Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toppings for shredded wheat or weetabix

• 10-04-2021 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    When eating SW or Weetabix I put pumpkin and/or chia seeds, sunflower seeds.
    Someone said in moderation as they're high in fats...

What else healthy could I use pearl barley, quinoa, flax seeds (do they need to be crushed,i don't think so but someone mentioned they should), sesame? Are all of these OK to be rated like this? They're all healthy stuff so adding them would have benefits.
    Anything else, besides fruits?
    Thanks,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭2 fast

Flax seeds you can buy crushed.

Honey

You can put anything in with them just trial n error

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    When eating SW or Weetabix I put pumpkin and/or chia seeds, sunflower seeds.
    Someone said in moderation as they're high in fats...

What else healthy could I use pearl barley, quinoa, flax seeds (do they need to be crushed,i don't think so but someone mentioned they should), sesame? Are all of these OK to be rated like this? They're all healthy stuff so adding them would have benefits.
    Anything else, besides fruits?
    Thanks,
    Pa

How much are you putting on?

As was said, use in moderation and its fine. The same applies for the alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

I have 1+1/2 with oat milk, chopped banana, honey and raisins.

Porridge as well, so delicious and keeps me full from 7:30 until lunchtime, even after two walks.

Throw an apple and an orange in there somewhere during the morning and you're flying for the day between the fiber and vitamins.

Advertisement