Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glenary Village

• 26-01-2021 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Myself and my partner are based in Clonmel Co Tipperary and for for the past few months have been hiking up on the Comeraghs trying to find Glenary Village to no avail. We’ve gotten tips from plenty of people as to its approximate location but are still struggling to find it. It’s almost like looking for the lost city of Atlantis now lol. Just wondering if anyone has been there or would have directions on how to get to it?

Any help is greatly appreciated at this stage as we’re to the point of giving up 😂

Intrepid explorer ðŸ˜

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

bombs away wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Myself and my partner are based in Clonmel Co Tipperary and for for the past few months have been hiking up on the Comeraghs trying to find Glenary Village to no avail. We’ve gotten tips from plenty of people as to its approximate location but are still struggling to find it. It’s almost like looking for the lost city of Atlantis now lol. Just wondering if anyone has been there or would have directions on how to get to it?

Any help is greatly appreciated at this stage as we’re to the point of giving up ��

Intrepid explorer ðŸ˜

If you have an irish times subscription they have a John O Dwyer article about a walk in that area.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/into-a-land-that-time-forgot-1.743566

Im not sure if that's behind their paywall or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If you have an irish times subscription they have a John O Dwyer article about a walk in that area.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/into-a-land-that-time-forgot-1.743566
    (mod snip) We can't be posting articles from behind a paywall unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I'm behind their paywall :)

So am I, that’s why I didn’t know if it was open to all. I just didn’t want to post it and have the mods come along and delete it cos of the wall

Grid Ref is S 20753 19199

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

Thanks to everyone for posting, we really appreciate it especially the grid reference. Pencilled in for next weekend, we’ll take some pics and post them here if or when we find it ðŸ˜.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 BikerOnTheBack

bombs away wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for posting, we really appreciate it especially the grid reference. Pencilled in for next weekend, we’ll take some pics and post them here if or when we find it ðŸ˜.

I don't know if you've found it, but I live fairly near it and have been there a few times. Give me a shout if you'd like me to show you the route.

Advertisement