Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Exhaust upgrade and insurance

• 20-03-2021 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hey all,

Disclaimer: i know the answer to any specific questions is "ask your insurer" or "ring around and find out". I'm not asking about specific prices for me, just peoples experiences.

Modified/custom exhausts/aftermarket exhausts:

1. How did they affect you getting an insurance quote? Denied quotes etc? Most policy's have assumptions that the car is not modified in any way etc etc.

2. If you did get a policy, how much did the price go up from the standard car? (Let's face it, it didn't go down)

I'm genuinely curious about modified cars and insurance as there are loads of garages around the country constantly pumping out stainless exhausts or downpipes etc. Every second car at any car meet has custom work done. I don't want to assume all these people are just not saying anything to the insurer, but I feel that may be the case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

I had an Aristo about eight years ago with light mods. Coilovers, exhaust and induction kit were easy to add with Liberty back then.

I don't know how much the exhaust on its own was. I think the three mods mentioned were under €200 ( I think maybe €160). I was told they wouldn't cover any turbo upgrades or changing the Ecu.

When an online quote is rejected, certain insurers will help if you ring. Some brokers can be great too.

Advertisement