Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Playoffs 2016

• 12-04-2016 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

So... new to the boards here(moved here from Canada about a year and a half ago) finally found a hockey posting... but seems like not too many here. Anyways, what is everyone thinking for this year's playoffs?
    Tampa is missing key players and I think Washington has a great chance in the East. I think the West comes down to the reigning camps the Blackhawks and the LA Kings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Hawks to be the first team to repeat but I am biased. Some game games in the first round though, Hawks/Blues is going to be a cracking series. Hard to see past Washington in the east but the west is less clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

nhl-playoff-bracket.jpg

some interesting first round matchups this year...

my predictions are:

stars to win in 4, Minnesota might sneak one!
    blues in 7, cant wait for this series...
    ducks in 6,
    kings in 6

caps to be philly in 6,
    pens to beat the rangers in 5,
    islanders to beat florida in 7,
    tampa in 7 maybe, hard to call this one...

I think the kings and the caps will make it to the finals, with the kings to win it outright in a tight series!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RazorMcBlade

My first round looks like this:
    West:
    Dallas to win in 5 games
    Blackhawks to win in 6 games
    Ducks to win in 5 games
    Kings to win in 6 games

East:
    Caps sweep Flyers in 4 games
    Rangers to win in 6 games
    Florida to win in 6 games
    Lighting to win in 6 games

well the west isn't going as expected at all, Anaheim and LA both losing both games at home! two best series are the islanders-panthers and Detroit and Tampa! Pittsburgh and NY/st Louis and Chicago are interesting as well

Yeah, West is so weird. Although I will say San Jose's record at home was REALLY bad all season long. So if LA can win both in San Jose (1 down), then they need to win at least one at home and they can still get past the Sharks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I can't see the Rangers getting the better of the Caps, sadly. Another season will be over in a game or two, I fear.

Bit late but I predict the following :

Stars in 5
    Blues in 5
    Ducks in 6
    Sharks in 6

Caps in 4
    Pens in 6
    Islanders 7
    Tampa in 6

Well I had a horrible first round, went 3 - 5, so here are my 2nd Round Predictions... that I have absolutely no faith in lol

Western Conference
    St. Louis Blues(2) at Dallas Stars(1) - Blues in 7
    Nashville Predators(WC) at San Jose Sharks(3) - Sharks in 6

Eastern Conference
    Pittsburgh Penguins(2) at Washington Capitals(1) - Capitals in 6
    New York Islanders(WC) at Tampa Bay Lightning(2) - Lightning in 7

the only one of these series that doesn't really peek my interest is the sharks-preds...

pens-caps and blues-stars should be unreal... sid vs ovi again, cant see this series not going to game 7...

being an islanders fan, I think they can beat tampa, but if stamkos comes back it could go the distance... greiss and Tavares have been unbelievable so far and they picked up a big win away last night, granted bishop was terrible and that (likely) wont happen again!

ill say Nashville, st Louis, Pittsburgh and the islanders to advance!

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    the only one of these series that doesn't really peek my interest is the sharks-preds...

pens-caps and blues-stars should be unreal... sid vs ovi again, cant see this series not going to game 7...

being an islanders fan, I think they can beat tampa, but if stamkos comes back it could go the distance... greiss and Tavares have been unbelievable so far and they picked up a big win away last night, granted bishop was terrible and that (likely) wont happen again!

ill say Nashville, st Louis, Pittsburgh and the islanders to advance!

I'd go for Sharks, St Louis, Caps and Islanders myself. I think the Caps will get by the Pens in 5 or 6 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I know this isn't the most active of forums but surprised nobody has posted at all about the stanley cup finals. It's been an interesting series and the last have was fantastic stuff I thought. Think if the sharks can come back from 3-1 and level it it would be incredible, and would expect them to win it with that momentum. I think they'll do it. Starting in a few minutes with a home win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

I know this isn't the most active of forums but surprised nobody has posted at all about the stanley cup finals. It's been an interesting series and the last have was fantastic stuff I thought. Think if the sharks can come back from 3-1 and level it it would be incredible, and would expect them to win it with that momentum. I think they'll do it. Starting in a few minutes with a home win.

Really seal Sydney's position in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Really seal Sydney's position in the game

So much for my prediction abilities, but that was some performance alright

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Anyone know a bar where they will show the playoffs?
    Its been a great season for Leaf-haters. Again.

Sens T-shirt resurrect today. Woo-hoo!!!

Anyone know a bar where they will show the playoffs?
    Its been a great season for Leaf-haters. Again.

Sens T-shirt resurrect today. Woo-hoo!!!

Where are you based?

Mt. Merrion

Online (NHL TV) or Premier Sports are your only options given the time of the games. The Woolshed beside the Ilac centre will show hockey, if the games are on during opening hours but you'll probably have to ask them to put it on.

I bought NHL.TV to watch the Sens-Pens game last night and after paying $30, it looks like it is subject to blackout. I SHOUD HAVE REA THE SMAL PRINT.
    Dont buy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Glad the Caps won in the end. As a Jets fan, delighted with our season.

Advertisement