Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drill Music

• 23-08-2020 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Iv tried adding URLs but can’t as I’m a new user..
    Just type in Irish drill to youtube and you’ll find hundreds of videos relating to what I’m on about below.

Well this music is getting very very popular over here the last couple of years.. It’s also being linked to the rise in gang related violence and knife crime in England, were essentially kids are making tracks to antagonise each other or “opposition gang members. It’s basically war based on nothing more than your postcode (street residence) and drugs. These kids are being desensitised to extreme violence. As this music grows bigger and gets more popular, and the gangs make more music to entice each other I can see the same happening here soon.. it already is.. ie balbriggan..small minority at the moment but it’s all over the country they’re doing this and I just hope it doesn’t go the way it has in the UK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭pgj2015

AnnieOaks wrote: »
    Iv tried adding URLs but can’t as I’m a new user..
    Just type in Irish drill to youtube and you’ll find hundreds of videos relating to what I’m on about below.

Well this music is getting very very popular over here the last couple of years.. It’s also being linked to the rise in gang related violence and knife crime in England, were essentially kids are making tracks to antagonise each other or “opposition gang members. It’s basically war based on nothing more than your postcode (street residence) and drugs. These kids are being desensitised to extreme violence. As this music grows bigger and gets more popular, and the gangs make more music to entice each other I can see the same happening here soon.. it already is.. ie balbriggan..small minority at the moment but it’s all over the country they’re doing this and I just hope it doesn’t go the way it has in the UK.

music doesn't make someone stick a knife in someone, a scumbag will be a scumbag even if he/she listens to irish trad music.
    I like rap music and drill but Irish lads using british slang is cringy, they should use their own slang words, if you a dub use dublin slang, if your from cork use cork slang etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AnnieOaks

pgj2015 wrote: »
    music doesn't make someone stick a knife in someone, a scumbag will be a scumbag even if he/she listens to irish trad music.
    I like rap music and drill but Irish lads using british slang is cringy, they should use their own slang words, if you a dub use dublin slang, if your from cork use cork slang etc.

While I do agree slightly, it’s the scummers that seem to be making this music so generally they’ll start stabbing each other soon enough. Ye it’s very cringe to watch tbh using British slang. But would you not agree that rapping about stabbing someone could in turn get them stabbed? That is the point of some of these songs literally to antagonise each other till something happens.. look at the uk London has a seriously bad problem with this **** at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭pgj2015

AnnieOaks wrote: »
    While I do agree slightly, it’s the scummers that seem to be making this music so generally they’ll start stabbing each other soon enough. Ye it’s very cringe to watch tbh using British slang. But would you not agree that rapping about stabbing someone could in turn get them stabbed? That is the point of some of these songs literally to antagonise each other till something happens.. look at the uk London has a seriously bad problem with this **** at the moment

The point of the songs is so they can get famous and make money, I doubt the main reason is to have a go at another rapper or rap group. most of it is all for show, you have middle class 14 year olds raping about stabbing or shooting someone, the only shooting they are doing is on xbox.

Advertisement