Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

So I ordered a Surface Pro 7 i5 (for a bargain price too of €650 with shipping) but when your used to Prime, a 37 day wait with only an automated email response every 3 days from "Markus" is ridiculous. That being said, if you are patient - you can get a great deal!

My advice is to ignore the eGlobal tracking, its completely fake updates at 12AM daily and is based on the date of the ID being generated into the URL (you can test this by changing the ID in the URL and checking it the next day. Your DPD tracking is the one you want to get (and wait on).

Dec 27th - Ordered
    Jan 6th - DPD tracking activated (Order information has been transmitted to DPD)
    Jan 13th - Dispatched (email alert from eGlobal)
    Jan 26th - In Transfer (Belgium)
    Jan 28th - In Transfer (Netherlands)
    Feb 1st - In Transfer (Athlone)
    Feb 2nd - Delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tomcorcoran

I ordered headphones from eglobal on 20th Jan, they were dispatched on the 25th and received this morning. I made the order before checking the reviews and got worried when i heard other peoples experiences but delivery was inside two weeks. Will know the quality of the goods this evening but happy enough to have received them for now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thinking about buying this, is €100 less than Harvey Norman and anyone else who sells here.

Will be the first time I've used them, sounds like PayPal protection covers any issues that could arise?

https://www.eglobalcentraleu.com/rie3of8i6tgcimb15u320pbfgjtd1ng1m.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAmfmABhCHARIsACwPRABjI6yFPpjeJurDRxp4IGnjEzUSAaOO7TSi9ftYeGnYZwOA8Uww__caAhbwEALw_wcB

Strangely the 2 reviews don't relate to the item and are from 2019, this model wasn't even out by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Immelman

blowin3 wrote: »
    Have you had any updates? I have had noting just that parcel in Holland since the 28th.
    Escalated case with PayPal on the 15/1 they keep on pushing out the date. Latest date on PayPal now 22/2. Majorly pissed off with Eglobal, GLS and PayPal never again

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Immelman wrote: »
    Escalated case with PayPal on the 15/1 they keep on pushing out the date. Latest date on PayPal now 22/2. Majorly pissed off with Eglobal, GLS and PayPal never again
    Sorry to hear that. I had thought about buying a new lens but not worth the risk even though all went ok for me. Hopefully you will get sorted soon.

• Advertisement

PayPal have denied my claim saying that the vendor provided them proof of delivery. When I open the link they provided they are still out for delivery since 23/12. To take the biscuit I even sent PayPal a email that I received from GLS that my package was officially lost I am so pissed with them all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Immelman wrote: »
    PayPal have denied my claim saying that the vendor provided them proof of delivery. When I open the link they provided they are still out for delivery since 23/12. To take the biscuit I even sent PayPal a email that I received from GLS that my package was officially lost I am so pissed with them all

Then it's up to GLS insurance to sort you,fierce unlucky boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

I gather that eGlobal's own tracking is complete nonsense. Have an order at 'Preadvice' stage with GLS, any experience with how long it takes for them to actually hand over the package? Seven days and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

Unfortunately I'm in a situation fighting with eGlobalcentral for a refund for couple of items worth €240 in total (incl. insurance!). The GLS tracking number shows the parcel to be "stuck" in Carvin/France since January the 19th:eek:.
    And absolutely no movement on it since. Opened up PayPal claim first on 22nd of February (yes, I'm a very patient person!), no response from eGlobal whatsoever. So waited for another two weeks and escalated the case to PayPal. EGlobal came back with a tracking link as a response:rolleyes:

PayPal currently keeps pushing the resolution date, as of today 21st of March expected to be case closed.

I also rang GLS Ireland and they confirmed the package has never landed in Ireland and might be more than likely a LOST ITEM case.

