Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tiling cost - kitchen floor

• 07-04-2021 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello

We got a quote for tiling kitchen and dinning room

Kitchen / Dining Area
    To supply 600x600mm porcelain
    floor tiles, fixed with suitable
    adhesive and grouted
    on completion. 34 sq m @ €98.80 €3,359.20

Is it reasonable ?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

Absolutely ridiculous price imo.
    I obviously don't know how much the tiles , adhesive , grout are costing, but you can buy a lovely selection for between 25-30per sq m and I'd presume they would be getting it cheaper as they'd get the "trade price".
    My advice would be to shop around.
    I would actually advise you purchase the tiles etc yourself and be willing to wait to get someone to lay them.
    Ask family, friends, work colleagues, I'm sure one of them will point you in the right direction.
    There's 3 days work to complete it, max.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Everyone is looking for easy money nowadays..

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Shoden

Tiler will cost you 180-300 a day. 3 days of work maybe? See how much you can get the tiles for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I was quoted either 800 or 1000 for a 22 sq m kitchen. Cant remember which as I got a bathroom quote too.

Remove existing tiles and refit new tiles.
    I was supplying tiles, tiler was supplying grout and adhesive. Removed tiles and adhesive myself in the end and fitted vinyl floor. Removing adhesive was a bloody nightmare.

Your quote is nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭enricoh

E100 a square metre! I paid e15 a metre me supplying tiles n materials 4 years ago. Even if labour has doubled since he's still taking the mick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement