Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rikand Walrus V2.0

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Rikand wrote: »
    If you dont know what electronic music is or are not sure, then just stay away from it. Pick the music that you like and know well that you feel fits the categories and go from there.

Oh sorry I wasnt asking for that reason.

I was just wondering if there were any particular bands I could look up just for myself. To find something new to listen too.

Definitely wouldn't be looking up a genre I don't know, to try find songs to submit. That would be way too stressful :D

& I'm submitting songs that are definitely not dance/electronic tracks !! :P

And most of all, Walrus is not about winning. its about introducing people to new music! Not just me, but everyone. We're all on a discovery to find something new or something we've forgotten about or something we just plain enjoy :D

Fully agree with this part.

I love finding a new tune from the Walruses. Even the weird and wacky ones :D

Like the Diane song I came across on boards too. The video is bonkers but I love the song!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I ended up deleting my post as I didnt want to dissuade you from looking up new artists but I see you are going to do that anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I ended up deleting my post as I didnt want to dissuade you from looking up new artists but I see you are going to do that anyway :D

I was wondering where your post went. Thought it was just a glith maybe.

I was ages with my post open because I got distracted mid way through writing as usual, so thats how I had the quote even though you deleted it ;)

Yeah I was just sniffing out something new to listen too. Think I might binge on some of The Prodigy. Now that I know how to describe their style of music :D

Entries in so far :: (8)

Necro
    ASLB
    ShaneU
    The Purple tin
    Sawduck
    Electric Nitwit
    osh
    SineadSpears

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

"5. A song that reminds you of a fantasy theme/setting"

If a song has more of a cyber punk feel to it Would you consider a cyber punk feel a fantasy setting ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

This took a while to pin down, categories 5 and 7 gave me a hard time.
    But finally in!!

"5. A song that reminds you of a fantasy theme/setting"

If a song has more of a cyber punk feel to it Would you consider a cyber punk feel a fantasy setting ?

Whatever fantasy feels to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Will do this, but only coming across it now. Is there a deadline.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fixXxer wrote:
    Will do this, but only coming across it now. Is there a deadline.

Rikand wrote:
    Signups open until the 19/3/21 - so thats 2 weeks to get entries in which i think is enough time - No limit on number of entries

:pac:

• Advertisement

What are you trying to say :pac:

Signups open until the 19/3/21 - so thats 2 weeks to get entries in which i think is enough time :) - No limit on number of entries

Signups extended to 26/3/21 because I wont be able to listen to anything properly between now and then :)

Entries in so far :: (10)

Necro
    ASLB
    ShaneU
    The Purple tin
    Sawduck
    Electric Nitwit
    osh
    SineadSpears
    Sephiroth_dude
    Irish Aris

I'm following the thread.

Will get a selection in at some stage :)

Entries in so far :: (11)

Necro
    ASLB
    ShaneU
    The Purple tin
    Sawduck
    Electric Nitwit
    osh
    SineadSpears
    Sephiroth_dude
    Irish Aris
    JP Liz V1

Liz is in now too and she needs to make some space in her box.... I mean, inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 84,983 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro
    ASLB
    ShaneU
    The Purple tin
    Sawduck
    Electric Nitwit
    osh
    SineadSpears
    Sephiroth_dude
    Irish Aris
    JP Liz V1

All Clean Now :D;)

Room Available

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    All Clean Now :D;)

Room Available

300px-KennethWilliams.jpg

Signups extended to 26/3/21 because I wont be able to listen to anything properly between now and then :)

Still on 11 entries. Would love to get to 15 but happy with the 11 I have. Still a few days to get these in. I'd like to get started at listening to these from Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Still on 11 entries. Would love to get to 15 but happy with the 11 I have. Still a few days to get these in. I'd like to get started at listening to these from Monday.

Ill throw one in

I'll get one done tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm in.

And arghus makes it 12!

I'm not going to start listening until monday so if anybody does want to turbo an entry in over the weekend, more than welcome to.

Planning to reveal one category per week and reveal nights will be planned well in advance. I'll give plenty of notice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I went for unlucky number 13 (assuming no one else got there before me) ;)

I always feel I've forgotten a great idea when I enter a walrus - like the perfect song is waiting for the deadline to pass so it can pop up and taunt me :D

ari101 wrote: »
    I went for unlucky number 13 (assuming no one else got there before me) ;)

I always feel I've forgotten a great idea when I enter a walrus - like the perfect song is waiting for the deadline to pass so it can pop up and taunt me :D

You were 14th

H2DPB was in before you :D

Just fired one off there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ill throw one in
    fixXxer wrote: »
    I'll get one done tonight!
    fixXxer wrote: »
    Just fired one off there!

f179faa83f54226bd5faa3a63082e677.jpg

I'm currently on xHamster to finish meself off, Purple Tin.

Randy bunch in this 'Forum Games'.

Final entrance list (15)

Necro
    ASLB
    ShaneU
    The Purple tin
    Sawduck
    Electric Nitwit
    osh
    SineadSpears
    Sephiroth_dude
    Irish Aris
    JP Liz V1
    Arghus
    H2DPB
    Ari101
    Fixxxer

Perfect number! Now to start listening to category 1. I'll Be in touch nearer the time with a cat1 reveal date :D

I have listened to every song once in cat 1. Well, I tell a lie. There is one song I didnt listen to at all as it is one of my least favourite songs of all time and I really didnt want to upset myself tonight, but the rest have all been listened to.

I do promise to give that song the requisite 3 listens at some point :)

I have a clear bottom 4 and a clear top 3 as things stand right now. But its early days yet and it's still all to play for. Someone has also submitted one of my favourite songs of all time. But will it win ?

• Advertisement

Reveal thread is up - First reveal to take place middle of the coming week. See you then !

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058174830

Advertisement