EGlobal order changed to PayPal reversed in the meantime. Does that mean I will get the money back? Also did anybody else dealing with eGlobal go through a lengthy refund process happening as well?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pxddy

I have ordered Samsung Galaxy s20 plus from eglobal eu
    They showed tracking on their website till when parcel reached in Europe. After that it was linked to GLS and now it's 3rd day today it is stuck in Carvin, France.
    18/03/2021 08:57
    The parcel has reached the parcel center.
    France CARVIN
    18/03/2021 05:15
    France CARVIN
    The parcel has left the parcel center.
    France CARVIN
    17/03/2021 04:47
    France CARVIN
    France CARVIN
    16/03/2021 17:39
    France CARVIN
    15/03/2021 22:10
    Netherlands
    15/03/2021 22:09
    The parcel was handed over to GLS.
    Netherlands
    09/03/2021 07:15
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

• Advertisement

Pxddy wrote: »
    I have ordered Samsung Galaxy s20 plus from eglobal eu
    They showed tracking on their website till when parcel reached in Europe. After that it was linked to GLS and now it's 3rd day today it is stuck in Carvin, France.
    18/03/2021 08:57
    France CARVIN
    France CARVIN
    France CARVIN
    France CARVIN
    France CARVIN
    16/03/2021 17:39
    France CARVIN
    15/03/2021 22:10
    Netherlands
    15/03/2021 22:09
    The parcel was handed over to GLS.
    Netherlands
    09/03/2021 07:15
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

I'd say you are still fine and all you can do is to keep waiting. Give it at least a full week, perhaps even 2 weeks for the next update to go through. EGlobalcentral can be slow...very slow.

My cargo's been stuck in Carvin since January the 19th 2021... and still no PayPal refund:pac: PayPal pushed the estimated case closure to 25th of March. I don't like it a bit:/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It's been a while since I've been in the Photography forum. What's the state of play with E Global these days? Is E-Infinity still the better bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    It's been a while since I've been in the Photography forum. What's the state of play with E Global these days? Is E-Infinity still the better bet?

Never mind, think I'll go with Panamoz as it turns out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Can someone please remind me of the name of the Dutch-based company that does similar cut price gear to Eglobal?

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Dinarius wrote: »
    Can someone please remind me of the name of the Dutch-based company that does similar cut price gear to Eglobal?

Thanks.

D.

Is it Belsimpel? Although they're not always as cheap as Eglobal.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Amik

Has anyone dealt with eGlobalCentral when it comes to warranty returns?

My camera malfunctioned and I contacted the manufacturer. They agreed the camera requires repair under warranty but I need to arrange it through eglobalcentral who want me to send it to Hong Kong.

Do they not have a presence in the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Amik wrote:
    My camera malfunctioned and I contacted the manufacturer. They agreed the camera requires repair under warranty but I need to arrange it through eglobalcentral who want me to send it to Hong Kong.

That's the risk one takes when buying "grey market" goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Amik

Heebie wrote: »
    That's the risk one takes when buying "grey market" goods.

Very true. I think it's unfair they can brand themselves eGlobal Central EU without an actual presence here.

https://www.eglobalcentraleu.com/

Thought I'd share my ongoing PayPal refund torture from eGlobal central. So believe or not PayPal just got back to me, the buyer looking for another evidence, lemme quote here: the proof of shipment showing item received:eek:

PayPal now says that eGlobal Central provided them with good enough evidence that the they shipped the item. At no point did I question that, but OK:pac:.

The tracking information clearly states, on both GLS Group EU website and Netherlands GLS website that the item's last known location was on January 19th(!) in Lille/Carvin in France.

How exactly am I supposed to provide a proof of shipment showing item received when it hasn't been received in 1st place!?

Fun fact: I've paid the extra fee for eGlobal's Insured Economy Shipping in case the item purchased gets delivered damaged/not as described/missing parts or ... wait for it... if it gets lost in transit. I purchased the thing on December 27th 2020. Four months later: no item, no refund.

I must wonder what is PayPal's protection good for then:mad: I mean even rang GLS Ireland and their agent confirmed (over the phone) the item never landed in the country!

Anyway, I shall hear from PayPal within the next 3 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Oletimer

Do not give up. Stick with it. PayPal will come good in the end.

I had the same experience dealing with that Chinese company, based in Hong Kong that I railed against having bought a lens from them on Black Friday November.

For some weird reason, PayPal charged me £12 claiming that TobyDeals-UK had not received a final instalment as part of their Pay in 3 scheme. After blowing my top at them, showing them evidence, they refunded that charge.

• Advertisement

Oletimer wrote: »
    Do not give up. Stick with it. PayPal will come good in the end.

