Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Out of Season 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »
    What crazy weather!!

Indeed.

Since sitting down at my desk this morning we've had, wind, rain, hail, snow & now the sun is out and its quite calm!!

Typical Irish day really :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »

Indeed.

Since sitting down at my desk this morning we've had, wind, rain, hail, snow & now the sun is out and its quite calm!!

Typical Irish day really :D

The hailstones were so loud on the velux window during a call earlier I had to go on mute and shout when saying anything!

Saw dunnes stores mulled wine with their Christmas logo on the label on sale in dunnes blanchardstown yesterday. Obviously unsold stock from before Christmas but who's likely to buy it for Easter?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have Baileys both at Christmas, and Easter- but I wouldn't apply the same cross over logic to mulled wine!

I have Baileys both at Christmas, and Easter- but I wouldn't apply the same cross over logic to mulled wine!

Baileys all year round for us. We both love it.

• Advertisement

Just copped home alone 2 is on film 4 at 6.40 tonight... not to be confused with E4s monthly showing of home alone 1...

Just copped home alone 2 is on film 4 at 6.40 tonight... not to be confused with E4s monthly showing of home alone 1...

Just stuck this in the movies thread. Put it on just when Christmas song on as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Last Christmas was on Sky Movies last night and Trading Places was on BBC 2 on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Yankee Candle Alert!!!

Mr. Price in Ashbourne have the full size jar of Singing Carols at €17.99

Bought this one last year and it's lovely.... here's a description from a well-known YC site and it's pretty much accurate...

" A harmonious combination of fruit, evergreen and spice notes that create an Inspiring Christmas melody."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just stuck my head into the sitting room on the way past to make a cuppa and my 6 year old is in full Mrs. Claus fancy dress :D

• Advertisement

Nw0PYdP.jpg
    ighC8Vt.jpg
    pNB3GH8.jpg

These three arrived from Amazon on Saturday, delighted with them all, had been looking for some good historical ones re: Christmas & then came across the 'DO they know its christmas' one which sounds a good laugh and decided sod it... can never have too many christmas related books in your library!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Took the kids for a walk yesterday and happened upon a decorated Christmas Tree in the middle of the woods

Love it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Took the kids for a walk yesterday and happened upon a decorated Christmas Tree in the middle of the woods

Love it !

Reminded me of this advert

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115201232&postcount=113

It reminded me of the Spar Christmas tree advert. :)

Practiced Good King Wenceslas this afternoon on the piano, and I've learned the first page of Deck the Halls today.

I want to have a little repertoire built up by the time Christmas rolls around. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Practiced Good King Wenceslas this afternoon on the piano, and I've learned the first page of Deck the Halls today.

I want to have a little repertoire built up by the time Christmas rolls around. :)

That’s Posy booked as the entertainment for the boards Christmas meet up :D

Oh no, the pressure. :D

Loughc wrote: »
    That’s Posy booked as the entertainment for the boards Christmas meet up :D

When?? Where?? A ticket only affair :D
    Oh no, the pressure. :D

Which Christmas jumper to wear is real pressure :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    Which Christmas jumper to wear is real pressure :D

Fingers crossed next time we need to wear wooly jumpers it'll be the season to be jolly!:D

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed next time we need to wear wooly jumpers it'll be the season to be jolly!:D

They did say the temperature will drop back a bit in from tomorrow however don't think enough to break out the Christmas jumpers :D

Watched a bit of a Christmas episode of Everybody Loves Raymond about an hour ago. :)

Flicked on Film 4 i think it was and caught end of Daddys Home2 :)

Feels like a day in the build up with the weather so poor, so we decided to stick on a family film... klaus won the vote 3-1!!!

Feels like a day in the build up with the weather so poor, so we decided to stick on a family film... klaus won the vote 3-1!!!

Same here. We ended up watching 'The Star' on Amazon prime. A cartoon about the birth of Jesus. Was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I called in to my parents yesterday, who were watching The Sound of Music, which they usually only watch over Christmas. With the wind and rain howling outside, all that was missing was the fire and a tin of chocolates!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Someone dropped off a wedding gift to us in a Christmas gift bag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Christmas film on one of the movie channels today :)

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Christmas film on one of the movie channels today :)

Scrooged was on a movie channel I noticed last night. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement