , I certainly was none the wiser.

Maybe others were ?

Honestly Brendan, this ludicrous take of yours is destroying these radio threads...politics is that away >>>>

Cormac made Healy Rae look like an idiot there with brilliantly incisve questioning.

Honestly Brendan, this ludicrous take of yours is destroying these radio threads...politics is that away >>>>

Cormac made Healy Rae look like an idiot there with brilliantly incisve questioning.

I don’t think so Francie.

Maybe others were ?

Healy Rae didnt get away with his nonsense thanks to Pauline who was well able to deal with Healy Rae - facts quickly undoing his german products tail followed by his ill judged false statement on the legislation.

Its a rarity for Healy Rae to come undone and his attempts to bring NPHET into it followed by his constant interruption at the end was desperation by Michael.

Personal view , Cormac interrupted to much and the Greens need this senator on more shows ,and Michael Healy Rae should stick to topics he knows....

Infoanon wrote: »
    Healy Rae didnt get away with his nonsense thanks to Pauline who was well able to deal with Healy Rae - facts quickly undoing his german products tail followed by his ill judged false statement on the legislation.

Its a rarity for Healy Rae to come undone and his attempts to bring NPHET into it followed by his constant interruption at the end was desperation by Michael.

Personal view , Cormac interrupted to much and the Greens need this senator on more shows ,and Michael Healy Rae should stick to topics he knows....

Cormac certainly didn’t undo him, let him spout rubbish and take over.

Turning two opposing forces on each might be fine on Liveline, but not on what purports to be a serious current affairs programme, and then take a kind of ‘loudhailer’ moderation policy of the ensuing debacle.

Didn’t give the Green person a fair chance in my opinion.

You need to be able to pick the Healy-Raes off slowly and methodically

What they want is a big schemozzle in the square with dusht flying and nobody knows what’s going on.

Let’s not stop critiquing this stuff.

• Advertisement

I think they operate better separately rather than the false ‘banterage’ their producers try to engineer.

Falls flat as a pancake and the programme suffers when they don’t have to fake the banter to the detriment of the programme content and general gravitas and weight of the show.

Not a savings issue, just in my opinion they don’t jell well together.

Much too artificial.
    It's often very stilted because they usually broadcast remotely from one another. There's a different vibe when they're in the same studio, but that isn't often possible these days. Which makes the choice of dual broadcasters even more ridiculous.

It's like they hadn't planned for McInerney's TV role when she was hired for Drivetime, so now she's in a job she doesn't need. That'd be my guess anyway.

Advertisement