Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Revisting the topic of vaccine queues now. Remeber his generous offer to take one of the first vaccines in Ireland live on television for our benefit? And his disgust at the thought of people who had covid already maybe getting the vaccine later than others.

He's really doubling down on explaining away people skipping the queue as being a natural part of life so just accept it.

I wouldn't be suprised in the slightest if turbridy skipped the queue. It would be in line with his sly sneaky personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

You’d think he’d read these articles before he comes on with at least once so he doesn’t mess them up? You know, the basest level of “research”.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Revisting the topic of vaccine queues now. Remeber his generous offer to take one of the first vaccines in Ireland live on television for our benefit? And his disgust at the thought of people who had covid already maybe getting the vaccine later than others.

He's really doubling down on explaining away people skipping the queue as being a natural part of life so just accept it.

I wouldn't be suprised in the slightest if turbridy skipped the queue. It would be in line with his sly sneaky personality.

It was very suspicious alright wasn’t it. Wouldn’t surprise me if the NK stable got a special delivery for all of the “top talent”. :rolleyes:

He wanted to take your euro Lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Texter" getting the "messages"

Finishes with kindness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sweating doughnut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

He wanted to take your euro Lady.

Was just thinking the same - or 2 euro in some supermarkets!

I’m out. Have a medical appointment. It will likely be less painful than continuing to listen to this “poppycock”.

This bafta list that nobody cares about, even ryan but its killed about 5 mins.

"Does anyone else feel like they don't want to watch something sad for 2 hours" - yes Ryan- every Friday night at half 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

welcome home?

Northern Ireland actress said she’s in Dublin and he said welcome home? :)

Was driving to my medical appointment and listened to the interview. The young lady was perfectly pleasant and polite. Bryan claimed to have watched her show but twice got the name of it incorrect. He also asked her when she was adopted and came to Northern Ireland literally seconds after she told him she was adopted and came to NI aged 13 months - he’s demonstrating Joe Duff-like listening skills there.

Finally, for a man who claims to read as voraciously as he does, he has an incredibly limited vocabulary. The only adjectives and descriptors he seems to know are gorgeous, beautiful, kind, intriguing, peculiar, or bonkers.

You forgot 'Delicious' ^^^^^

welcome home?

Northern Ireland actress said she’s in Dublin and he said welcome home? :)

Yes she handled that well. With a surname like Graham she’s most likely Protestant so he should have known better than to say something like that. It could have gotten very awkward had she pulled him on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Bryan claimed to have watched her show but twice got the name of it incorrect. He also asked her when she was adopted and came to Northern Ireland literally seconds after she told him she was adopted and came to NI aged 13 months - he’s demonstrating Joe Duff-like listening skills there.

Finally, for a man who claims to read as voraciously as he does, he has an incredibly limited vocabulary. The only adjectives and descriptors he seems to know are gorgeous, beautiful, kind, intriguing, peculiar, or bonkers.

He's a tit. And a fake one at that.

I never listen to Tubs (can't abide his smarmy nature) but I did hear this interview this morning as Radio 1 came on when I got in the car. Her (lovely) Nordie accent caught my ear.

And what was the bit about Mick Hucknall / Simply Red? That seemed 'peculiar' or did I miss something earlier in the programme?

He's a tit. And a fake one at that.

I never listen to Tubs (can't abide his smarmy nature) but I did hear this interview this morning as Radio 1 came on when I got in the car. Her (lovely) Nordie accent caught my ear.

And what was the bit about Mick Hucknall / Simply Red? That seemed 'peculiar' or did I miss something earlier in the programme?

He's trying to tell us here he can pull de burds as easily as anyone :rolleyes: as if we care. I think.

You forgot 'Delicious' ^^^^^

Well to be fair it’s not “fire” season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

(9th April)

The start of the show was very America heavy, I wonder are the researchers interested in America or are they directed by Tubridy? Or is it simply because of the amount of influence America has in the world?

Tubridy mentioned an Irish doctor who gave evidence at the George Flloyd trial/ Dr Martin Tobin from Kilkenny is his name and he is an expert in all pulmonary matters.

A texter mentioned that Dr Tobin assisted the prosecution free of charge. So he must be decent auld salt.

https://www.independent.ie/videos/george-floyd-died-because-of-lack-of-oxygen-irish-doctor-tells-court-40290157.html

Again in the U S of A Tubridy mentioned how less scrupulous people are creating fake vaccine passports.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/fbi-warns-americans-who-use-fake-vaccine-passports-may-be-breaking-the-law

Finally an Irish based story was mentioned by a texter that The President’s Glasses children’s book was mentioned.

Following this there was an interview with a very chirpy young one (Thaddea Graham) .from county Down who stars in the Netflix series called ‘The irregulars’. Based in the world of Sherlock Holmes in Victorian London,

Her background is unusual she was left at the steps of a building in China as baby, and was adopted by her Irish parents.
    It was interesting that she does not like it described as being ‘abandoned’ she prefers to think of it as her birth parents giving her a second chance.

Tubridy made the good point about how they square the fact that the way she looked would not fit in Victorian London. Thaddea again made the point that it was actually herself that had a problem with it and the producers didn’t.

The mood of the show was more upbeat than usual, and plenty of music was played.

The pick of them imo was ‘Sweet Soul Music’ by Arthur Conely

The little six year old from Dublin called Jonah for the book voucher quiz at the end, was a happy go lucky little fella. He was very considered in his thought for someone so young. I assume he was from Dun Laoghaire since he mentioned he saw Tubridy before and was afraid to say hello.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"Does anyone else feel like they don't want to watch something sad for 2 hours" - yes Ryan- every Friday night at half 9.

This.

He spent a good few minutes going on about how he cant sit through depressing stories, especially during the pandemic.

As always, the lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

He's trying to tell us here he can pull de burds as easily as anyone :rolleyes: as if we care. I think.

The name’s Tubridy, Bryan Tubridy”

As smooth as a piece of crumpled-up tinfoil.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/herald/opinion/columnists/gerry-ocarroll/ryan-woos-laura-with-that-classic-james-bond-line-27892852.html

She was only dating you to boost her own profile Bryan, and because you were on the list.

• Advertisement

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/herald/opinion/columnists/gerry-ocarroll/ryan-woos-laura-with-that-classic-james-bond-line-27892852.html

She was only dating you to boost her own profile Bryan, and because you were on the list.

In her final and bolder years, my mother used to be always teasing me with this line...

"Just picture yourself under the sheets with Bryan and try and contain yourself."

In her final and bolder years, my mother used to be always teasing me with this line...

"Just picture yourself under the sheets with Bryan and try and contain yourself."

To quote Kate bush after winning a lifetime achievement award

“I’ve just cum”

Oops wrong post to reply but I’ll leave it there anyway

“I’ve just cum”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

“I’ve just cum”

Came twice it seems ;)

Uncharted wrote: »
    Came twice it seems ;)

We ladies can do it many times in a row ;)

We ladies can do it many times in a row ;)

Really?

(Joking)

But really?

:)

Really?

(Joking)

But really?

Since I had de surgery free run for de vagal nerve.... and more so post-menopause, where natural body testosterone is unfettered by modifying female hormones. My late mother etc used to tell me about post-menopause, thought she was joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭StevenToast

For the day thats in it.....

549718.jpg

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148860b7c4bcdf698f260ef681ac0cb64ed7b11de0fd6&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Advertisement