Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Public Tennis Courts in Cork ?

• 03-03-2008 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Am a member in a club in Clare but work in Cork quite a bit and was looking to play a few friends. Any idea where I could rent a court ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Need more details. Where abouts in Cork would suit? I know quite a few clubs around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Well I stay in the Wilton area but I'd be prepared to travel.

Was on to tennis village but cost is 25 euro an hour for indoor courts and outdoor courts have no lights which is pretty useless for another few months.

So any thoughts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Closest court to Wilton would be Bishopstown Tennis Club, and then you'd be looking at Douglas Tennis Club. Both are private membership but they may offer green fees, which would be far less expensive than the Tennis Village.

You're also looking at Ballinlough Tennis Club which wouldn't be too far away from you.

Sundays Well Boating and Tennis Club is another option for you.

You will get a full list of clubs in Munster here:

http://www.tennisireland.ie/clubs_munster.htm

Just do a search within that page for "Cork" and you will find your list - there's plenty of clubs in and around Cork city so I'm sure you will find one. I'm a member in Kilworth and Rushbrooke tennis clubs, and I play almost all of the club opens in Cork. If you ever need a reference give me a shout, as some of the clubs may know my real name [for better or worse :D].

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Thanks for that...bound to find something in that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shergar1983

hi, i am looking to join a tennis club in cork city that would have a a good ladder system, comps, young membership and good fun. Which club would you recommend?

Thanks

Closest court to Wilton would be Bishopstown Tennis Club, and then you'd be looking at Douglas Tennis Club. Both are private membership but they may offer green fees, which would be far less expensive than the Tennis Village.

You're also looking at Ballinlough Tennis Club which wouldn't be too far away from you.

Sundays Well Boating and Tennis Club is another option for you.

You will get a full list of clubs in Munster here:

http://www.tennisireland.ie/clubs_munster.htm

Just do a search within that page for "Cork" and you will find your list - there's plenty of clubs in and around Cork city so I'm sure you will find one. I'm a member in Kilworth and Rushbrooke tennis clubs, and I play almost all of the club opens in Cork. If you ever need a reference give me a shout, as some of the clubs may know my real name [for better or worse :D].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭GarMani

Now that the Sports Village is "Closed, Re-opening soon", are there any indoor courts we could use anywhere in or near Cork city? I'd prefer not to join a club, as I'll be away a bit and probably wouldn't get value for it.
    Thanks,
    Gary

Excuse my vague descriptions here: I've just been brought to these places by a friend:

There are cheap outdoor tarmac courts in the park opposite Lidl in Togher. Quite good condition.

Garyduff pitch and putt course beyond Rochestown has 3 artificial outdoor courts.

There is a sports centre on the Northside of Cork City, about half a mile West of Dillon's cross. Many artificial outdoor tennis and soccer courts.

I'm looking forward to the day I can hire an indoor court again.

Model Farm Road is the address.
    They've similar prices for tennis court hire to the previous owners, but have membership for 100 euro for 6 months and 175 for a year. I think this includes full gym access too, but don't know if that includes soccer.
    Members have to pay 4 euro per hour for lights on tennis courts..that's all indoor games and outdoor at night

That membership includes Gym, but not the soccer. If you're playing with non-members, the court is given at a discount...I played outdoors with 3 non members and the court cost €10 instead of €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Federer

Do they offer tennis lessons as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 gmsu

Hi,
    Can you go there by bus???

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cudsy1

bump, ive rang glen centre and ursulines, no joy, togher closed for the month, garryduff not open semingly

Advertisement