Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Issue with venue

• 07-04-2021 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hey everyone.

We are getting wed in October 2021 and we’ve come across an issue with the venue. I’m not sure how common this is:

Have to pay for all rooms upfront, rather than on the day. So our relatives who are trying to book rooms have to pay now, which they are unsure about given Covid and the possibility of not being able to attend at all. This is non negotiable with the hotel.

I tried to reserve two rooms for the night before the wedding (my bridal party and I) so we could just get up the next morning, get hair and makeup done and then stroll downstairs. Nope, they have a “policy” whereby I must book a minimum of ten rooms on a weeknight (the wedding is Fri, so the night before is Thurs)

Am I being unreasonable in thinking this is all a bit greedy and cash hungry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Very cash hungry, it’d make me worry they’ll be in business in 7 months.

What’s in your contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

Haven’t a clue where it is, I might have to ask them to send me another copy. The ten rooms thing the night before the wedding also feels very opportunistic. I’ve literally never heard of any hotel that insists on you booking ten rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Read your contract, this will either be detailed in it in which case there’s not much you can do or it won’t.

Advertisement