Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do Singing Lessons actually work ??

• 27-10-2020 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi sorry if this is not the right place to post this question , but for the past couple of years I have had an interest to take up singing and almost signed up for singing lessons before the pandemic started , but I am wondering for those who took or you are taking singing lessons do they actually help for someone to become a better singer ?

I have tried to see how drastic of a change a person voice changes with proper practice by watching singing transformation videos on Youtube/Instagram but it left me with so much unanswered questions , since alot of people who were showing off their transformation already sounded amazing to me from day 1 .

So my question is towards you guys. what benefits can one expect from taking singing lessons ? If one doesnt have a pleasant singing tone can this be changed ? also is it possible to increase ones range with enough drills and practice ?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barg

Hello. I started singing lessons in May 2020, partly because I was laid off from work and looking to fill my time but mostly because I had planned on taking them anyway. Prior to this I would say that I was an OK singer. I had and have a pretty good ear but often my abilities would betray me and lose power in the higher notes. So I began taking lessons which targeted the transition between my chest voice and head voice, essentially strengthening the latter and getting away from that thin, wispy falsetto to a more powerful, full tone. My teacher is very good and I have made excellent progress. In my opinion anyway! I am currently recording a hard rock record and the final stage of the recording process will be the vocals, so I'm hoping to be ready in about 3-4months. The lessons are 1 to 1 so they are bespoke to what I am trying to achieve and that has helped a lot. I could never get any distortion in my singing but with some simple techniques and loads of practice, it's sounding a lot meatier. If you have a goal in mind e.g. recording a demo, starting a band, playing a gig etc. then I would definitely recommend getting a good singing teacher. You will 100% see the results if you're willing to practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SCosmic

Hi Arcadeheroes,

Well, if you are thinking of it, it is best simply to try it out and see. You will definitely won't achieve any reasonable results by doing it by yourself, I mean without vocal coach or singing teacher. I had also similar thoughts myself until I dared to try. I tried out JC Singing Studio here in Dublin (Lucan) where I live and I found it to be great. Check out below if you still did not find anything and still thinking of it. Jurgita is great in what she does.

www.jcsingingstudio.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

One hundred percent yes. But unfortunately it's like the gym or anything like that, it will take some time before you start to see the results. Few months though and you will notice it

Advertisement