Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jcb 3cx v Cat 428

• 26-05-2019 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been looking around for a good 2nd hand 3cx,ive seen alot of piles of scrap to be honest, it seems nearly all the decent stuff is gone for export for some reason,?.....anyway,I came across a cat 428 in UK.. has anyone here drove them or know a bit about them,how would it compare to a jcb 3cx...I haven't seen many caterpillars around,any advice appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bones6

blonde10 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've been looking around for a good 2nd hand 3cx,ive seen alot of piles of scrap to be honest, it seems nearly all the decent stuff is gone for export for some reason,?.....anyway,I came across a cat 428 in UK.. has anyone here drove them or know a bit about them,how would it compare to a jcb 3cx...I haven't seen many caterpillars around,any advice appreciated

Thanks

I know it's an old thread but it may be of use to someone in the future. I looked at both the 3CX and CAT 428 backhoes and went for the 428. As with most CAT equipment it is a very well built machine. They don't skimp on the steel. I found the 3CX's I looked at were all rusting through on the cabs, engine panels, etc. The 428 is a nice machine to drive with some nice additions on a machine like return to dig level on the loader and a built in ether injection system for starting on the cold mornings which works very well. The only downside is due to them being less prevalent there's less second hand spares available should you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BillyFord

Agree with that Re 3cx, prone to rust around loader cab etc, advantage of JCB lots of parts easily available. Don't know much about the CAT 428.

Advertisement