Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is sunlight still beneficial through a window?

• 02-01-2021 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Are serotonin and other benefits of sunlight (circadian rhythm, etc.) still there when it shines through a window?

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Glass blocks UV so less sunburn, tanning and Vitamin-D
    And blocks Infra red because of the whole greenhouse effect thing.

But you still get the brightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Worztron

I ask as my canteen at work has large windows and faces the south and we get plenty of sunlight coming in. My lunch breaks are very short so I'm wondering if I need to rush out to get a couple of minutes of sun or is there benefit enough by just staying put?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Worztron wrote: »
    I ask as my canteen at work has large windows and faces the south and we get plenty of sunlight coming in. My lunch breaks are very short so I'm wondering if I need to rush out to get a couple of minutes of sun or is there benefit enough by just staying put?

Take some good quality vitamin d. Minimum 5000 iu

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Worztron

Take some good quality vitamin d. Minimum 5000 iu

I already do - 2500 IU, daily, for years. It's not the vitamin D that I'm too fussed about though - it's the other benefits of sunlight that I also want.

Advertisement