Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 256 FIG V MORENO

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah it's just his way of fighting, on the edge all the time but gifted in every facet.

If he was gifted, he wouldn’t be getting hit so easily and losing rounds so regularly.

I’d be surprised if he walks away. Who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Mellor wrote: »
    Iaquinta isn't a championship level fighter.
    Neither is Kevin Lee. I think Tony only scrapped past him, also look flakey at time vrs Lando. :rolleyes:

Exactly. It was a joke when Khabib won a belt against a non championship level fighter, but fine for Tony for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I was shocked at how well Moreno did.
    I knew he was tough but that was about all he had going
    for him I thought.

I remember when he lost to pantoja and pettis, didn't look great at all.
    I really didn't think had that kind of performance in him.

What a great guy though and a class act! You'd have to root for him, never seen
    a guy so humble and joyful after coming so close except maybe wonderboy.

derfderf wrote: »
    Exactly. It was a joke when Khabib won a belt against a non championship level fighter, but fine for Tony for some reason.

Khabib won THE championship belt.
    Tony won an interim. The different levels of :rolleyes: are purely down to the difference in the best. Basically interims aren't taken seriously.

Mellor wrote: »
    Khabib won THE championship belt.
    Tony won an interim. The different levels of :rolleyes: are purely down to the difference in the best. Basically interims aren't taken seriously.

Fair point. It's a bit silly though. The only difference between the relevance of each fight was that they decided to strip Conor at point B, not point A. Both fights were supposed to be Tony vs Khabib, and Tony's injury was the more unfortunately timed one in the end.

I still think if they stripped Conor earlier, and Tony was promoted to full champ, he still wouldn't have received as many :rolleyes: Khabib has.

• Advertisement

I may have taken him up wrong, but was Dana basically saying getting rid of Mighty Mouse is what saved the flyweight division?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I may have taken him up wrong, but was Dana basically saying getting rid of Mighty Mouse is what saved the flyweight division?

That's what I thought he was getting at too.

Fair point. It's a bit silly though. The only difference between the relevance of each fight was that they decided to strip Conor at point B, not point A. Both fights were supposed to be Tony vs Khabib, and Tony's injury was the more unfortunately timed one in the end.

I still think if they stripped Conor earlier, and Tony was promoted to full champ, he still wouldn't have received as many :rolleyes: Khabib has.

If Khabib beat Iaquinta for an interim nobody would mention Al not being champ level.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

it's a pity mighty mouse isn't there now

fig v mm would be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Good fight, Im not sure about the "fight of the year" though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Good fight, Im not sure about the "fight of the year" though.

If the last round had kept the tempo of previous rounds it was definitely up there. It doesn't beat Joanna v Weili Zhang for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Tony's a gas man, puts out a post that starts with no excuses then proceeds to make excuses, the main one being that the warm up time is to short since covid :pac: called charles a wet blanket too, his social media rants do him more harm than good.

He needs a proper coach and a proper team behind him by the looks of things, he's bragging about putting a team together in three weeks for the fight, nearly mike perry levels of prep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

Just watched . What a furrrking main event !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

They successfully robbed him in his last fight then gave him the boot. THey never valued him, which is fairly ****ty, given how excellent he is.

Advertisement