Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Be interesting to see what Amos does in the ring. He could be too big to be somewhat agile

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Is this Braun/Shane set up for a feud the worst in wrestlemania history? The match will Be abysmal while we all wait for Shane to fall off something creating yet another wrestlemania “moment” for himself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Be interesting to see what Amos does in the ring. He could be too big to be somewhat agile

It will be choreographed to a T so I'm sure he will look impressive, but in actual fact it will be Kofi who is doing the actual work to make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Really is appalling how stubborn Vince is. A week later and I'm still baffled by the hurt business being disbanded.. Its all setup for a copycat wrestlemania result of drew winning just so he can have his crowd moment... Lashley will fall back to the mid card and be forgotten about.

Corbin v drew at backlash then probably

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭ThePott

That was a Raw that happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,777 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As expected, the Bad Bunny match is now a tag. He does seem to have been doing some work anyway going by the attack at the car.
    This match is an example of how the pandemic has benefitted tv shows that has celebs on. WWE wouldn't have a chance of having Bad bunny as long as they had if not for the pandemic. Do you think he would be appearing weekly if he was able to tour or whatever?

Thought the women's tag match was meant to be a title match. I guess we got our answer to the usual question of if they could coexist. That was how it should be done. Rhea was pretty much just there to attack Asuka

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Any chance Hurt Business stuff is a bait and switch?

Didnt they get banned from ringside. No Hurt Buisness anymore skirts around that issue right? So technically they can get involved?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sirsok wrote:
    Any chance Hurt Business stuff is a bait and switch?

Was wondering that myself, but that would require, oh I dunno... Intelligence from the writing team that is so very sadly lacking in all facets of the product :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Even if that was the plan all along, and releasing stuff about morale low etc... they won't get any credit for it as people will assume they are just retconing it due to backlash.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,267 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If they put them back together now after the backlash they will say it was a work all along.

I can picture Prichard in about 3 years when he is back on his podcast saying they worked everyone.

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Corbin v drew at backlash then probably

Adam Cole gets called up and is added to the match

Why didn't Elias and Riker face Braun inside the cage especially with it been there last night on raw

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

God Nia Jax really is dirt, even after all this time her reactions to moves are so ponderous and slow it's really obvious she's trying to remember what comes next.

Her awfulness is second only to Tamina at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

What's the story with those bird graphics they had for Matt Riddle?

And is Braun Strowman still a train? What is Raw even meant to be these days?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

No direction, no planning and a lot of ****e.

I try to see the positives..... but there are none. Raw is rock bottom. All that talent.... wasted.

If anyone wants my negative takes, ask away... but right now I dont have the energy. If it wasn't for a few Smackdown feuds, id have zero interest in Mania.

I think the main thing drawing me to Mania (Reigns/Bryan/Edge aside) is the fans returning aspect. Very excited for that, even if the card could be so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Was that watered down ketchup on the car, jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's a far cry from filling Vince's Corvette with cement or even Kofi pouring a bucket of paint over Randy's Nascar.

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's a far cry from filling Vince's Corvette with cement or even Kofi pouring a bucket of paint over Randy's Nascar.

or when Hogan rammed the truck into the ambulance the rock was in

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭rodders999

The go home edition of Raw saw a main event of McIntyre v Corbin to build towards the WrestleMania main event of Lashley v McIntyre.

Christ that’s grim and back in the glory days those matches would barely gather people’s attention on Sunday Night Heat.

It’s incredible that Vince continues to make so much money out of such a crap product but surely it can’t be sustainable for much longer. There isn’t a single star on that roster and that WM card must be one of the worst ever.

So it's the Raw after Mania and I'm predicting **** all will happen tonight

Drew will promise to keep fighting to get his title back etc

**** knows about the Fiend/Bliss thing but hope Orton is keeped away from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So it's the Raw after Mania and I'm predicting **** all will happen tonight

Drew will promise to keep fighting to get his title back etc

**** knows about the Fiend/Bliss thing but hope Orton is keeped away from it

They'll announce a draft and drew will prob head to smack down for another reigns feud to carry on from survivor series

Strowman and lashley goin forward

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

New commentary team announced also, with Philips and Joe removed, replaced by Adnan Virk and Corey Graves.. Hopefully this will free Joe up to return to Active Roster again?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,777 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who will be Smackdown team now? Corey pulling double duty again or Joe moving there?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"It's time to shake things up around here!" etcetera.

Some nonsense about how there is a power shift with Alexa and Wyatt and how she's in control now.

Lashley/Drew will continue.

Charlotte will probably interrupt Rhea's promo.

Orton or Braun vs Sheamus, maybe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lashley beat Drew decisively, and was the defending champion. Drew absolutely should not be getting another shot immediately. He needs to step back and at least win another short feud to re-earn the shot.

J. Marston wrote: »
    "It's time to shake things up around here!" etcetera.

Some nonsense about how there is a power shift with Alexa and Wyatt and how she's in control now.

Lashley/Drew will continue.

Charlotte will probably interrupt Rhea's promo.

Orton or Braun vs Sheamus, maybe.

With your new RAW GM SHANE MCMAHON

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lashley beat Drew decisively, and was the defending champion. Drew absolutely should not be getting another shot immediately. He needs to step back and at least win another short feud to re-earn the shot.

I absolutely agree, but who else is there without a 'Superstar Shake-Up'?

Plus the whole 'Wrestlemania Backlash' PPV nonsense in 5 weeks, RAW is seriously seriously lacking in top calibre main event level faces.

I'd love Cesaro to show up and be pushed straight into a feud with Lashley for a couple of months tbh, I'm not sure where he goes from Seth on Smackdown other than back down the card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Orton?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Lord TSC wrote: »

I'm personally hoping Drew and Asuka are taking a break. The way they were beaten was just strange to me so I'm hoping it's because they're getting a well deserved holiday after their efforts over the past 12 months. They'll be much better off for it in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there a surprise return or call up?

I wonder what now for Priest with Bunny gone

Advertisement