I had the same experience dealing with that Chinese company, based in Hong Kong that I railed against having bought a lens from them on Black Friday November.

For some weird reason, PayPal charged me £12 claiming that TobyDeals-UK had not received a final instalment as part of their Pay in 3 scheme. After blowing my top at them, showing them evidence, they refunded that charge.

Thanks for your kind support:). It's a nightmare, so it is. Mind to share what kind of evidence did you actually have to use to win the PayPal claim in your favour? Because my only evidence is GLS website tracking information, which PayPal seems to believe as if the bloody thing from eGlobal got delivered. But it's crystal clear from the tracking progress that it got stuck in France more than 60 days ago:(

As the item I purchased, a lens, was bought under the PayPal-offered Pay in 3 scheme, which was linked to my Debit Card, after 2 instalments,when the Chinese company claimed they had not received the 3rd and final instalment, PayPal instantly took their side.

I threatened to take PayPal to the Financial Services Authority by producing a snapshot of the actual debit card deduction from my bank.

That made PayPal backtrack and they made the refund. Hope this helps you.

Oletimer wrote: »
    As the item I purchased, a lens, was bought under the PayPal-offered Pay in 3 scheme, which was linked to my Debit Card, after 2 instalments,when the Chinese company claimed they had not received the 3rd and final instalment, PayPal instantly took their side.

I threatened to take PayPal to the Financial Services Authority by producing a snapshot of the actual debit card deduction from my bank.

That made PayPal backtrack and they made the refund. Hope this helps you.

Ah alright. I'm in a different position, but another ex eGlobal buyer positive feedback experience gives me some hope for winning the claim. Fingers crossed:o

FINAL UPDATE:
    Right so, just a quick note here - PayPal's decided in my favour today. I'm relieved, there was €240 at stake. Had to do a good bit to get there. Quoted eGlobal Central website on their insurance policy, provided GLS EU and Netherlands tracking links as circumstantial evidence. Seems like that did the trick. So yeah, after more than 120 days, it's all good again:p

versager wrote: »
    Thanks for your kind support:). It's a nightmare, so it is. Mind to share what kind of evidence did you actually have to use to win the PayPal claim in your favour? Because my only evidence is GLS website tracking information, which PayPal seems to believe as if the bloody thing from eGlobal got delivered. But it's crystal clear from the tracking progress that it got stuck in France more than 60 days ago:(

Exact same thing happened to me nearly verbatim. PayPal washed their hands after providing information that package was never delivered lost by GLS said info provided by EGlobal was good enough. Long story short after contacting my bank and having the same evidence that I sent to PayPal I got confirmation from my bank that I am getting a chargeback on my credit card note this has to be done within 4 months of purchase. So finally 6 months later money back in my account. EGlobal went to ground after I opened up a case NEVER AGAIN will I purchase from eGlobal

What a good salutary lesson to all, and thanks to all the posts warning to steer away from eGlobal.

Likewise, I add, be aware how eBay adds its own Seller Feedback in between asking Buyers for Feedback when purchases are made. In March 2021, I ordered a wireless remote control for my Nikon system, an alternative to Nikon's own branded remote, which is very expensive, so got it from a Korean seller on eBay.

They took even longer than Hong Kong-based and China-based dealers, as it took them over 2 months to deliver a small package. When I went to add a negative Feedback, lo and behold, eBay have added their own glowing Feedback to sweeten a Seller !!:mad:

So, beware of eBay buffing up dodgy Sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

I see they have closed down,I'm waiting on an order from them

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

I have placed many orders over the years.
    Never had a problem.
    Just email them at: support@eglobalcentraleu.com.
    They will send your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

chrisire wrote: »

I see they have closed down,I'm waiting on an order from them

Yeah, I too am waiting on an order. I emailed them 2 days ago and yet to hear back. I've ordered from them in the past without issue. Hope I don't have an issue this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Yeah, I too am waiting on an order. I emailed them 2 days ago and yet to hear back. I've ordered from them in the past without issue. Hope I don't have an issue this time.

No reply to my email either but this morning i got a tracking number for ups from them so it all looks good now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

chrisire wrote: »
    No reply to my email either but this morning i got a tracking number for ups from them so it all looks good now

That's good to hear. Thanks for the update.

Advertisement