Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tt Bike for 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

New Canyon speedmax launching Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

tunney wrote: »
    New Canyon speedmax launching Tuesday.

if it was me i would think the orbea ordu is the faster bike in the sub 5 cat and you get it with dealer support if your are not a mechanic.

the top cannyon on the other hand is not bad at all. the old cannyon was average in the aero department this one is up there with the fastest and potoentially even a bit faster if the numbers are not over fabricated...

the irony the old canyons would have fitted me but were slower than my 2010 cervelo this bike is faster but now to short for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Waited eagerly for the Canyon release but am not overly impressed with them. Would probably have to pop at the Ultegra di2 in mint green for 5800 which is a bit too much for me (considering how unfit I’ve got it would also be bit embarrassing)

Going to see if I can find a bike shop stocking Orca Ordu.

Btw, slightly off topic but anyone recommend a good bike fitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Cona wrote: »
    Waited eagerly for the Canyon release but am not overly impressed with them. Would probably have to pop at the Ultegra di2 in mint green for 5800 which is a bit too much for me (considering how unfit I’ve got it would also be bit embarrassing)

Either Aidan Hammond or Dom in base2race

Cona wrote: »

i had looked into the bike for an athlete of mine you wont see anything before january and most sizes more like march from what i have seen

• Advertisement

Plenty of time for when the races start again in 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

The cervelo p series disc look nice and are available at the 3 different price points. I think you’d get a P3 around the €5k price point? Depreciation might not be quite as disastrous either 🀪
    Plenty of local bike shops do cervelo also.

StaggerLee wrote: »
    The cervelo p series disc look nice and are available at the 3 different price points. I think you’d get a P3 around the €5k price point? Depreciation might not be quite as disastrous either ��
    Plenty of local bike shops do cervelo also.

I have read about huge quality issues in Cervelo production in recent times. I have a P2c and thought would replace with a Cervelo but not after what I have read.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

I have read about huge quality issues in Cervelo production in recent times. I have a P2c and thought would replace with a Cervelo but not after what I have read.

Thanks for info, luckily I’m not in the market for a new TT

which tt bike recently released by cervelo had huge quality issues in your opinion
    2009 p4 is the only that would come to mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Bambaata

This the Hambini review on current Cervelos? https://www.hambini.com/hambini-roasts-cervelo/

At this point though i dont know who he says are any use, seems to have issue with all bike brands

i guess you can put this guy somewhere in the trump league when it comes to fake news.
    i have an aerocoach wheel and iam very sure iam not losing 15en watts ... in my own testing it relegated a zipp 808 wheel into a wheel that is for sale . which would also be confirmed by a few other tests i have seen, especially with the tyre i use.

i do not think going to threadless bottom brackets was a good idea by the industry ,at all , but id like to see more evidence than this troll that cervelo has huge quality issues with its tt bike .

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭S_D

peter kern wrote: »
    i guess you can put this guy somewhere in the trump league when it comes to fake news.
    i have an aerocoach wheel and iam very sure iam not losing 15en watts ... in my own testing it relegated a zipp 808 wheel into a wheel that is for sale . which would also be confirmed by a few other tests i have seen, especially with the tyre i use.

i do not think going to threadless bottom brackets was a good idea by the industry ,at all , but id like to see more evidence than this troll that cervelo has huge quality issues with its tt bike .

what tyre are you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭S_D

Plenty of time for when the races start again in 2022.

You should aim for 2021! Plenty of races will go ahead :)

Advertisement