Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Hall Of Fame 2021

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,915 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How is Titus in the hof?

Warrior Award, Charity Work etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 84,915 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are they actually pumping in "One More Match" chants for the Bellas....

Sure they started the women's evolution / revolution :p they are more known as reality stars than wrestlers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone think they should of had Kane with his original mask in the case instead of the most recent one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The piped in audio was bloody horrendous, have heard video game audio that sounded more realistic. Bit fcuked up to have Diana Hart there talking nice about Davey Boy after all the horrible things she wrote about him in her book.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

JBLs speech was cringe. Good to see him revel is his reputation as a merciless bully. The piped in crowd noise makes the whole spectacle close to unwatchable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Who the hell is this Kevin Patrick lad??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Whats worse is they had days to edit the thing together after it was filmed and that was the best they could manage with the crowd noises and stuff like the crowd shouting "A Wrestling God" along with JBL. The whole thing was so off

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Only really watched this for Kane and Bischoffs speeches.

Neither given enough time imo, Kane in particular you could tell he had so much he wanted to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Who the hell is this Kevin Patrick lad??

former RTE, CNN, Fox announcer. Never heard of him before but Jesus he has the most punchable face with the big fake smile. Hopefully he tones it down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I know Koko Beware gets alot of stick for going in.

But the man spent 8 years in the company, wrestled over 800 matches for them,outlasted many others in that era, going from 86-94.

And at the height of 5'9 , when it was the land of the giants.

That's a fair career, and who knows what else he contributed.

Its easy to go and see who won titles and was a draw, but a foundation needs to be built and guys like Koko were integral to WWF back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brickhouse Brown, Baron Michele Leone, Gary Hart, Dr Death Steve Williams & Pat Patterson's tag partner Ray Stevens have gone into the HoF 2020 legacy wing

EyVQ5iKWYAIv8lz?format=png&name=small

Dick The Bruiser, Pez Whatley, Buzz Sawyer, Ethel Johnson & Paul Boesch have gone into the 2021 wing.

697NVZ3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Brooklyn Brawler in there?
    Even though his onscreen character was made out to be a joke (even though he did pin HHH), seems he was reliable and the guy they would use for tryout matches. Plus his long time with the company.

Anyway, was there anything worth watching on the HoF this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Watched bits of this ceremony and I can honestly say it was one of only a handful of times where I got embarrassed while watching wrestling on my own. I mean, completely on my own but still went bright red.

I'm not sure what it was. I think it was embarrassment for the inductees with that cringey fake crowd noise. And I was also embarrassed by the fact that the HOF means so much to these people yet it doesn't even exist. The HOF is a work. People getting choked up about going into the WWE Hall of Fame, good grief.

And what are they playing at having two years worth of people going in this year? They are already scraping the barrel the last few years. Not that it matters, I suppose, because the whole thing is just a yearly TV show and not an actual Hall of Fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

Great to pay tribute to those that paved the way for us in our business.
    Thanking the likes of Oswald Osbourne for all he has achieved for us fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

showpony1 wrote: »
    Great to pay tribute to those that paved the way for us in our business.
    Thanking the likes of Oswald Osbourne for all he has achieved for us fans.

Who's Oswald Osbourne? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,752 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anything memorable on the show ?

Couldn't be arsed watching it last night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anything memorable on the show ?

Couldn't be arsed watching it last night

I'm watching bits in my own order and nothing so far. Kane's speech is alright.
    Pick and choose if he want to watch any. You won't be missing much if you don't. Ha.

Two Hall of Fames for the 123 Kid not bad really and he wasn't even a founding original member of either stable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Two Hall of Fames for the 123 Kid not bad really and he wasn't even a founding original member of either stable.

I've no idea how he got the NWO nod ahead of the likes of Bischoff. D-X is fine, but I don't think of Kid when I think of the NWO at all really. Should have just left it at the three originals imo

Necro wrote: »
    I've no idea how he got the NWO nod ahead of the likes of Bischoff. D-X is fine, but I don't think of Kid when I think of the NWO at all really. Should have just left it at the three originals imo

Ye NWO Sting was in before him and long after he left.

Even the Giant and The Million Dollar Man were in the NWO before him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

British Bulldog's wife looked decent there - she must have had some work done. I remember her from an angle where "HBK" Shawn Michaels was meant to have sexually harassed her. They should have brought that up in the induction speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,752 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hogan actually looks younger with his dark 5 o clock shadow

Advertisement